[INDEX] Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX Resources and Features Guide [08/18/2012]

Search This thread

marconz

Aug 17, 2012
christchurch
I had to send my Alltel Razr Maxx to Motorola for repair, and it came back with the developer version of the software. What is the difference between this version and the others?

From what i understand from reading up on xda the developer version has the boot loader unlocked

Lucky you :thumbup::D

So you should be able to do "cool ****" like flash gingerbread fastboot, ics fastboot, jb fastboot etc

You have a xt910 right?

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: thesefardi12

d.casper.b

Jan 7, 2009
Cape Town
Xiaomi Poco F1
I must say thank you so much for this thread. I was having the most annoying issue with my phone. I would receive text messages multiple times. One message would come through more than 100 times. I finally decided to flash my phone myself since my network was not assisting me at all. I was able to find South African firmware here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/umts_spyder/list.php and I then flashed from 6.7.3-94_SPI-324 to 6.7.3-94_SPI-328 and It's been about 3 days now, and the issue seems to be gone. :)

CharlesG70

Jun 4, 2010
Toronto
Hi Pedro,
This is awesome.
Can you add the new Latam JB OTA / fastboot files, and the non-ota file.

Thanks, :beer:
CG70

Sent from my RAZR using Tapatalk

goldfinsh

Apr 26, 2010
Hi,
I live in Ottawa and I am on Bell mobility network. I got a Verizon Maxx that is globally unlocked once ICS is installed. The problem I see is two things, the reception is really weak and the wifi although it works, I think it should be better. Is there a way to flash a different Radio on this one. BTW, I got it brand new never used for $150 because the owner thought it is impossible to unlock and use in Canada.

b3rvirus

Jan 15, 2012
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Hello, I have a question.. I have searched, but I'm still not sure..

Does [CDMA] tagged ROM refers to ROM for XT912, and [GSM] tagged ROM refers to ROM only for XT910?
Also there is [spyder][umts_spyder][XT910] or [XT912] tagged ROM, does [XT912] tagged ROMs refers to ROMs for CDMA users only?

What if I have a XT912 and running on GSM provider?
FYI, actually I never use the CDMA network.. I live outside US, and the GSM network are working good here with XT912, which combination of ROM/patches should I use?

Thanks for any help

Last edited:

wk4life

Jan 20, 2010
Hi, i foolishly didn't backup my rom, and i wiped the data while trying to upgrade to jelly bean, i was runinng eclipse 1.5 ICS rom with android version 4.0.4
if i install any other rom, it does not boot completely, it keeps looping at the eclipse animation or aokps or the nexus icon depending on the rom, i use
PLease kindly help out. I want to save my phone.

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
Hi, i foolishly didn't backup my rom, and i wiped the data while trying to upgrade to jelly bean, i was runinng eclipse 1.5 ICS rom with android version 4.0.4
if i install any other rom, it does not boot completely, it keeps looping at the eclipse animation or aokps or the nexus icon depending on the rom, i use
PLease kindly help out. I want to save my phone.

Need more info. Using the right kernel? What are the steps you performed?

Be sure you wipe everything before flashing the Rom and also ist the right recovery like SAFESTRAP or BOOTMENU.

- follow me on Twitter @dtrail1_xda -

wk4life

Jan 20, 2010
Need more info. Using the right kernel? What are the steps you performed?

Be sure you wipe everything before flashing the Rom and also ist the right recovery like SAFESTRAP or BOOTMENU.

- follow me on Twitter @dtrail1_xda -

i think i have worsened the case, i went to flash my boot with one of the roms i got for xt912, but i made a backup on my device, but it is not working. it stop in "AP Fastboot Flash Mode(S) (Boot Failure)"

but i can still boot into the "Boot Mode selection menu" with volume buttons + power button
selecting recovery does not work.

Reactions: k0untr33

henrique.h12

Feb 28, 2008
Barreiras
Hello, I have a question.. I have searched, but I'm still not sure..

Does [CDMA] tagged ROM refers to ROM for XT912, and [GSM] tagged ROM refers to ROM only for XT910?
Also there is [spyder][umts_spyder][XT910] or [XT912] tagged ROM, does [XT912] tagged ROMs refers to ROMs for CDMA users only?

What if I have a XT912 and running on GSM provider?
FYI, actually I never use the CDMA network.. I live outside US, and the GSM network are working good here with XT912, which combination of ROM/patches should I use?

Thanks for any help

I on the same status here man, using the ota update 4.1.2 i have full GSM signal but when i install the last CM RC1 10.1 i cant get signal at all. I thing i need to flash my baseband, any 1 know if this the correctly information? If you can post the link i appreciate ;)

Mountain8x

May 8, 2011
Hi guys.
My XT912 was root. And my Rom stock with Version 98.72.8... and i want update to 98.72.16 but my phone always restart.
I don't know why?
Can I unroot? And how do that.

Thanks reading, my English not good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
Hi guys.
My XT912 was root. And my Rom stock with Version 98.72.8... and i want update to 98.72.16 but my phone always restart.
I don't know why?
Can I unroot? And how do that.

Thanks reading, my English not good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Use RSD to flash the full VZW 16 fastboot.

Edit: I can link the stuff here when back at home.

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 4 Beta

Welcome guide to the Droid Razr/Maxx Development Section.

Here you'll find current resources and features available to your device (If you made something new, please let me know so I can add to OP).

