[TOOL] Full Brick Repair (Clean & Easy)

Search This thread

ProgMaq

Apr 18, 2008
Is the system partition size older 300+MB or newer 500+?

Is original size, so ~350 Mb.

With this tool, you can change the size of system partition.

I think that we need make a default partitions for Optimus 2x and ICS/JB. This is good for users and developers ;)

My recommendation:

- 512 MB System
- 128 MB Cache
- 2 MB Misc
- 2,5 MB LGDRG
- 16 MB Kernel
- 16 MB Recovery
- Rest go to UserData (FUSE)

Reactions: Imperticus

aldyu

Jun 21, 2012
Hi, tried this one and set the system partition to 512mb. Problem is I cannot mount my internal sdcard anymore, any idea how to fix?

Edit: It seems that CWM 6.0.1.5 is the culprit, reflashed but using CWM 5.0.2.8 instead do the trick. Got now the system partition size that I wanted. So far no problem encountered.

Last edited:

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Thanks ProgMaq for such a great tool.

Can you please make one more NVFlashable Unbrick Rom with CWM5? If not with CM10 then at least with CM7 or DJ1.7 (preferably)? Thanks in advance.

sturmtruppler

Sep 10, 2012
Just had to use it, works great! :D

Thank you very much!:thumbup:

Sent from my p990 running Gueste2X v3.8 Hybrid Revolution

ProgMaq

Apr 18, 2008
Thanks ProgMaq for such a great tool.

Can you please make one more NVFlashable Unbrick Rom with CWM5? If not with CM10 then at least with CM7 or DJ1.7 (preferably)? Thanks in advance.

Yes I can ;) but if you don't want wait, you can try this:

- Download this tool.
- Delete "7-recovery.img" file.
- Download this file: http://download2.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-p990.img
- Rename "recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-p990.img" to "7-recovery.img" and put in the tool folder.
- Run flash.bat
- Enjoy ;)

You can do this with any recovery ;)

tzuik

Apr 14, 2010
I was looking how to do this but then I found out that I have to run Flash.bat file from the downloaded zip after i unzip everything. Now I am looking how to re-size the partitions to be able to install the new ICS rom with v28e baseband.

Hope this helps anyone... I looked 2h for it.

Last edited:

julianosplendido

Oct 15, 2010
Munich
Thank you very much for this tool, it is really great and easy to use. However, I tried it on my little netbook with Linux Mint 13 on it, and just saw that there is no .sh file (as for Windows the .bat file) included. Is it possible to add such a file so that Linux users can also enjoy it? I'd like to create it myself, but I am really a greenhorn in such matters :(

stonebear

Sep 26, 2011
I can't mount my internal sd card, I didn't change any partition sizes, I have tried using the CWM5 but it's not just that CWM can't mount the internal sd card, it isn't mounted when booted up and using the rom either.

I posted here about it http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1990306

edit

Third time lucky and what I did different this time was let the rom boot up instead of going straight to recovery and flashing gapps. I also used CWM 5.8.1.3 this time (by mistake, I thought it was 5.0.2.8). Whatever it was my internal sd card is now fine. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: pablo86ht and aldyu

aldyu

Jun 21, 2012
I can't mount my internal sd card, I didn't change any partition sizes, I have tried using the CWM5 but it's not just that CWM can't mount the internal sd card, it isn't mounted when booted up and using the rom either.

I posted here about it http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1990306

edit

Third time lucky and what I did different this time was let the rom boot up instead of going straight to recovery and flashing gapps. I also used CWM 5.8.1.3 this time (by mistake, I thought it was 5.0.2.8). Whatever it was my internal sd card is now fine. :)

I think it was also my mistake during my first try, I did not boot yet after nvflash, instead I directly go to cwm then restore backup.. I though it was CWM 6.x issue, so in my 2nd try, I changed to cwm 5.0.2.8 then booted the rom first then did a clean install.

