no 4g love in virginia

Search This thread

baronmxc

Jan 26, 2009
Richmond, Virginia
Current speeds in Richmond, VA. I do know that the speedtest app can be off a little but I'll repost one from the computer later on.

Sent from phone.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1340925651549.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340925651549.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 110

baronmxc

Jan 26, 2009
Richmond, Virginia
Yes it is. LTE has "officially" been here since October 2011. I thought the speeds would have gone down due to more users but it is still around the same speeds since launch.

I know Fredericksburg, VA got 4G a couple months ago but I haven't tested the speeds out there yet. Haven't been travelling around VA since April.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

Last edited:

queva1

Apr 19, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
4mbps down, that's it? That's really slow. Two weeks ago I was getting 4G on Rivermont Avenue and was able to pull down 16mbps. How was your signal strength? I wonder if you were far from the tower.

Yea I thought 4 was a little slow to.... Later on I got 13 so it could been a fluke either way it's better than 3g.....I got 600mb downloaded in the 30 min or so that I was using it!

seeingwhite

Aug 30, 2010
Yea I thought 4 was a little slow to.... Later on I got 13 so it could been a fluke either way it's better than 3g.....I got 600mb downloaded in the 30 min or so that I was using it!

I think it must have been a larger scale test, because a lot of people on Facebook were commenting on it, and I usually don't see that.

seeingwhite

Aug 30, 2010
Just got 30mbps on wards Rd @ walmart... 4g seems to be pretty constant now.... I tested the speed multiple times and it was the same 30mbps
Wow, that's great. I wonder what they changed. It must have been a bandwidth issue. Now if they will stop locking their bootloaders we will be in good shape.

Got a nexus and fixed the pesky bootloader issue, and I'm running jelly bean aosp as we speak need I say more!

:)

Im in Lynchburg as well...Do you think it will be expanded any further at the moment? Or will they just run more tests and whatnot of what they already have before launch? Im curious because my house is about a half mile away from coverage atm. Just would like an opinion

seeingwhite

Aug 30, 2010
Im in Lynchburg as well...Do you think it will be expanded any further at the moment? Or will they just run more tests and whatnot of what they already have before launch? Im curious because my house is about a half mile away from coverage atm. Just would like an opinion

They are definitely expanding it. I have info from 2 high-level area managers that have said Verizon is committed to investing in the surrounding counties. So not if, but when is the question.

Reactions: smitty4_4

baronmxc

Jan 26, 2009
Richmond, Virginia
Time to travel around Virginia again. Fredericksburg's 4G has been slow so maybe the expansion will help it. Here in Richmond its been super fast since launch in mid 2011

sent from my phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's official for Richmond, Hampton Roads, and Roanoke.

Richmond and Hampton Roads by Oct. 20

Roanoke by the end of 2011

The official documentation here:
    http://news.vzw.com/news/2011/09/pr2011-09-21.html

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App
    Richmond VA has 4G mainly in Mechanicsville and the VCU area. Spoty in the North Highland Park area and the West End is straight 3G (although the West End got a glimpse of 4G for a day around the end of July)

In Northern VA it stops at around Woodbridge, a little spoty in Dale City however. Not sure how far west but I do believe Leesburg, Ashburn and Sterling all have 4G. If the person above is right who said Richmond would be complete around October, then it shouldn't be long after for Fredericksburg to be upgraded as well as its the mid way point between DC and Richmond on I-95.

I believe he is telling the truth. I have seen a lot of Verizon workers at tower sites around Richmond lately.

EDIT: this was a response to ghstrdr1985's last response. The quote didn't go thru I guess.

Downtown and south of the James has it now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium
    VA Beach - 1 mile from Pembroke Mall 4G confirmed