[Q] help with root for HTC Desire HD (android 2.3.5 / software 3.13.415.2)

Search This thread

bryjt85

Jan 12, 2012
hello …... can i ask some noob questions ….. cause this thread one of the best and most organized one’s ….i’m not expert in modifying android …. but i need to root my device because some apps won’t work without it …......
i read a lot about the root thing and it was confusing ..
so i downloaded the aahk kit and read the Effen Manual ( i found that you really hate those who start the process without reading the instructions > so i did my homework and studied the manual ))))
but still have some question that need to be answered before i start …
my device is not rooted before ….i bought with the original OS and updated to GB after one day .. and couple weaks ago i recieved the new 2.3.5 with sense 3.0 .. OTA.......
i understood that the root thing doesn’t erase any data in your device (contacts, music, pics,or apps ))......but when i read the effen manual i found this in (imported version notes ) If you are running one of the following Sense 3 build versions a full downgrade is required, which means your data WILL be lost ….
one of them is : HTC Arabic 3.13.415.2 downgrades to HTC ARABIC GB 2.42.415.1
my version ….. is 3.13.415.2
(1) so that mean i will lose everything ????
(2) after downgrade to GB2.42.415.1 and finishing the root …. what version will i have the 2.42.415.1 or the 3.13.415.2........
(3) will the android 2.3.5 and sense 3.0 remain without change or will it change to previous version ….
(4) at last … if i want to return the device back to the original condition can i ?? if yes it will return to 3.13.415.2 a previous one >>> and it will return to android 3.3.5 with sense 3.0 or previous one …...and if it will return to a previous one will i be able to update it to 2.3.5 with sense 3.0 through the regular way ( through setting>about phone>software updates ) or will i have to do it manually …...

one more thing if used unofficial rom (cayoon …. etc ) then decided to return to my original rom ...can i ???

sorry to bother you with my noob questions ...but i will be more than pleased if you helped me out …. cause i really found your thread pretty use full , organized and cleared …

Last edited:

mr_makulit

Jan 31, 2011
hello …... can i ask some noob questions ….. cause this thread one of the best and most organized one’s ….i’m not expert in modifying android …. but i need to root my device because some apps won’t work without it …......
i read a lot about the root thing and it was confusing ..
so i downloaded the aahk kit and read the Effen Manual ( i found that you really hate those who start the process without reading the instructions > so i did my homework and studied the manual ))))
but still have some question that need to be answered before i start …
my device is not rooted before ….i bought with the original OS and updated to GB after one day .. and couple weaks ago i recieved the new 2.3.5 with sense 3.0 .. FTO.......
i understood that the root thing doesn’t erase any data in your device (contacts, music, pics,or apps ))......but when i read the effen manual i found this in (imported version notes ) If you are running one of the following Sense 3 build versions a full downgrade is required, which means your data WILL be lost ….
one of them is : HTC Arabic 3.13.415.2 downgrades to HTC ARABIC GB 2.42.415.1
my version ….. is 3.13.415.2
(1) so that mean i will lose everything ????
(2) after downgrade to GB2.42.415.1 and finishing the root …. what version will i have the 2.42.415.1 or the 3.13.415.2........
(3) will the android 2.3.5 and sense 3.0 remain without change or will it change to previous version ….
(4) at last … if i want to return the device back to the original condition can i ?? if yes it will return to 3.13.415.2 a previous one >>> and it will return to android 3.3.5 with sense 3.0 or previous one …...and if it will return to a previous one will i be able to update it to 2.3.5 with sense 3.0 through the regular way ( through setting>about phone>software updates ) or will i have to do it manually …...

one more thing if used unofficial rom (cayoon …. etc ) then decided to return to my original rom ...can i ???

sorry to bother you with my noob questions ...but i will be more than pleased if you helped me out …. cause i really found your thread pretty use full , organized and cleared …

AFAIK, there is no way to root firmware 3.13 (correct me if I'm wrong). In order to root it, you must downgrade your device in a lower version that has the root exploit.

To answer your questions:

(1) so that mean i will lose everything ???? - Yes since you are downgrading your device, all data will be erased.

