[Q] Extremely bad internet speeds after rooting

Search This thread

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Hello, so basically I have rooted my Speedy from 2.3.4 by using the bootloader unlock method posted by VICODAN in his tutorial but now I find that I am having insanely slow download/upload speeds compared to before rooting.

I have flashed the latest radio after finding THIS thread and I also tried the method from HERE to try and at least boost my speeds. I have also updated my profile and PRL through my Sense rom but nothing seems to help.

If anyone could give me any advice I would greatly appreciated it. I am on MikShifted-G v2.1 running dodgekernal v1.6. Thanks in advance.

I would also like to know if there is any way that I can go back to the stock 2.3.4 GB.

Download speed: 228 kbps
Upload speed: 25 kbps

Last edited:

drob311

Hello, so basically I have rooted my Speedy from 2.3.4 by using the bootloader unlock method posted by VICODAN in his tutorial but now I find that I am having insanely slow download/upload speeds compared to before rooting.

I have flashed the latest radio after finding THIS thread and I also tried the method from HERE to try and at least boost my speeds. I have also updated my profile and PRL through my Sense rom but nothing seems to help.

If anyone could give me any advice I would greatly appreciated it. I am on MikShifted-G v2.1 running dodgekernal v1.6. Thanks in advance.

I would also like to know if there is any way that I can go back to the stock 2.3.4 GB.

Welcome to sprint, the not now, maybe later network... :beer:

Sent from my PG06100

Reactions: -somebody-

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Well I've found that your speeds depend on what time of day it is. I know that's BS, but it's what I've found. Posted some Screen Shots Below of my Speeds.

Attachments

• 2012-05-16_21-27-07.jpg
    2012-05-16_21-27-07.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 189
  • 2012-05-16_21-39-40.jpg
    2012-05-16_21-39-40.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 187

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
You could also try the 3G Turbo Charger. You'll find it on THIS thread. Just make sure to read before installing.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Last edited:

MrLinky

Aug 6, 2011
Maybe you had roaming enabled in your old/stock rom and it's turned off be default in your new rom?

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Well the thing is that I had perfectly fine speeds in my area prior to rooting.

I downloaded the "Network signal speeds booster" and "Fresh netowork booster", both from the play store and I am having almost back to normal speeds now, there was a dramatic increase in speed after I used both of those.

But I have also looked at the 3G Turbo Charger thread that prboy linked and I will definitely be trying that as well

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
I Just noticed this (several months later), but prboy, for your top screenshot you're connected to 4G, and in the bottom you're using 3G? I think in yours specifically it was only the connection you were using and not actually the time of day...

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA premium

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
I Just noticed this (several months later), but prboy, for your top screenshot you're connected to 4G, and in the bottom you're using 3G? I think in yours specifically it was only the connection you were using and not actually the time of day...

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA premium

Well I've actually redone the Tests recently. Certain times of the day in my area must have some Heavy Network Traffic. Because the Network does slow down at the same times daily. But only during the week :confused: . Strangely enough I just noticed that I posted the wrong Screenshot :eek: . Although I do have to admit I'm not exactly a Scientist :p .

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Haha yeah, but thats good to know, and yes, kinda weird that you would get faster speed on weekends :confused: you would think that it would be the other way around.
But anyway, thanks for sharing your results, I've done some tests recently too and they seem to be following a similar pattern...so even though you may not be a scientist, there is some truth to what you said :D

Sent from my PG06100

Last edited:

crhm

Sep 15, 2012
My 3g is really bad and it does not matter what time of day. 4g does not exist here, I am going to try 3g supercharger this weekend and see if I can make some progress.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

crhm

Sep 15, 2012
Tried 3g supercharger without any sucess. Perhaps someday the signal will get better.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda app-developers app

crhm

Sep 15, 2012
I tried to change my prl with qpst, whould not load for me so I guess I am stuck with bad net for a while longer.

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
I tried to change my prl with qpst, whould not load for me so I guess I am stuck with bad net for a while longer.

You can change the PRL without QSPT if your on a Sense Rom. Check out THIS Guide. Just be warned using certain PRL's can get you into issues with Sprint because of constant Roaming. Also you may want to do a search for the latest PRL's, as the ones linked in the post seem to be bit old.

Reactions: crhm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Welcome to sprint, the not now, maybe later network... :beer:

Sent from my PG06100
    Yeah it's really bad from like 5 to 8 PM... You wanna see good 3G speeds, get on there at 3 or 4 AM, crazy good speeds cuz nobody's using the network... Except people like me who set stuff to download before they go to bed LOL
    I've had good results with the 3G TurboCharger. It just took a few tries before I found the correct setting. Downloading the App Speedtest.net will help you dial it in.

You can change the PRL without QSPT if your on a Sense Rom. Check out THIS Guide. Just be warned using certain PRL's can get you into issues with Sprint because of constant Roaming. Also you may want to do a search for the latest PRL's, as the ones linked in the post seem to be bit old.
    You'll also want to try different PRLs in your area to find the best one for you. One will work great in one place but not so well in another.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium