[Q] At&T Lg G2 can't access recovery mode

Search This thread

99direwolf

Jul 9, 2014
So I just got a new G2 with at&t that came installed with kitkat (g2 D800.)

Yesterday, the day I got it, there was an OTA to D80020u which had the Knock Code security feature. Anyways I'm trying to root my phone so I can add a volume mode to boost the headset volume levels. I was able to root the device using this method:
[forum won't let me post outside links but it was a andromod website with directions on rooting a g2 D80020u kitkat with IOroot script tested for 25r1 if that helps at all]

So yay its rooted, superuser permission and all. So I go to install the volume mode I was looking into and attempt to restart the phone in recovery mode by holding down the volume down + Power button until LG logo pops up then release and hold again.

Unfortunately now it won't load recovery mode so I'm unable to flash stuff onto the phone (at least to my knowledge). Instead of recovery mode it shows a black screen with white text saying:

[440] Fastboot mode started
[550] ---reset---
[560]---portchange---
[630]---reset---
[640]---portchange---
[740]fastboot:processing commands

and thats hit. It wont do anything while in this mode but I can hold down the Power button and restart the phone and have it boot up like normal and run. I can access download mode by pressing Volume up while device is powered off.

Am I going to have to restock to stock? or is there some easy fix?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Sorry guys, total newb here. I derped pretty hard on this. Rooted the device and didn't install a custom recovery before trying to access recovery mode. Went with Teamwin and everything works as intended. Sorry for the waste of a post.

Last edited: