[ROM][OFFICIAL][4.4.2] OmniROM [VZW]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Gandalf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
I'll get this fixed ASAP, working on it right now. Initially removed Loki support from the msm8960-common repository as it was moved to the jflte repository with the unification.

As I have come to find out, the unification process was done half-assed and incomplete, thus leading to these Loki issues.

Some general information for those that experienced the Loki issues:

If you get stuck on the Yellow Triangle screen again (this happened to me hundreds of times):
  • Power off the device (removing the battery is fine)
  • reboot the device directly into recovery
  • wipe system, data, cache, dalvik
  • flash another, LOKI'D ROM, or re-flash the ROM and be sure to flash Loki_Doki
  • If you cannot reboot back into recovery use a tool such as heimdall to flash stock images
  • TriangleAway *should* be able to reset the binary counter back to 0x0, thus removing the Padlock Custom splash screen and restoring the normal splash image
  • FLASH LOKI_DOKI BEFORE BOOTING and you should not have any issues.
  • I have updated all of the device trees and will be having them tested thoroughly before merging anything

I am totally and completely re-doing the entirety of the jflte repositories tonight. hopefully all of these stupid issues will be resolved. A test build will be posted on OmniROM's G+ Community Page when it is available.

I apologize for my absence here, I had to get rid of the device several months ago. I did not request ownership change of this thread because the other jflte maintainers didn't want it, as they were monitoring here, but they have since quit omnirom.

I will be working on the jflte repositories again until a full-time device maintainer is found for omni's jflte support.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences here.

Test build is posted in the OmniROM Google+ Community - Samsung Galaxy S4 Section

Full custom kernel support is back as well ( a user just reported that KToonsez's kernel works

Loki fix is pushed. LokiDoki should no longer be needed, but just keep it in case of a fluke.

Individual variant build will also be stopped ,and only jflte unified will be built once I push the changes. YOU MUST, MUST, MUST CONDUCT A FULL-WIPE WHEN SWITCHING FROM A VARIANT BUILD TO THE UNIFIED BUILD. DO NOT POST ABOUT BUGS IF YOU DIDN'T DO A FULL WIPE/CLEAN INSTALL

Last edited:

Mightycaptain

May 19, 2013
Morganton, NC
While I've moved onto another device recently thought I'd come back and drop this in a thread I still follow. Our own @jakew02 made recognized developer recently. Congratulations. Show the man some love today on his achievement. A lot hours bringing love to us to achieve that. Appreciate you being here Jake.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bobbarker2

Aug 30, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hasn't been much activity here in a bit. Any updates? The JFLTE variant is getting nightlies but the JFLTEVZW build that's linked in OP hasn't gotten one in about a month. Are these two different or should we be using JFLTE?

Gandalf

Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
Hasn't been much activity here in a bit. Any updates? The JFLTE variant is getting nightlies but the JFLTEVZW build that's linked in OP hasn't gotten one in about a month. Are these two different or should we be using JFLTE?

*facepalm*! i could've sworn I fixed that link a while back... thanks

But yes, use jflte from now on :highfive:

bobbarker2

Aug 30, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
*facepalm*! i could've sworn I fixed that link a while back... thanks

But yes, use jflte from now on :highfive:

Yeah I figured as much. I tried the latest nightly from there out to see if custom kernels work on it and still had the screen tearing problem. But that build I tested for you a bit ago you had custom kernels working fine. Should they be working now or are whatever changes you tested not integrated? Thanks jake.

Gandalf

Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
Yeah I figured as much. I tried the latest nightly from there out to see if custom kernels work on it and still had the screen tearing problem. But that build I tested for you a bit ago you had custom kernels working fine. Should they be working now or are whatever changes you tested not integrated? Thanks jake.

Yea I'm working on some stuff but nothing is submitted or on gerrit yet, I've been super busy with school, just finished up midterms week :rolleyes:

i'll just leave this here then..

https://plus.google.com/101979049437785027733/posts/RnEE335YKUk

Last edited:
Reactions: Mistertac
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Om.jpg

What is OmniROM?

OmniROM Gerrit Review

Disclaimer

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

Important Information
    Root access has not been incorporated into the ROM source yet, so you will need to flash SuperSU in recovery SuperSU

For all you Do-It-Yourself-ers, simply follow this guide to initialize a build environment and get your own builds started - OmniROM - Setting Up A Compile Environment

Got a bug report? Want to request a feature?
    jira.omnirom.org

Installation Instructions
    FROM ANOTHER ROMS
    Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    Reboot
    Profit

UPDATE FROM OMNIROM TO NEWER RELEASE
    Settings -> System Updates -> Check for update
    You will NOT need to wipe anything with the delta updates :good:​

Downloads

Contributors/Credit
    • The OmniROM Team - Great devs that have taught me just about everything I know about this stuff in such a short amount of time
    • CyanogenMod
    • ParanoidAndroid for the GApps package
    • @jumoog for working with me on the jf family of devices (MOAR Galaxay S4's to be supported soon!)
    • @SferaDev for ALL the work on adding Samsung RIL support
    • @CNexus for his awesome boot.img tools and helping me out
    • @Evisceration for his insane kernel pwnage
    • Testers
    • And anyone else I apologize I forgot on this list but thank you

Source
    OmniROM Source

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniROM, a ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    jakew02
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Rooted, Custom Recovery
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: -
    Current Beta Version: -

Created 2013-12-05
    Last Updated 2014-05-02
    Doesn't mean you shouldn't post about issues. Just don't complain about them :) also... details details details.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

YES!! haha

we need logcats or we can't see what's going on behind the scenes

i just merged in a LOT of stuff that i'm going to be testing out over the next few day(s) and if all is well it'll be merged in. basically - good proper sources

oh and custom kernels support and hotword detection should be fixed.

Im making absolutely NO promises on that , because heck, it could blow up in my face. who knows, hahah

boot hangs should be fixed, some camera updates, and wifi drivers are updated in next nightly 12/11
    First official OmniROM nightly. The OP has been updated accordingly

Changelog: https://changelog.omnirom.org
    So... I've read the 'this is what custom roms should be' press release three times now, and I still have no idea what differentiates Omni from other ROMs. Is it a custom interpretation of AOSP code, like Cyanogenmod, or features ladled over Cyanogen code, like most other ROMs? Does it offer any of the fiddly knobs of Paranoid Android, or is this going to be a feature-avalance like AOKP or PAC?

I know things are still early days for Omni, but what am I looking forward to when I flash your ROM?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

OmniROM is based on straight AOSP code, if you look in the source on github, you will see that VERY few repositories are actually forked from AOSP at all (put external in the search bar for Omni's public repos). Omni is designed to have many features and options that are all able to be toggled by the user. Omni is about choices, and giving the end-user the choices to make the ROM function the way that THEY want it to. 99% of features added to OmniROM come with a toggle to turn it on or off, hence "choices" :good:

The changelog pretty much gives a breakdown of all the features, because since the first 4.4 build, i did not make any releases until we fixed some major issues. This ROM is just about 100% stable. I say "just about" because if I reported my actual experience, which is literally ZERO issues, on nexus 5 and galaxy s 4, people would hang me and start bombarding me with "well what about this error I have that no one else does".

Best advice, make a backup and flash it. if you don't like it, then just restore your backup. no harm no foul. but i'm willing to bet you stick on this for a bit. There are a ton of features that are unique to OmniROM that other ROMs do NOT have.

also, pretty HUGE status update will be coming tonight (hopefully) as well :rolleyes:;)