[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies [3.0 kernel]

Search This thread

milaq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net
kitkat.jpg

Welcome to the unofficial CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies

The build start time is at 03:01 UTC every sunday night and should be uploaded soon after. If at anytime the builds are not there, then there was a problem building the ROM, and we will have a look at it ASAP.

Attention: PARTITIONING REQUIRED.
KitKat takes up more space than 400mb. Resizing your system partition to 500mb is required. Also, this build is a datamedia build - this means that we utilise an emulated sdcard on the data partition and both share the same partition thus space. Yet, the sdcard partition is also mounted and can be used for file usage (deprecated). Resizing the sdcard partition (/dev/media) to a rather small size and allocating the remaining size to /data is recommended.

What is datamedia? Click here.

Advised partition layout
Easiest way to get the correct partition sizes is by using jcsullins tptoolbox

Alternatively one could use "Tailor" in webOS (install with preware et al) and use the following layout:
system - 600mb
cache - 200mb
media - 400mb
data - [remaining space] (i.e. ~11.5gb for 16gb TouchPads)

Download Recovery (CWM-6.0.4.9-jcs)
CWM with datamedia support required to properly support emulated sdcard storage in 4.4

Download builds

Download Google Apps (2014-01-05)

Changes
Upstream changes

Devicetree commits

Kernel commits

Wifi driver commits

And as always: I take no responsibility whatsoever for raging, screaming, crying, frustration, failing, confusion, dead kittens, etc.

Last edited:

milaq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net
Thanks/Credits
  • James Sullins (jcsullins) - for his awesome work on the TouchPad
  • Tomasz Rostanski (Dorregaray) - for his work on many parts on Android for the TouchPad (esp. camera)
  • William Bellavance (flintman) - for getting around mr2 quirks of audio and wifi, further development and fixes
  • Dan Pasanen (invisiblek) - for continuing to port awesome stuff to the TouchPad and many great commits
  • David R. Marble (drmarble) - for supporting the CM10.1/CM10.2 port, many great ideas and sdcard partition mounting with the new fstab
  • Arne Coucheron (arco) - for his work on the legacy QC userspace drivers
  • Erik Hardesty (Erik Hardesty) - for the initial kernel work
  • eyeballer, verygreen and all other TP Devs - for their innovative and collaborative work
  • Steve Kondik (cyanogen) - for starting this great project
  • Google - for an awesome OS

Let me know if i omitted you and i will add you here asap

IRC channel
Visit us in #cyanogenmod-touchpad (general) or #cyanogenmod-dev (only dev related talk) on freenode

Last edited:

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
I'm downloading it right now - though it says I have about an hour left on my download...

pshadoww

Mar 8, 2011
Thank you very much for the great ROM!
Is Bluetooth working? If not, will Bluetooth work in later version?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

lifeisfun

Nov 7, 2007
Did you folks actually managed to download it?
I tried several times (different PC's IE/Firefox/chrome) the download always fails (not just this but any ROM on this server)

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

I have tried several times and can't get it past 35% before interrupt. Have tried 3 different networks. No Problem, it will be there tonight.. I am excited to try it.

Same here, any rom not just this :(

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
E:Can't open /external_sd/download/cm-11-20131125-EXPERIMENTAL-tenderloin.zip (bad)
Installation aborted.

why! i downloaded it twice and it still wont install. i have no clue why it wont just install. i just resized partitions, installed datamedia cwm, and tried installing cm11 and thats what i get.

nBJUje3.jpg

aicjofs

Nov 6, 2012
Portland, Oregon
Yeah I think it's failing for you because its not fully downloading. Says it 175MB but only downloads 168MB. You can't open the archive in Windows/Linux either.

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
ok, thanks to XXCoder1 in irc, got this figured out. the file host server sucks. the correct filesize should be 171330kb with an md5 sum of 126b3aac91a26f8ae1066daecaecf5bd. took multiple downloads, so maybe a new host is in order...

[13:32:46] <TheJackofClubs> 126b3aac91a26f8ae1066daecaecf5bd
[13:36:24] <XXCoder1> 126b3aac91a26f8ae1066daecaecf5bd

Reactions: mtucker and JimSP

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    kitkat.jpg

Welcome to the unofficial CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies

The build start time is at 03:01 UTC every sunday night and should be uploaded soon after. If at anytime the builds are not there, then there was a problem building the ROM, and we will have a look at it ASAP.