Reactions: stonebear

atheoran

Aug 23, 2011
This zip is not valid says my winrar, it unzips it but every file is 0kb....... any fast help?

stonebear

Sep 26, 2011
Hi, tried this one and set the system partition to 512mb.

Do I change system partition by changing this part of the cfg file?

[partition]
name=APP
id=6
type=data
allocation_policy=sequential
filesystem_type=basic
size=367001600
file_system_attribute=0
partition_attribute=0
allocation_attribute=8
percent_reserved=0
filename=1-system.img

aldyu

Jun 21, 2012
Do I change system partition by changing this part of the cfg file?

[partition]
name=APP
id=6
type=data
filesystem_type=basic
size=367001600
file_system_attribute=0
partition_attribute=0
allocation_attribute=8
percent_reserved=0
filename=1-system.img

Yes... be sure to boot first b4 flashing other rom..

Sent from Official CM10

Reactions: stonebear

R0B3RTF1SH3R

ive been using stefans rom, which has been great, however i want to try tony's ICS now, his changed my bootloader, im using this now to restore to default cm10, with old bootloader and partitions correct?

i actually used v10d 2x-v10b-1300166062-nvflash
thinking it would revert bootloader. then rooted, instaled cwm,
then noticed the LG logo was constantly flickering in the background, over the top of everything.

strange. so yeah. lucky i find this tool =D

stonebear

Sep 26, 2011
ive been using stefans rom, which has been great, however i want to try tony's ICS now, his changed my bootloader, im using this now to restore to default cm10, with old bootloader and partitions correct?

Correct. CM10 uses the old GB bootloader and partitions, though you can change system size if you like. I am going to do so as CM10 uses every kb of the normal system partition size. Tony's ICS full version needs a bigger system partition too.

See the red numbers in my post above, I am changing them to 536870912 and then I will have a 512mb system partition.

Last edited:

svein01

Oct 24, 2006
Oslo
"Bootloader download failed"

I had hoped I wouldn't need to ask for help on this one. I've been trying to repair my Made in Korea P990 now for a couple of days, but none of the information I found is working.

The situation:
- About one week ago, I flashed the V28G_00 leak from LG to my P990. I unpacked the kdz and installed
the AP bin and CP fls files using Smartflash and allowed it to repartition my phone. The ROM worked well
for about one week, then started running extremely hot and I experienced a lot of battery consumption.
- So I did a "factory reset." Oops.
- Following a factory reset, I got stuck in the LG boot logo that several people have mentioned in this forum.
I also couldn't enter the "S/W Upgrade" screen, as the phone didn't react at all to the volume-down and USB
cable song and dance.
- No worries, I figured; I'll just nvflash a new bootloader. So I came to this thread (and found other threads
and followed those as well)
- I have been utterly unable to flash a new bootloader. Every NVflash download out there reports the same thing:
NvError 0x30012 when trying to downlad the new bootloader.

Except once. One one single occasion, using this repair tool from ProgMaq, the entire process seemingly worked. The flash batch script ran from start to end, I got a "S/W Upgrade" screen on the phone while still connected to the computer (in Korean, but I figured I could live with that), and allowed the phone to disconnect itself from the computer (waited for USB disconnect sound) before unplugging it. However, the phone is now stuck in a white LG logo boot loop instead of the pink logo that came with the ICS upgrade.

To sum up: can't get past the LG boot logo. I can enter APX mode just fine. I can't enter ADB mode, for obvious reasons. Every flavor of NVflash fails to install a bootloader. Output from ProgMaq repairer:

ProgMaq LG Optimus 2X (P990) repairer
========================================

* Remove the battery.
* Simultaneously press Vol+ and Vol- and connect the microUSB cable to device.
* Wait 5 seconds and stop pressing Vol+ and Vol-.

Press any key to continue . . .