Initial information about your device

1. Motorola Razr and Motorola Razr Maxx (XT910 Model) were named respectively Droid Razr and Droid Razr Maxx (XT912 Model) by Verizon. (I'll call it just Razr)
Both devices shares same hardware, except the radio driver/kernel, which is CDMA/LTE for Verizon version (XT912) and GSM/UMTS for International version (XT910).
This means you can only flash a ROM (custom or stock) that has being build to your Razr baseband. (Bellow you'll find a link to use CMDA custom ROMs over the GSM version)

2. All the Razr variants have a forever locked bootloader. (There's a developer version not covered here)
This means you can only flash official ROMs and use a limitated number of things. Untill a hack called kexec be released which will bypass the bootloader and let you flash a custom kernel enabling other features.

3. All the devices are divided by regions.
This means you can only flash a stock ROM designated for your Razr region.
Common Regions are: Latam (Latim America 'n Canada) - Europe - Asia - PSHAsia - ME - China - Korea - Japan(*)

Warning: By flashing a ROM or rooting your Razr voids Motorola Warranty Terms. Even if you flash the same rom your Razr came with.

Europe, Asia, PSHAsia and ME shares same region signature verification (ODD: you can flash any of the ROMs between it)

You'll find more information about ROMs in THIS THREAD.

*Note:Other variants of the Motorola Razr can't be covered on this guide because we don't have nothing specific to it on XDA - If you have something, let me know.
**Every region have also some subdivisions which is not covered on this Index because we don't have any specific work on XDA to it.

LATEST FIRMWARES (SBF Developers)

ICS 4.0.4
XT912 Verizon

Latam XT910
Final Latam Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 [RSD Lite] 672.180.350
Brasil Vivo OTA
Canada Rogers
Canada Fido

Europe XT910
[OTA] 672.180.41.XT910.NonEFIGSRetail.en.EU
[OTA] 672.180.41.XT910.Retail.en.EU
Final ICS Retail British firmware

Asia - PSHAsia - ME XT910
[OTA][ICS] 673.94.328.XT910.AsiaRetail.en.03 & 673.94.328.XT910.PSHAsiaRetail.en.03

China XT910
[ROM][GSM][China][XT910] Official Chinese Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 [RSD Lite]
OTA update - 67.213.6.XT910.ChinaRetail.en.CN

GB 2.3.6
Verizon XT912

Latam XT910
Brasil Retail
Canada Fido - rogers

Korea XT910k; XT910S
Korea XT910k; XT910S

ROOT
Razr/Maxx XT910/XT912
Ice Cream Sandwich EasyRootICS
Gigerbread Motofail

Razr/Maxx XT912 (Matt Droid Razr Utility)
Ice Cream Sandwich

RECOVERY
Ice Cream Sandwich - Bootmenu Recovery (XT910/XT912)
ICS Safestrap 3 to XT910/912.
GingerBread - Bootstrap Recovery (XT910)
GingerBread - Safestrap Recovery (XT912)

HACKS / MODS / TWEAKS / Tutorials

- GSM Patch for CDMA ROMs
- Factory Cable / Unbrick
- [KERNEL][GSM/CDMA][ICS] Extra modules pack v0.1.3
- [GSM]Toggle menu + 1%battery + power menu + No CARRIERNAME
- [HACK][3G][GSM]: Faster cellular data speed
- [Radio][GSM] UPGRADING RADIO
- Bootmenu - Ice Cream Sandwich Recovery
- Bootloader bypass - kexec news
- [GSM/CDMA] EternityProject's RSD Alternative for flashing OFFICIAL Motorola ROMs
- Motorola Tools - Using RSD Lite
- Interesting GUI tool for root/unroot Razr
- How to Setup Safestrap 2 to get KeXec started (XT910 / XT912)
- GPS/Radio Update to [OTA]672.180.41.XT910.NonEFIGSRetail.en.EU

CUSTOM ROMS

(Remember: CDMA and GSM ROMs are especific for each Razr version, if you wanna install a CDMA ROM to your GSM Razr ask developer if the GSM patch for CDMAs ROMs will work).

[GSM] cm9 SVN 1.0
[GSM] CM10-dev unoffical by wanggjghost
[GSM] Razr Android 4.0.4 ICS Official MIUI
[GSM] FTS V3.0 BETA 1.1 [Online]
[GSM] cm9 unofficial 08/07/2012 - installation details + gApps linked
[GSM] Port of "Arctic ICS from XT912" to XT910 Retail.en.EU
[GSM] MagicMod-ICS-Experimental
[CDMA] Eclipse Razr ICS v1.2 - CDMA
[CDMA] CM10 Paranoid Android Razr Maxx CDMA
[CDMA] Koa Aokp Milestone 6 FINAL BUILD
[CDMA] Black Widow Ics-6.16.214.spyder.deodex.final
[CDMA] Flick
[CDMA] [Motoblur] iKReaM.ICS.6.16.2.15.ROM.v2.8-R3Ds
[CDMA] CM10 Paranoid Android Razr Maxx
[CDMA][KEXEC][XT912/CDMA] Jekyll CM9
Notes:

• If I let something you think should be here, let me know.
  • If you like my thread, hit thanks button.
  • If you like any of the devs work, please, make then a donation.
  • If you mess your device doing something indexed here, please, blame yourself.
  • If you like pizza do pizza hut.

I'll add stuff here and there so, I probably forgot something. If you wanna help, let me know what it is.

Cheers

NEED HELP TO UNBRICK XT908
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=43682379

Top Liked Posts