HTC One X stuck in airplane mode and no imei.....

Search This thread

LarsF-K_Sweden

Jul 18, 2014
Airplane mode stuck, strange solution.

Htc 1 x :This is what I did to fix it, after days with no signal and an Airplane Mode that was on and shutting off at the same time.
1. I got Airplane mode to off from the phones onbutton, from settings it said "shutting off", made sure that no wifi or mobile data was on
2. I pulled the simcard half way up.
3. Restarted the phone with the simcard that way by pressing the phones onbutton for 10 secs.
4. After rebooting Airplane mode was 100% OFF..yihaaa.Then I pushed the simcard down and put mobile data to "ON".
5. Working!

LarsF-K_Sweden

Jul 18, 2014
Off again

Htc 1 x :This is what I did to fix it, after days with no signal and an Airplane Mode that was on and shutting off at the same time.
1. I got Airplane mode to off from the phones onbutton, from settings it said "shutting off", made sure that no wifi or mobile data was on
2. I pulled the simcard half way up.
3. Restarted the phone with the simcard that way by pressing the phones onbutton for 10 secs.
4. After rebooting Airplane mode was 100% OFF..yihaaa.Then I pushed the simcard down and put mobile data to "ON".
5. Working!

...well it started again now I turned whatever I could to OFF in my settings and got it back on again after restarting.

Is there a good antivirus for Android you think? :confused:

LarsF-K_Sweden

Jul 18, 2014
...well it started again now I turned whatever I could to OFF in my settings and got it back on again after restarting.

Is there a good antivirus for Android you think? :confused:

After hard reset and viruscheck...

Third solution: As the glass is broken i figured some connector might be broken so during a restatart I pressed the glass hard downwards and guess what?:rolleyes:
Now it starts up as usual.

hawkinau

Nov 28, 2009
Stuck in Airplane mode

Well I had my One X stuck in Airplane mode for about 5 months, initially after I couldn't get it off and there was mostly guess work on most forums, like try this and try that etc, I tried all the supposed solutions but none worked so I bought another phone but every now and then I'd have another crack at the One X to try to figure out how to fix it.
Today was the day, after a lot of trying this and that once again I ran a Super Wipe Script, put Renovate Final 4 Rom in the root directory of the phone, went into the recovery wiped everything and reset it to factory default, went into Advanced/Mounts and Storage unmounted everything ( cache, data, system, formatted cache, data and system then remounted everything again, manually flashed the Renovate final 4 kernel ( I'm unlocked S On) installed the Renovate final 4 Rom and to my surprise it booted into set-up and when finished I was on the net, unbelievable.
I probably had a bit of over kill with what I did and don't know how much of it was necessary but I was desperate and had nothing to lose cos if I didn't fix it this time the phone was going to be a bin job.
So if u have one of these (bricks) all is not lost and it can be fixed
I hope this helps somebody out there with the same problem
:laugh: :fingers-crossed:

typhoonn

Feb 16, 2009
helo i need some help about htc one x ni imei

helo i need some help about htc one x no imei,,,

:\fastboot>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5a
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.72.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 5.1204.167.31
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.18.401.4
(bootloader) serialno: HT24DW111474
(bootloader) imei: 359188049715378
(bootloader) product: endeavoru
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-T30S
(bootloader) modelid: PJ4610000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__Y13
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4162mV
(bootloader) devpower: 100
(bootloader) partition-layout: None
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: None
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 2
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.828s

:\fastboot>fastboot flash boot b
ending 'boot' (8192 KB)...
KAY [ 1.063s]
riting 'boot'...
AILED (remote: not allowed)
inished. total time: 1.266s

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

any help please

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
helo i need some help about htc one x no imei,,,

:\fastboot>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5a
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.72.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 5.1204.167.31
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.18.401.4
(bootloader) serialno: HT24DW111474
(bootloader) imei: 359188049715378
(bootloader) product: endeavoru
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-T30S
(bootloader) modelid: PJ4610000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__Y13
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4162mV
(bootloader) devpower: 100
(bootloader) partition-layout: None
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: None
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 2
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.828s

:\fastboot>fastboot flash boot b
ending 'boot' (8192 KB)...
KAY [ 1.063s]
riting 'boot'...
AILED (remote: not allowed)
inished. total time: 1.266s

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

any help please

restore stock rom and see if this help

chelomrc

Sep 19, 2010
Help!!

