[MOD][JB][XT925] The Droid HD Bootanimation now FULL screen 720p!!! (For ROOT users)

Search This thread

ajape

Mar 24, 2009
Santo Domingo
Hey all! :laugh: A friend of mine found the most amazing Boot animation while browsing for themes for his RAZR HD, and he sent me the file and once I saw it running in my XT925 I just knew I needed to share this with you all. :highfive:

Here we have the Droid Bootanimation, only this time it´s full screen on our 720P RAZR HD screens! Here´s the sample, a bit shortened on the beginning and end for this preview´s purposes:

102nyub.gif

This animation was taken from the Razr M I´m told, but I just know that it fills our screens perfectly and that makes it good enough by far for me, even if it wasn´t originally meant to run on our phones ;). Now to install, and please remember that YOUR PHONE NEEDS TO BE ROOTED for this to work:

1.- Download both of the files that are attached to this post to your computer.
2.- Once both these downloaded files are in your computer, unzip the droidsm.ogg.zip file and extract the droidsm.ogg file inside it and put it together in the same place or folder with the bootanimation.zip file. At this point you can delete the zip that contained the ogg file you extracted and just keep the bootanimation zip and the ogg file in the same folder in your computer
3.- Copy both the downloaded bootanimation.zip and the extracted droidsm.ogg files to a folder inside your phone.
4.- Using your preferred android File Manager (Root Browser, ES File Explorer, etc.) go to the folder System/Media of your phone. Within that folder, there should already be a file named bootanimation.zip that holds your current boot animation graphics. Rename that existing bootanimation.zip file to bootanimation.zip.bak, so you can easily go back to it later on if need be.
5.- Now still using the File Manager, go back to the folder inside your phone into which you copied the downloaded bootanimation.zip file and the extracted droidsm.ogg file from your computer, and either copy or move them both to the System/Media folder of your phone.
6.- Once the new bootanimation.zip file is in your phone´s System/Media folder, you NEED to change the file permissions for the bootanimation.zip to rw-r--r-- under the file´s properties (or 0644 if your file manager asks for the attributes code instead).
7.- Do the same permissions change for the droidsm.ogg file and set its permissions to rw-r--r-- too.
8.- Now with those changes made, you can exit your file manager, reboot your phone and just enjoy your new amazing Droid HD boot animation!!! :victory: :D

P.S.: If anything goes like it shouldn´t, just go back to the System/Media folder of your phone using your android File Manager of choice, and then delete both the bootanimation.zip file and the droidsm.ogg file that you previously copied in there. Then just rename the bootanimation.zip.bak that should still be there back to its original name before you changed it (by removing the .bak from the last part of the file´s name). Reboot and all should be as it was before . ;)

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 4,407
  • droidsm.ogg.zip
    114.9 KB · Views: 2,080
Last edited:

Oscarpr7

Jul 15, 2013
problem solved

found out my problem,

bY MISTAKE I ADDED THE ZIP FILE AND AFTERWARDS I edited as zip.bak instead of jus leaving it as zip

This cool feature worked on my razr and it looks cool as hell

thanks a lot

Last edited:

matt8484

Aug 22, 2010
nice

This works fine on my phone, I will try to reboot it more often from now on.
Thanks for sharing !!

PS: I didn't even change the file permissions and it works.

Reactions: ajape

StefanGA

Apr 3, 2007
Thanks for sharing, any idea why I don't get any sound on my XT925? Animation plays fine..

ajape

Mar 24, 2009
Santo Domingo
I have absolutely no idea... I recently changed roms to KitKat from CyanogenMod (Cm 11) and I also lost the sound. While running stock Jelly Bean it worked flawlessly, that's about all I can tell you... :crying:

StefanGA

Apr 3, 2007
I have absolutely no idea... I recently changed roms to KitKat from CyanogenMod (Cm 11) and I also lost the sound. While running stock Jelly Bean it worked flawlessly, that's about all I can tell you... :crying:
Interesting.. probably an audio codec issue.. when I copied the file from PC to Phone it told me, that the file might not be playable on the device..
(Which I usually ignore for my MP4 based audio collection)

ajape

Mar 24, 2009
Santo Domingo
I take it nobody actually has come up with a fix for the sound issue?
Well i tried every possible location in the system folder, every possible permissions variation, all sorts of changes to the zip file, the ogg file and/or the desc.txt and it was all to no avail, I still could not get a peep out of any bootnaimation I tried on CM11 no matter what. :(

s27moto

Nov 3, 2012
Tehran
sites.google.com
Hey all! :laugh: A friend of mine found the most amazing Boot animation while browsing for themes for his RAZR HD, and he sent me the file and once I saw it running in my XT925 I just knew I needed to share this with you all. :highfive:

Here we have the Droid Bootanimation, only this time it´s full screen on our 720P RAZR HD screens! Here´s the sample, a bit shortened on the beginning and end for this preview´s purposes:

102nyub.gif

This animation was taken from the Razr M I´m told, but I just know that it fills our screens perfectly and that makes it good enough by far for me, even if it wasn´t originally meant to run on our phones ;). Now to install, and please remember that YOUR PHONE NEEDS TO BE ROOTED for this to work:

2.- Once both these downloaded files are in your computer, unzip the droidsm.ogg.zip file and extract the droidsm.ogg file inside it and put it together in the same place or folder with the bootanimation.zip file. At this point you can delete the zip that contained the ogg file you extracted and just keep the bootanimation zip and the ogg file in the same folder in your computer
3.- Copy both the downloaded bootanimation.zip and the extracted droidsm.ogg files to a folder inside your phone.
4.- Using your preferred android File Manager (Root Browser, ES File Explorer, etc.) go to the folder System/Media of your phone. Within that folder, there should already be a file named bootanimation.zip that holds your current boot animation graphics. Rename that existing bootanimation.zip file to bootanimation.zip.bak, so you can easily go back to it later on if need be.
5.- Now still using the File Manager, go back to the folder inside your phone into which you copied the downloaded bootanimation.zip file and the extracted droidsm.ogg file from your computer, and either copy or move them both to the System/Media folder of your phone.
6.- Once the new bootanimation.zip file is in your phone´s System/Media folder, you NEED to change the file permissions for the bootanimation.zip to rw-r--r-- under the file´s properties (or 0644 if your file manager asks for the attributes code instead).
7.- Do the same permissions change for the droidsm.ogg file and set its permissions to rw-r--r-- too.
8.- Now with those changes made, you can exit your file manager, reboot your phone and just enjoy your new amazing Droid HD boot animation!!! :victory: :D

P.S.: If anything goes like it shouldn´t, just go back to the System/Media folder of your phone using your android File Manager of choice, and then delete both the bootanimation.zip file and the droidsm.ogg file that you previously copied in there. Then just rename the bootanimation.zip.bak that should still be there back to its original name before you changed it (by removing the .bak from the last part of the file´s name). Reboot and all should be as it was before . ;)

there is no sound play on booting
i test it on 4.1.2 original and cm 11
please help me :eek: :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

102nyub.gif

Beautiful!!
    Thanks ;)
    Thank you, it works great, I just didn't put the sound file as I don't want to have sound at boot.
    Looks and works great, thank you!
    It should...? :confused:

My pleasure ;)

Sent from my Motorola RAZR HD XT925

worked perfectly on my XT926!!! thank you very much :good: