[Q] Rooting via Kingo doesn't work on i9205

Search This thread

ValorZero

Jun 18, 2014
Basically, I tried to root my i9205 but all I got after rooting was the Security Notice "[Any app that requires root] attempted to access a secure area on your device without authorisation.

This basically means that the root actually worked, but it's blocked by freaking knox. How do I remove knox without root now?

(..I may not know where to post this thread in the correct section anyway, so pardon me for that.)

Last edited:

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
Basically, I tried to root my i9205 but all I got after rooting was the Security Notice "[Any app that requires root] attempted to access a secure area on your device without authorisation.

This basically means that the root actually worked, but it's blocked by freaking knox. How do I remove knox without root now?
Did you install SuperSu as when you open that app it should detect that knox is present and ask if you would like to disable it..that is how it worked on my i527m mega after rooting. :)

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app

ValorZero

Jun 18, 2014
Did you install SuperSu as when you open that app it should detect that knox is present and ask if you would like to disable it..that is how it worked on my i527m mega after rooting. :)

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app

Unfortunately no. When I open SuperSU, it says that there's no SU binary installed. Although I did already root with kingo. Should I root it again?