Nexus 10 Smart cover

Search This thread

cranch

Mar 12, 2011
Minneapolis
So I heard a rumour that the reason the cover they sent to reviewers isn't for sale is that they didn't get very good feedback on it from the reviewers or the public reading about it.

So, they went back to the drawing board for a more versatile cover, one that serves as a stand as well as a screen protector, and it simply wasn't ready for mass production on launch day.

TL;DR: Patience, good cover coming from Samsung/Google, and of course a plethora of covers from third parties.

The book cover case for the SGT 10.1 devices was actually not bad in my mind. I'm holding out hope that Samsung or Google can make something similar and better.

libertao

Nov 26, 2011
So I heard a rumour that the reason the cover they sent to reviewers isn't for sale is that they didn't get very good feedback on it from the reviewers or the public reading about it.

So, they went back to the drawing board for a more versatile cover, one that serves as a stand as well as a screen protector, and it simply wasn't ready for mass production on launch day.

TL;DR: Patience, good cover coming from Samsung/Google, and of course a plethora of covers from third parties.

Oh man I hope that is true. Where did you hear that?

MentaLrz

Jun 13, 2012
Cardiff
I just ordered the 32GB Nexus 10, but I am very dismayed at the lack of availability of any type of case for it. Needless to say, that tablet won't be going anywhere except my home. Hurry up, Google, with making the smart cover available for consumers to purchase.

Yep need a case azap

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

kylenyc

Jun 21, 2012
Cheap minimalist cover for Nexus 7 ... almost sort of

I bought this cheap cover for the KINDLE

The top of my Nexus sticks out about 1/4" (or 1/8" top and bottom if centered) but it's thin, it's cheap, good quality, and you might even be able to slip a thin magnet into it. Only thing is it won't protect the top edges but i'm very careful with mine. I love it and won't replace it unless an uber great and proper cheap cover comes out.

http://www.amazon.com/Deft-Slim-Fit-Kindle-Thinnest/dp/B006OPIHB4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

MN_Bug

May 12, 2011
Minneapolis
Google missed some serious $$ by not having accessories to order with the Nexus. Mine comes in today but I'd rather have all my goodies with it instead of waiting

Very true. The guy at MicroCenter told me that they sell many of their tablets near cost in hopes that you buy an accessory since the markup on accessories is in the 70 to 90% range.

phobium

Nov 6, 2007
Very true. The guy at MicroCenter told me that they sell many of their tablets near cost in hopes that you buy an accessory since the markup on accessories is in the 70 to 90% range.

There's plenty of sites on the web with Nexus 10 accessories now, but Google always has a bad rep with timely accessories on the Nexus devices.

Jabber024

Jan 16, 2012
Hey I found this smart cover for us canadians and it looks cheap (10$). I'll buy it and see if it's any good.

amazon.ca/gp/product/B00AO3805K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A1NX2NKI6DF6GG

Reactions: cred05

wjsmaggle

Oct 1, 2010
Hey I found this smart cover for us canadians and it looks cheap (10$). I'll buy it and see if it's any good.

amazon.ca/gp/product/B00AO3805K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A1NX2NKI6DF6GG

As a heads up, I found that same case for the Nexus 7 and it's got some pretty good sounding reviews.

Edit: Here's the link in case you're interested in reading yourself:

http://www.amazon.com/GMYLE-Leather...55952687&sr=8-1-fkmr2&keywords=gmyle+nexus+10

Last edited:

wskahle

Apr 5, 2010
Chicago
Design Flaw?

As a heads up, I found that same case for the Nexus 7 and it's got some pretty good sounding reviews.

Edit: Here's the link in case you're interested in reading yourself:

http://www.amazon.com/GMYLE-Leather...55952687&sr=8-1-fkmr2&keywords=gmyle+nexus+10

Am I wrong or wouldn't the snap get in the way of the camera when you open the cover to use it? What's the point in a hole for the camera if the snap flap would cover it? I guess I could just cut that off or let it hang on the front side when taking pictures.

bobcat255

Jan 5, 2013
I'm really surprised at the lack of covers which take advantage of the removable plastic piece on the back, like the smart cover. I'm sure lots of people are willing to pay a premium for a well designed cover (I am). I can see so many possibilities....why can't the manufacturers?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: fschlage

surprise123

Apr 10, 2012
richmond
2dtds0k.jpg

Try this should be best smart cover so far
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160954573...l?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=160954573767&_rdc=1

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did a video comparison of the Moko ultraslim and the poetic slimline case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9yym_JTukw

Let me know what you think!
    The official book cover clips onto the back:

gn10cov1.jpg
    gn10cov2.jpg

Hard top and soft inside for screen:

gn10cov3.jpg
    gn10cov4.jpg

Fitted:

gn10cov5.jpg
    gn10cov6.jpg

Open and folded back:

gn10cov7.jpg
    gn10cov8.jpg

Pros:

Very light
    Nice to hold
    Magentic

Cons:

Just a cover hence very little protection
    Expensive for what it is in UK (£30.89 including shipping|)..
    There are already multiple threads for that thing and it has nothing to do with the smart cover.

Google missed some serious $$ by not having accessories to order with the Nexus. Mine comes in today but I'd rather have all my goodies with it instead of waiting