[GUIDE] Increase Speaker/Head Phone Volume

Search This thread

meww

Apr 28, 2009
All credit goes to Meltus from G1 forum. I use this on my G1 and gave it try my transformer and it worked great.

Please make a nandroid backup before you attempt this.
Please place files attached below in same directory as ADB!!!!!

adb remount (sudo adb remount for linux users)
- wait for the 'remount succeeded' message
adb push AudioFilter.csv system/etc
adb push AudioPara4.csv system/etc
adb push AudioPreProcess.csv system/etc

Please find files attached below.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=517745 original thread.

Last edited:

loztboy

Jan 25, 2008
thats great wonder how tinny they ate going to get at full blast after this mod.

mgalyan

Aug 14, 2010
Can't seem to get the adb remount command to work. Says I dont have permission.

avpmusic

Jul 14, 2010
i tried using everyting in the attached zip, but cannot tell a difference.

after i send the files.. is there a setting i have to turn on?
i tried powering off and on my transformer and theres no difference..

so i'm wondering if i am doing anything wrong?

stuntdouble

Apr 1, 2009
Redmi Note 10S
I would assume that as this is dealing with system access you need to be rooted for this to work, so mentioning that in the first post might be advisable. Also, details on what it actually fixes might be nice. If it's just volume levels then this can easily be done with apps from the market. Cheers.

avpmusic

Jul 14, 2010
I would assume that as this is dealing with system access you need to be rooted for this to work, so mentioning that in the first post might be advisable. Also, details on what it actually fixes might be nice. If it's just volume levels then this can easily be done with apps from the market. Cheers.

yes, root is required to push using adb..

meww

Apr 28, 2009
The changes these file should max out the speaker without distorting the speaker. The transformer speakers is horrible. The edited files should max the speaker even though it is horrible. I noticed the difference when I have the head phone plugged.

mattykellyuk

Jul 3, 2010
Tried this and there was the sound of distortion even with no music playing.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All credit goes to Meltus from G1 forum. I use this on my G1 and gave it try my transformer and it worked great.

Please make a nandroid backup before you attempt this.
    Please place files attached below in same directory as ADB!!!!!

adb remount (sudo adb remount for linux users)
    - wait for the 'remount succeeded' message
    adb push AudioFilter.csv system/etc
    adb push AudioPara4.csv system/etc
    adb push AudioPreProcess.csv system/etc

Please find files attached below.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=517745 original thread.
    Can you point me in the right direction for this type of app? I've been looking for something like this. Thanks

As said above, Volume+ is one. Or basically type the word 'volume' into the market and get about 20 apps pop up that will do the same job. There's also one called 'Equalizer'.
    Volume+ increases the volume for me, it's not a massive increase but if you play some music while making the adjustment it is noticeable.
    As said above, Volume+ is one. Or basically type the word 'volume' into the market and get about 20 apps pop up that will do the same job. There's also one called 'Equalizer'.

Equalizer does not change volume but simply change equalization, try something else, don't know volume+, i use voodoo control plus that works great!
    The vert first adjust bar volume you see on voodoo. Set that to 0 db or +5 DB, mke sure the kernel is loaded, you're rooted. And all that good stuff.