Well I had my One X stuck in Airplane mode for about 5 months, initially after I couldn't get it off and there was mostly guess work on most forums, like try this and try that etc, I tried all the supposed solutions but none worked so I bought another phone but every now and then I'd have another crack at the One X to try to figure out how to fix it.
Today was the day, after a lot of trying this and that once again I ran a Super Wipe Script, put Renovate Final 4 Rom in the root directory of the phone, went into the recovery wiped everything and reset it to factory default, went into Advanced/Mounts and Storage unmounted everything ( cache, data, system, formatted cache, data and system then remounted everything again, manually flashed the Renovate final 4 kernel ( I'm unlocked S On) installed the Renovate final 4 Rom and to my surprise it booted into set-up and when finished I was on the net, unbelievable.
I probably had a bit of over kill with what I did and don't know how much of it was necessary but I was desperate and had nothing to lose cos if I didn't fix it this time the phone was going to be a bin job.

I have now the same problem with my htc one x, please give to me the links of the rom that you used, and of Super Wipe Script.

Thank you very much.

amnonh

Dec 8, 2014
it helped thx.

Switch the power off and hold the power and volume down button for a few seconds until the soft touch keys (bottom three) flash a few times. I had this once and couldn't get it to work until i simulated a 'battery pull', which the above action imitates.

Hope it fixes this issue.
i had the same problem and simulate 'battery pull' helped.
thx a lot, i lost without my HTC.:)

Luza03

Dec 19, 2014

please could you detail better? step by step
I'm having the same problem for a long time
thanks

YPG&YPJ

Apr 2, 2015
The solution

Hello people,

I had this extremely annoying problem and tried nearly every rational or irrational so-called "solution" (flashing custom roms, restoring nandroid backups, meddling with kernels, pressing and holding the power button for ten seconds, etc.) to no avail.

I think this solution is the only definitive one and I've stumbled upon it by mistake while I was looking at the mainboard circuitry to figure out whether something was off and then realized that one of the antenna right below the micro usb port was broken. Since I previously had opened my phone up to fix the wi-fi issue and for a battery replacement, I cannot account for how the antenna broke but I do know now that the problem is due to lack of contact between the antenna and the little plate in the back cover (similar to the wi-fi problem explained in length here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688538) and it's probably what is happening to most of you who has been unable to fix the issue with a simple kernel flash.

QUICK NOTE: This fix involves minor repair; you will have to open the back cover and possibly do some soldering (you do not even need to unscrew anything).

Here is what you need to do:

1. Remove the back cover (it can be tricky the fist time, there are tons of tutorials on youtube)
2. Locate the antenna right below the micro usb port on the mainboard (I am talking about the ones mentioned here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130751)
3. Check if they are intact; if so, try to lift them softly so that they will contact the plate corresponding to them on the back cover (the vertical, rectangular gold plate).
4. If they are not intact or if you want a more permanent fix or just like soldering stuff, apply solder. Again, the main idea is to have them contact the plate, you can get creative if you want.
5. Put the phone back together and jump in the air.

Conclusion: In my case (and I suspect in many others'), the issue was the antenna which is probably for DLNA. I have read so many threads and it appears even the HTC repair people are unaware of this fix and opt for replacing the entire mainboard. This is a relatively easy and cheap fix and I hope it helps others.

Cheers!
---------IMPORTANT UPDATE---------
The problem turned out to be about the flex cable that connects the mainboard to the docking board/network board. It had come loose due to broken gate; I am now certain that the problem was due to that. Again, this issue is a hardware problem and has to do with a loose flex cable.

Sorry for the previous misleading guide. Bu this IS still hardware related :)

Last edited:

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
Hello people,

I had this extremely annoying problem and tried nearly every rational or irrational so-called "solution" (flashing custom roms, restoring nandroid backups, meddling with kernels, pressing and holding the power button for ten seconds, etc.) to no avail.

I think this solution is the only definitive one and I've stumbled upon it by mistake while I was looking at the mainboard circuitry to figure out whether something was off and then realized that one of the antenna right below the micro usb port was broken. Since I previously had opened my phone up to fix the wi-fi issue and for a battery replacement, I cannot account for how the antenna broke but I do know now that the problem is due to lack of contact between the antenna and the little plate in the back cover (similar to the wi-fi problem explained in length here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688538) and it's probably what is happening to most of you who has been unable to fix the issue with a simple kernel flash.