Attention: PARTITIONING REQUIRED.
    KitKat takes up more space than 400mb. Resizing your system partition to 500mb is required. Also, this build is a datamedia build - this means that we utilise an emulated sdcard on the data partition and both share the same partition thus space. Yet, the sdcard partition is also mounted and can be used for file usage (deprecated). Resizing the sdcard partition (/dev/media) to a rather small size and allocating the remaining size to /data is recommended.

What is datamedia? Click here.

Advised partition layout
    Easiest way to get the correct partition sizes is by using jcsullins tptoolbox

Alternatively one could use "Tailor" in webOS (install with preware et al) and use the following layout:
    system - 600mb
    cache - 200mb
    media - 400mb
    data - [remaining space] (i.e. ~11.5gb for 16gb TouchPads)

Download Recovery (CWM-6.0.4.9-jcs)
    CWM with datamedia support required to properly support emulated sdcard storage in 4.4

Download builds

Download Google Apps (2014-01-05)

Changes
    Upstream changes

Devicetree commits

Kernel commits

Wifi driver commits

And as always: I take no responsibility whatsoever for raging, screaming, crying, frustration, failing, confusion, dead kittens, etc.
    Thanks/Credits
    • James Sullins (jcsullins) - for his awesome work on the TouchPad
    • Tomasz Rostanski (Dorregaray) - for his work on many parts on Android for the TouchPad (esp. camera)
    • William Bellavance (flintman) - for getting around mr2 quirks of audio and wifi, further development and fixes
    • Dan Pasanen (invisiblek) - for continuing to port awesome stuff to the TouchPad and many great commits
    • David R. Marble (drmarble) - for supporting the CM10.1/CM10.2 port, many great ideas and sdcard partition mounting with the new fstab
    • Arne Coucheron (arco) - for his work on the legacy QC userspace drivers
    • Erik Hardesty (Erik Hardesty) - for the initial kernel work
    • eyeballer, verygreen and all other TP Devs - for their innovative and collaborative work
    • Steve Kondik (cyanogen) - for starting this great project
    • Google - for an awesome OS

Let me know if i omitted you and i will add you here asap

IRC channel
    Visit us in #cyanogenmod-touchpad (general) or #cyanogenmod-dev (only dev related talk) on freenode

Here's a preview build with the new 3.4 kernel using cm -caf HALs:
    http://invisiblek.org/tenderloin/roms/cm11.0/cm-11-20131224-UNOFFICIAL-tenderloin.zip

Hold on tight, this thing is buttery.
    (BT and Camera are busted still, probably a few other minor things too)

This was a collaborative effort by several people including Flemmard, flintman and jcsullins. I don't deserve much credit here other than building it. This is a huge step toward getting official cm builds again.
    We are actually using the latest code from codeaurora for this which is simply amazing on this old device. :p

Please don't clog up this thread with any bug reports for this build or anything, that's not my intention of posting this. Things are broken, that's known, and actively being worked on.

Enjoy!

EDIT: you should be able to flash this over milaq's build without an issue.

EDIT2: It seems to be plagued with watchdog reboots related to the audio which was recently fixed. Beware!

EDIT3: Trouble installing? http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48793992&postcount=326
    kernel migration

thanks for the 3.0 feedback.
    besides minor quirks and missing camera/bt (which will be included at some point again) these builds are ready for prime time now.

the nightly builds will include the 3.0 kernel by default from now on.
    this means that all builds newer than 2014-01-06 will be 3.0 kernel builds.

cheers
    It appears camera support may not be coming to the 3.0 kernel after all, at least that has been suggested in the camera thread. Also most of the dev energies appear to have focused on the 3.4 kernel.

both kernels have their advantages.
    i decided to include 3.0 intially because of the fact that it was more stable than the 3.4 branch. except camera almost everything is working with 3.0 (esp. direct fb recovery). power consumption, cpu pm and audio-in is a problem with 3.4 atm (which is worked on and eventually will go along just fine).

until stated problems with 3.4 are worked out going with 3.0 is more beneficial for using the tp as a daily driver imho. the 3.4 branch is also a very good option but there are a few minor quirks here and there (vide supra).

personally i dont really use the cam and my freetime is very limited until mid-march (thanks to @koalala for taking time to work on it).

we *have* the choice to utilise either 3.0 or 3.4, which have almost the same performance/featureset so the switch to 3.4 may or may not come and the device tree can be accomodated very easily thus happening on the fly.