(2) after downgrade to GB2.42.415.1 and finishing the root …. what version will i have the 2.42.415.1 or the 3.13.415.2........ - It will be 2.42.415.1 since you downgrade your device to this version.

(3) will the android 2.3.5 and sense 3.0 remain without change or will it change to previous version …. - It will be changed the version which firmware 2.42.415.1 has. If you want to get Sense 3.0 and android 2.3.5 again, you will then have to flash a new ROM on your device that has Sense 3.0 and Android 2.3.5

(4) if you want to go back to stock after rooting, you can download a RUU with the build/firmware number you want to go back with then flash it on your phone then everything will be back on stock.

bryjt85

Jan 12, 2012
thank you very much for the explication ......
do you advice me to go through all this ....i need the root and i don't want to stuck with old version which mean i have to flash custom room .....and i'm beginner at this things ..and it will be my first time to root and flash rom...??????

FazOnDroid

Jun 10, 2011
AFAIK, there is no way to root firmware 3.13 (correct me if I'm wrong). In order to root it, you must downgrade your device in a lower version that has the root exploit.

To answer your questions:

(1) so that mean i will lose everything ???? - Yes since you are downgrading your device, all data will be erased.

(2) after downgrade to GB2.42.415.1 and finishing the root …. what version will i have the 2.42.415.1 or the 3.13.415.2........ - It will be 2.42.415.1 since you downgrade your device to this version.

(3) will the android 2.3.5 and sense 3.0 remain without change or will it change to previous version …. - It will be changed the version which firmware 2.42.415.1 has. If you want to get Sense 3.0 and android 2.3.5 again, you will then have to flash a new ROM on your device that has Sense 3.0 and Android 2.3.5

(4) if you want to go back to stock after rooting, you can download a RUU with the build/firmware number you want to go back with then flash it on your phone then everything will be back on stock.

I'm also noob here, so what about S-ON or S-OFF thing if I want to rollback to stock ROM?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using XDA Premium App

mr_makulit

Jan 31, 2011
thank you very much for the explication ......
do you advice me to go through all this ....i need the root and i don't want to stuck with old version which mean i have to flash custom room .....and i'm beginner at this things ..and it will be my first time to root and flash rom...??????

It is up to you bro :D. If you are not satisfied with the stock ROM and you want to do other things that require Root access then go ahead. If you are satisfied enough with the stock, I suggest do not.

If you decide to continue rooting it, my advice is to be very careful. Though most of the people here on XDA successfully rooted their devices, there is still a chance to brick your device if you not follow the correct procedures. Read and follow the instructions step by step so you wont brick your phone.

By the way, if your DHD still has warranty, you will be losing it if you root. So think first if you want root or not. Its your device anyways ;)

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

I'm also noob here, so what about S-ON or S-OFF thing if I want to rollback to stock ROM?

Can you put some more details on what you were asking?

Last edited:

salarkhel

Jan 28, 2011
Peshawar
Bro I advise you to try HTC supertool... It can root ur sense 3 without downgrade... Try... Also there are fewer instructions to follow... Not that never-ending effen manual.... Just search xda for HTC supertool...

Sent from my dHD

bryjt85

Jan 12, 2012
thanks guys ... i rooted my device ... every thing went smooth without problems ... even tried rom ( runnydroid v.3.0 by pv team ) ....
can suggest a fine rom based on GB2.3.5 with sense 3.5 that support arabic language ...??

FazOnDroid

Jun 10, 2011
It is up to you bro :D. If you are not satisfied with the stock ROM and you want to do other things that require Root access then go ahead. If you are satisfied enough with the stock, I suggest do not.

If you decide to continue rooting it, my advice is to be very careful. Though most of the people here on XDA successfully rooted their devices, there is still a chance to brick your device if you not follow the correct procedures. Read and follow the instructions step by step so you wont brick your phone.

By the way, if your DHD still has warranty, you will be losing it if you root. So think first if you want root or not. Its your device anyways ;)

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Can you put some more details on what you were asking?

After do some homework I found that there are many ways out there can s-on after s-off, but what do u me by "warranty will void"? So if s-on can be done so is it still can be tracing that phone have been rooted before?