QUICK NOTE: This fix involves minor repair; you will have to open the back cover and possibly do some soldering (you do not even need to unscrew anything).

Here is what you need to do:

1. Remove the back cover (it can be tricky the fist time, there are tons of tutorials on youtube)
2. Locate the antenna right below the micro usb port on the mainboard (I am talking about the ones mentioned here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130751)
3. Check if they are intact; if so, try to lift them softly so that they will contact the plate corresponding to them on the back cover (the vertical, rectangular gold plate).
4. If they are not intact or if you want a more permanent fix or just like soldering stuff, apply solder. Again, the main idea is to have them contact the plate, you can get creative if you want.
5. Put the phone back together and jump in the air.

Conclusion: In my case (and I suspect in many others'), the issue was the antenna which is probably for DLNA. I have read so many threads and it appears even the HTC repair people are unaware of this fix and opt for replacing the entire mainboard. This is a relatively easy and cheap fix and I hope it helps others.

Cheers!

The missing IMEI is not the hardware problem the IMEI is stored on the chip not on the plate ot on in the antena and the airplane mode is on because of the missing IMEI

YPG&YPJ

Apr 2, 2015
The missing IMEI is not the hardware problem the IMEI is stored on the chip not on the plate ot on in the antena and the airplane mode is on because of the missing IMEI

Well, that might be true but in this case, people aren't actually missing their IMEI because it shows up when you do a getvar check in the fastboot mode. Considering the fact that some people were able to temporarily fix this problem by firmly pressing on the screen hard and that HTC One X is infamous for its design flaws regarding the antennae and plates on the backcover (especially the Wi-Fi issue) AND that I was able to fix my phone which had all the symptoms described by others this way without changing its software is PROOF that this fix works. Your reply is just speculation.

I strongly urge others who do not want to or who are unable to spend hundreds of dollars for a mainboard replacement to try this method. I tried it more than once (did a sloppy solder job the first time), it certainly WORKS.

praveen15592

May 25, 2015
Htc one x airplane mode not turning off problem

Solved! My problem was the boot.img I flashed boot.img for ARHD 13 before and that was the reason. So after flashing boot.img for 15.0 all is OK.

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Bakert12, try flashing hboot 1.31, unlock your bootloader, flash clockworkmod recovery, install previously downloaded and copyed to the SD card Android revolution HD 15.0 zip file from the recovery and finally flash boot.img for ARHD15.0 via fastboot. I think you have my problem, no matter how it happend :)

I am also facing the same problem what you guys are talking and I didn't root my phone or installed any custom rom.. You told we have to flash boot.img... Can you please explain me how to do that... Because I am new to this flashing things...

akustycznie

Jul 11, 2015
Hi.

I have this same problem. I tried to flash boot from previous version and it's worked - I saw IMEI and do a call, but after restart the phone the problem is still exist. What can I do restore my HOX to full working? (I'm sorry for my english).

Edit:
I noticed that the phone after restart starts working properly after 30 minutes - 1 hour. Then airplane mode it's turned off and I can do a call. Is any solutions to do it faster?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solved! My problem was the boot.img I flashed boot.img for ARHD 13 before and that was the reason. So after flashing boot.img for 15.0 all is OK.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Bakert12, try flashing hboot 1.31, unlock your bootloader, flash clockworkmod recovery, install previously downloaded and copyed to the SD card Android revolution HD 15.0 zip file from the recovery and finally flash boot.img for ARHD15.0 via fastboot. I think you have my problem, no matter how it happend :)

Possible Solution to HTC One X Airplane Mode not turning off issue

Hello,

I was able to solve this issue. Well, I am not sure if the same solution will work for others with the same issue. But, its worth trying. Let me share my experience with this problem.

I bought HTC One X in April 2012. I really love this mobile. It was working just great. Also, a few months back, I was promoted to update the software to Android 4.1.1. I updated it. Everything was working just fine even after the update. I never have installed any custom roms or any other stuffs other than downloading and installing applications and games from Google Play. After 1 year from Purchase, in the first week of April 2013 (last month), this issue started to appear. Whatever I do, the option was stuck at "Airplane Mode Turning off". This really broke my heart. And, unfortunately, my warranty had expired. Since I was not having much time to spend on this issue, I took the mobile to the nearest HTC One X Authorized service center. They tried to troubleshoot the issue for few days. Then, they gave up and send it to main HTC service center to get the Motherboard checked. Again after few days, the main service center send the mobile back to this local authorized service center saying there is no issues with Hardware or the Motherboard.

