SUUNTO power clip fits TS

Search This thread

chiwah

May 31, 2006
http://www.cellularoutfitter.com/p-58022-universal-mobile-phone-battery-charger.html

these are quite famous used in Asia so you dont need specific chargers for old battery phones at a time where all manufacturers made their own charger.

in fact i have one at home and would like to test for you as long you can give me clear instructions which ones are the pins to charge the battery with.

cause i remember the middle ones you mentioned are +/+ in polarity that means it cant be charge putting them in the middle right.

Basically the battery inside had three plates, i need to know which one are minus and plus and then know which one outside are running parallel to it.

I think the other two remaining are for data purposes.

CPGOD

Jun 11, 2003
Nottingham
http://www.cellularoutfitter.com/p-58022-universal-mobile-phone-battery-charger.html

these are quite famous used in Asia so you dont need specific chargers for old battery phones at a time where all manufacturers made their own charger.

in fact i have one at home and would like to test for you as long you can give me clear instructions which ones are the pins to charge the battery with.

cause i remember the middle ones you mentioned are +/+ in polarity that means it cant be charge putting them in the middle right.

Basically the battery inside had three plates, i need to know which one are minus and plus and then know which one outside are running parallel to it.

I think the other two remaining are for data purposes.

I think we may have been at cross-purposes, but not to worry, we can still help.

I was looking to make an alternate charger while the battery was inside the TS - I think you are wanting to charge the battery outside?

The device you posted - it looks like it has 4 pins as outputs, and the levers used to set a voltage to each one - yes?

What is the distance between each pin - does it look as though the TS (not the battery) could sit on top and all the connections meet?

Anyway, to answer your question, Ive attached a couple of picture of the battery only - it shows the max charging voltage, in case yours doesnt.
I used a meter to test the voltage of the battery - as far as I can tell, the middle pin is not used, so you may be able to get away with just applying a voltage to the other two. It may be the middle one is used as a control - to send a stop charging message for example.

I have now got the SUUNTO clip working with just 0V and +5V to the outside pins - its all about lining them up properly!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 1,033
  • b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,045
Last edited:

chiwah

May 31, 2006
I think we may have been at cross-purposes, but not to worry, we can still help.

I was looking to make an alternate charger while the battery was inside the TS - I think you are wanting to charge the battery outside?

yes the battery can be charged already with the universal charger faith the pins but it's a hassle to unscrew the backplate all the time.

The device you posted - it looks like it has 4 pins as outputs, and the levers used to set a voltage to each one - yes?

It only has two pins with bended pins but hard to reach the four designated pins from outside

What is the distance between each pin - does it look as though the TS (not the battery) could sit on top and all the connections meet?

Pins are bendable in Some way...these chargers are £1-2 pounds region on eBay

Anyway, to answer your question, Ive attached a couple of picture of the battery only - it shows the max charging voltage, in case yours doesnt.
I used a meter to test the voltage of the battery - as far as I can tell, the middle pin is not used, so you may be able to get away with just applying a voltage to the other two. It may be the middle one is used as a control - to send a stop charging message for example.

I have now got the SUUNTO clip working with just 0V and +5V to the outside pins - its all about lining them up properly!

attachment.php

attachment.php

My question is more could you figure out with pins can be used to charge OUTSIDE with the universal charger? I didn't get a green light with the pins which I did had using the battery putting those pins in the outer two plates (from the pic battery) I would have thought those 4 dots outside two of them are the same as the two outer ones I from battery

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Replied within I your text inside sorry not very clear

CPGOD

Jun 11, 2003
Nottingham
My question is more could you figure out with pins can be used to charge OUTSIDE with the universal charger? I didn't get a green light with the pins which I did had using the battery putting those pins in the outer two plates (from the pic battery) I would have thought those 4 dots outside two of them are the same as the two outer ones I from battery

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Replied within I your text inside sorry not very clear

From My earlier Post:

With the clam shell opened to the left, so the 4 contact pins are on the right, the voltages (top to bottom) are: GND, +2.00V, +2.57V, +5V. [This is plugged into a wall plug charger, not PC)

Hopefully from this you can orient your TS and the charger so that only the two outside pins are connected with the correct polarity.

chiwah

May 31, 2006
Tried... no "green" light for good polarity If I try to reverse the watch I can't
Reach the terminals without modding it...?

CPGOD

Jun 11, 2003
Nottingham
I don't mind sending you the charger so you can figure it out as I don't have loads of time
As long you send it back to me PM me you address we take it from there

im thinking by the time we've both paid for postage, could turn out to be exoensive.
If all you want is another charger: https://www.smartwatchmarket.eu/en/accessories/3-ocharger-for-the-omate-truesmart.html
https://www.smartwatchmarket.eu/en/accessories/3-ocharger-for-the-omate-truesmart.html

giri@nwrk.biz

May 8, 2015
page.nwrk.biz
My Simvalley AW 420 RX came with an little cushion which makes it possible to use the hardware keys while loading. Maybe an little needle cushion will do the trick for you?
20150617_182154.jpg

20150617_182205.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Suunto - warning!!

Wow can´t wait to hear if it works out for you...

OK - I too was thinking the SUUNTO lead would be a good extra addition, so ordered one off Fleabay.

I used a standard voltmeter to check the connections on the TS cradle (pics will come).
    With the clam shell opened to the left, so the 4 contact pins are on the right, the voltages (top to bottom) are: GND, +2.00V, +2.57V, +5V. [This is plugged into a wall plug charger, not PC)

Using the meter on the SUUNTO lead, oriented to reflect the same top to bottom pinout (for me the lead comes out of the right of the plug, and SUUNTO is upside down),
    then THE GND AND +5V ARE REVERSED, SO THIS WOULD PROBABLY SHORT THE TS BATTERY/DAMAGE THE WATCH.

Im in the process of hacking the cable, just by cutting open and switching the cables, but initial feedback doesn't show the that the TS is charging.
    [I have only swapped GND and 5V, so wonder if the other lower voltages are needed]

I do also see that the SUUNTO clamp pins and TS pads don't line up exactly, and the clamp doesn't hold on very well to the watch....

More updates later.
    Hi,

I noticed that my SUUNTO power clip fits perfectly on the TS also using 4 connecting point. However I do not know how the wiring of the TS is and how it then should be changed on the clip. I think it would be much more practical to use a modified power clip vs the Omate cradle (obviously need to buy an additional SUUNTO power clip to modify). Any ideas?
    Here some pictures ;)
    Best way to check is to hook the cable to a charger and check the metal points with a multimeter and do the same thing for the cradle.
    Small update: I reversed to polarity of SUUNTO clip by changing the USB connector to match the 5V +/- of the TS cradle (pin 1 and 4); however the TS does not charge. I assume there is a bit more to it to match the SUUNTO charger cable with the cradle and get TS to charge (I am measuring different resistance in clip and cradle from pin 2 and 3). But unfortunately I am more of a desk jockey and not really technically savvy :silly:
    Maybe somebody has more info on the cradle circuit and is able to built the right charger clip. For now the non-ergonomic cradle is the only option for me.