[Q] What phone are you gonna get after Desire Z/G2 ?

Search This thread

crestofawave

Dec 17, 2011
Heraklion
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Me too... it also makes me a little nervous, though I'm sure there are work-arounds for the problems I'm imagining... removable batteries and SD cards just seem pretty essential on rooted devices. Obviously this is not the case, but all the same, I wish HTC hadn't locked down the One series.

I would guess the workaround for no removable batteries would be a hard reset button (one not tied to software). Again, if the "sdcard" is a different chip in their devices there should be no issues.

Even so, I would definitely prefer having physical access...

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I would guess the workaround for no removable batteries would be a hard reset button (one not tied to software).

The One X and One XL (and maybe other phones in the One series?) has a feature where holding down the power button for over 10 seconds shuts down the phone, similar to doing a battery pull. Its a hard-wired feature, and not tied to software; so it should work in all circumstances.

I think this is a feature in all HTC devices without a removable battery (or at least a battery not intended to be removed by consumers), as my HTC Flyer has the same feature.

Reactions: Ditamae

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So far , nothing in mind.
    What has a qwerty, track pad, speed, sd, HD cam, 480x800 and up screen res, FM, etc and got a high rating in costumers satisfaction?

Nothing yet. What I'm maybe looking for : 2 core, super amoled, better battery life.

650-smartphones.jpg

source : www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/apple-samsung-top-j-d-power-mobile-phone-satisfaction/
    I am interested in the amaze 4g and the sensation XE

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App
    I would guess the workaround for no removable batteries would be a hard reset button (one not tied to software).

The One X and One XL (and maybe other phones in the One series?) has a feature where holding down the power button for over 10 seconds shuts down the phone, similar to doing a battery pull. Its a hard-wired feature, and not tied to software; so it should work in all circumstances.

I think this is a feature in all HTC devices without a removable battery (or at least a battery not intended to be removed by consumers), as my HTC Flyer has the same feature.