Now, almost 2 weeks had passed away. The local service center told me that they can fix the issue and also informed me about the cost. The cost was too high. Around $250. I don't know if they had a solution or not. After thinking for a day, I decided that I will NOT pay for this issue and got back the mobile so that I can try and fix the issue.

Then, I took some timeout from my job and started reading xda-developers' forum for this issue and how some people had tried to troubleshoot this issue. There were many simple solutions, but, never worked for me. Then, I downloaded the stock nandroid backup of ICS, stock boot.img and stock recovery.img and install it. However, even this too did not solve the issue. And, I kept reading more on this issue on many website forums. Somewhere, I read that flashing stock kernel modules solve the issue. Then, I searched for the file and got it. Then, I flashed the stock kernel modules for HTC One X and installed the nandroid backup. After the first reboot, the issue remained. Many people have informed that restarting the mobile solved this issue. When you press and hold power button for few seconds, 3 options will appear - "Power off", "Airplane Mode", "Restart". Generally, when you have this issue, you will see "Airplane mode is On" in these above options. I use to click on "Airplane Mode" to turn it off. Then see if it works. It never use to work like this. Hence, this time, even though the option was still saying "Airplane Mode is On", I selected "Restart" option and restarted the mobile. Guess What? It worked.

Let me give you the steps that I used to solve this issue. But, not sure if it will help others. However worth trying out, I guess.

NOTE: I am not giving you the exact step by step instructions. But, I am just giving you the summary of each step.

1. Download stock nandroid backup for your mobile with stock boot.img and stock recovery.img. You should download the correct versions based on you Mobile's CID. I think CID number is different for different regions around the world.
    2. Download the stock Kernel modules.
    3. Transfer nandroid backup and kernel modules to the mobile root folder.
    4. Reboot the mobile into Fastboot and flash recovery.img (I think i used a custom recovery)
    4. Reboot the mobile into HBOOT --> Recovery
    5. Flash the kernel Modules (select "install from zip" option and select the kernel modules zip file).
    4. Reboot the mobile into Fastboot.
    6. Flash boot.img.
    7. Reboot into recovery and restore the nandroid backup.
    8. Reboot the mobile.
    9. First time after the reboot, if you still see the issue, just press and hold Power button until you get the 3 options.
    10. Select "Restart" and restart the mobile

If you are lucky, this should solve the issue. And, I believe this is NOT a Hardware issue. I think its a bug with software update as many have pointed out in this forum.

Again, please note that the above solution may not solve the issue for some people. But, I feel its worth trying.

Now, I am very happy that my HTC One X is working fine. Its been 5 days since this issue is solved. So far, no issues.

Hope this helps somebody.

Some Links:

Stock Nandroid Bankups:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1975140

Stock Kernel files:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26988437

(I am not sure if I used the files present in the above link for stock kernel files. I have lost the link from where I downloaded the files)

You can get most of the help from the following link along with proper files to download:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1832891

Regards,
    Harish
    My friend gave his one x to fix it for him. The problem is that the phone is stuck in airplane mode but in status bar it doesnt show an airplane.... It shows empty signal bar with an x as if theres no service......and when i try turn it off it says it stucks at turning off , leave it for hours and it will still be the same..... I tried rebooting the phone, factory reset, installed custom rom, RUU and i did all kinds of wipe and format in cwm and still the same. I have searched a lot about this i found some people with the same situation but i didnt find any solution installing other roms and kernels does not fix the problem...... I want to know if this is a hardware issue or software issue which i think it is..... And if theres a solution for it.....

Thank You.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Switch the power off and hold the power and volume down button for a few seconds until the soft touch keys (bottom three) flash a few times. I had this once and couldn't get it to work until i simulated a 'battery pull', which the above action imitates.

Hope it fixes this issue.
    Never heard about this on HTC... Samsung got these problems - there it is related to corrupted EFS folder.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    Boot.img is in the zip of the ROM, extract it from there and flash via fastboot

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium