[LINKS] Nexus One FRF72

Search This thread

Mr Kyle

Apr 19, 2010
Springfield, IL
So i updated to FRF72 yesterday, directly on the phone mind you. D/L directly from googles servers, used astro to rename it to update.zip and moved it to the root of microsd, booted into recovery and ran the update. NO wipe. Booted just fine on first boot and has been humming along sweetly since. Maybe im just one of the lucky ones *shrug*

jmbneaf

Oct 20, 2003
Mtgy-AL, USA
blog.jimsjump.com
I have a similar problem and I am confused as to how some people seem to have root (if they actually do) when using cyanogens rooter on the update. Se

I re-flashed with the 2nd zip and root update.zip from here and everything works now:

http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=65478#post65478

I think that's the same file you used.

I did this and it works wonderfully.

Thanks!
-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

kpjimmy

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio TX
Nothing Phone 1
Google Pixel 7
So i updated to FRF72 yesterday, directly on the phone mind you. D/L directly from googles servers, used astro to rename it to update.zip and moved it to the root of microsd, booted into recovery and ran the update. NO wipe. Booted just fine on first boot and has been humming along sweetly since. Maybe im just one of the lucky ones *shrug*

I did the same thing. No issues here.

Not rooted. Stock setup n1.

pfmiller

May 24, 2010
I've noticed a regression in FRF72. On FRF50 and EPF21B, when the phone was ringing and I pulled it out of the pouch, the ringer automatically silenced. The same behaviour was for a ringing alarm to. However on FRF72, the ringer still rings even after pulling out from pouch.

Can someone else please confirm this?
Just taking the phone out of the pouch doesn't do anything, but what happened is you were probably hitting the volume buttons accidentally while removing the phone. Hitting a volume button while the phone is ringing should silence the ringer, and hitting volume while the alarm is going off snoozes the alarm.

Try again by actually hitting the volume button and see if you have better luck with that.

speedbreaker

Jun 24, 2007
does anyone have issues with the modified flash player that was tinkered by rcxquake to watch hulu? ever since the update to frf 72 the stock browser is not recognizing flash!

Last edited:
I downloaded, installed, played with it un-installed and returned to FRF50. Why you ask?

I have a custom skin that threw my phone out of wack when I tried to use it with FRF72. I also am one of the fortunate people that has google voice and the app was not available for use with the update.

I haven't heard the "benefit" of FRF72 that would make me want to change. If you know the "benefit", let me know.

Last edited:

pvillasuso

Apr 16, 2007
I downloaded, installed, played with it un-installed and returned to FRF50. Why you ask?

I have a custom skin that threw my phone out of wack when I tried to use it with FRF72. I haven't heard the "benefit" of FRF72 that would make me want to change.

If you know the "benefit", let me know.

benefit : better battery , and yes > its faster :cool:

Also ...

You can apply your skins / metamorph , FRF72 was deodex'ed yesterday !

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=706138

post #15

:D

nPHILLY

Oct 4, 2009
Central Fla.
[]
haven't any here. stock N1 , this phone does everything I've ever wanted in a phone. I want louder volume with head phones but not worth rooting just for that.

Last edited:

musashiken

Feb 22, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
OnePlus 5T
Phandroid says the update opens "about 50mb of internal storage". Can anyone confirm this? I cant

Yeah I can't see any increase in internal storage as well.

And tbh, I don't see any difference with FRF50. Battery life seems the same, speed seems the same but maybe the overall UI seems a little smoother.

Oh and the lock screen is slow. I can't slide the lock straight away after waking, have to wait a second before the slide lock responds.

sergey.povzner

May 31, 2010
Bay Area, CA
www.bongizmo.com
Sorry, false alarm.

At first, location refused to work through 2G or 3G despite rebooting, disabling/enabling "use wireless networks" for location, etc. But after I turned on Wi-Fi, location through 2G/3G now works even with Wi-Fi off. Weird.
After reboot, the location issue came back. Location detection through 2G/3G in maps/browser doesn't work with wi-fi and gps disabled. This is the only issue so far, everything else works great.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    md5sum ... someone ?

i haven't found a sum anywhere, does someone have one ? i'd rather not flash an -uh-oh- ;-)