Nvflash started
rcm version 0X20001
System Information:
chip name: unknown
chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 3
chip sku: 0xf
chip uid: 0x02884182411fe3d7
macrovision: disabled
hdcp: enabled
sbk burned: false
dk burned: false
boot device: emmc
operating mode: 3
device config strap: 0
device config fuse: 17
sdram config strap: 0

sending file: 0-bct-settings.bct
- 4080/4080 bytes sent
0-bct-settings.bct sent successfully
failed executing command 6 NvError 0x30012
odm data failure NvError 0x0
command failure: bootloader download failed

Flashing completed!

Unplug the USB cable, insert the battery and turn on the device.

Enjoy!

Output from Russ' NVFlash Recovery Flasher:

-------------------------------
Russ' NVFlash Recovery Flasher

1. CWM 4.0.1.5 Internal
2. CWM 4.0.1.5 External
X. Exit

Please pick a recovery, or exit [1,2,X]?1
Attempting to flash internal recovery...
Nvflash started
rcm version 0X20001
System Information:

downloading bootloader -- load address: 0x108000 entry point: 0x108000
sending file: fastboot.bin
data send failed NvError 0x30012

Program will now exit

I also tried initializing the partition layouts and restoring the ICS partitions using the nvflash toolkit for ICS. Every option failed with the same result: failed executing command 6 NvError 0x30012, odm data failure NvError 0x0, command failure: bootloader download failed. Same thing with nvflash-cleaner v0.2.

I'm at a loss here and hoping somebody will try to assist me.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I've tried different USB ports and also uninstalled the APX driver completely (removed files from computer option) several times, to no avail. I am running Windows 7 x64, which of course *could* have something to do with it...

EDIT 2: This turned out to be a hardware issue. Phone has now been serviced and replaced with a refurbished one.

Svein

Last edited:

orbital_71

Apr 22, 2012
I had hoped I wouldn't need to ask for help on this one. I've been trying to repair my Made in Korea P990 now for a couple of days, but none of the information I found is working.

The situation:
- About one week ago, I flashed the V28G_00 leak from LG to my P990. I unpacked the kdz and installed
the AP bin and CP fls files using Smartflash and allowed it to repartition my phone. The ROM worked well
for about one week, then started running extremely hot and I experienced a lot of battery consumption.
- So I did a "factory reset." Oops.
- Following a factory reset, I got stuck in the LG boot logo that several people have mentioned in this forum.
I also couldn't enter the "S/W Upgrade" screen, as the phone didn't react at all to the volume-down and USB
cable song and dance.
- No worries, I figured; I'll just nvflash a new bootloader. So I came to this thread (and found other threads
and followed those as well)
- I have been utterly unable to flash a new bootloader. Every NVflash download out there reports the same thing:
NvError 0x30012 when trying to downlad the new bootloader.

Except once. One one single occasion, using this repair tool from ProgMaq, the entire process seemingly worked. The flash batch script ran from start to end, I got a "S/W Upgrade" screen on the phone while still connected to the computer (in Korean, but I figured I could live with that), and allowed the phone to disconnect itself from the computer (waited for USB disconnect sound) before unplugging it. However, the phone is now stuck in a white LG logo boot loop instead of the pink logo that came with the ICS upgrade.

To sum up: can't get past the LG boot logo. I can enter APX mode just fine. I can't enter ADB mode, for obvious reasons. Every flavor of NVflash fails to install a bootloader. Output from ProgMaq repairer:

ProgMaq LG Optimus 2X (P990) repairer
========================================

* Remove the battery.
* Simultaneously press Vol+ and Vol- and connect the microUSB cable to device.
* Wait 5 seconds and stop pressing Vol+ and Vol-.

Press any key to continue . . .

Nvflash started
rcm version 0X20001
System Information:

sending file: 0-bct-settings.bct
- 4080/4080 bytes sent
0-bct-settings.bct sent successfully
failed executing command 6 NvError 0x30012
odm data failure NvError 0x0

Flashing completed!

Unplug the USB cable, insert the battery and turn on the device.

Enjoy!

Output from Russ' NVFlash Recovery Flasher:

Russ' NVFlash Recovery Flasher

1. CWM 4.0.1.5 Internal
2. CWM 4.0.1.5 External
X. Exit

Please pick a recovery, or exit [1,2,X]?1
Attempting to flash internal recovery...
Nvflash started
rcm version 0X20001
System Information:

downloading bootloader -- load address: 0x108000 entry point: 0x108000
sending file: fastboot.bin
data send failed NvError 0x30012

Program will now exit

I also tried initializing the partition layouts and restoring the ICS partitions using the nvflash toolkit for ICS. Every option failed with the same result: failed executing command 6 NvError 0x30012, odm data failure NvError 0x0, command failure: bootloader download failed. Same thing with nvflash-cleaner v0.2.

I'm at a loss here and hoping somebody will try to assist me.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I've tried different USB ports and also uninstalled the APX driver completely (removed files from computer option) several times, to no avail. I am running Windows 7 x64, which of course *could* have something to do with it...

Svein

Try using homero optic nvflash it might help. Maybe u had a lock bootloader..hope it might help u.

svein01

Oct 24, 2006
Oslo
Try using homero optic nvflash it might help. Maybe u had a lock bootloader..hope it might help u.

Thank you for the suggestion. I had already tried this too (found at http://www.todomovillg.es/elforodehomero/index.php?topic=332.0) but failed to mention that in my original post. I tried it again just now, using a new USB cable (just to be safe), but it did not work.

I think you're right in that I have a locked bootloader. My bad for not rooting the phone and cleaning the phone using CWM or something else instead of doing a factory reset on an ICS leak... So the issue would be replacing a locked bootloader using APX only... :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What makes this tool?

With this tool, you can recover any full brick. Can also be used to solve the problems caused by changing the partition sizes or add / delete these, as it will create new partitions system bringing factory.

I've seen this in this forum, what are the differences?

The main advantage that don't exists in other tool, is that in this case is included factory misc and lgdrg partitions.

Many users who have flashed with nVFlash can see how the /lgdrm is almost empty, while originally came many more files.

These files can not be recovered even installing a full stock.

I also added CWM 6.0.1.5. as a recovery partition.

And the system partition and kernel?

Are also included of course. In this case it is the "CM10 nightly" of November 5, 2012.

Do I need to know more?

To use this tool, you must have installed drivers nVFlash, which of course are included.

Once installed, you only need to click on "flash.bat" and follow the instructions.

Anything missing?

Once complete, the device is ready for operation, but it is recommended to install the latest gapps for "CM10" that have not been included for the same reason they do not come in the CyanogenMod ROM.

Download link?

HERE

Credits

- NVidia for NvFlash tool.
    - CyanogenMod for the best great ROM ;)
    - Paul@modaco for giving first NVflash rom as base to use and learn.
    Nice work you are doing.
    Just wish you would stop putting your own name in credits all the time in every thread you start, it feels arrogant.

Maybe credit Paul@modaco for giving first NVflash rom as base to use and learn.
    I Wanted to resize data and internal, any tool:)

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

You can resize those partitions with this tool ;)

Code:
    [partition]
    name=UDA
    id=16
    type=data
    filesystem_type=ext3
    size=1610612736
    file_system_attribute=0
    partition_attribute=0
    allocation_attribute=8
    percent_reserved=0

Change size of partition UDA (DATA) and the remaining space will be in the internal partition (UDB) without touching anything.
    Nice work you are doing.
    Just wish you would stop putting your own name in credits all the time in every thread you start, it feels arrogant.

Maybe credit Paul@modaco for giving first NVflash rom as base to use and learn.

Sorry harsh, I thought it right, if another user by copying and pasting decided to post it on another forum.
    Hi, may I know what is the difference of having a complete content of lgdram? :)

Not sure, but I think it brings different blob to work with DRM files.