I'm either ready to flash...or Im headed for disaster..Lend a hand please!

Search This thread
Feb 11, 2014
Chicago
So I apologize if Im posting in the wrong spot but I noticed yall are still working on the F6...so I figured this made sense...

I thought I knew exactly what I wasdoing but did not....I was lucky enough to find patience enough to read up before flashing...I see the threads posted on how to root, backup, and restore this phone...but all those threads explain it using so0ftware other than I have... Since I made some moves before truly knowing what I was doing...I'd like to just stick wiith what i got for the moment and see if yall, as the experts can guide me down the runway...

Heres What I have so far:

1. I DO have root access
2. I DO have SuperSU and it seems to be working in the sense that it keeps logs...but sometimes it gives me a binary error. (I have NOT et converted SuperSU into a system app...bc im unclear if its necessary after reading a few different threads)
3. I DO have Root Browser' which I use to shuffle things around. (I DO have the /system and /data folders relocated on my external SD)
4. I DO have Titanium Backup which I used to BU my USER APPS/SYSTEM DATA.
5. I DO have Flashify which I also used to BU my STOCK RECOVERY/KERNEL (I cant seem to figure out where that recovery is being default stored though...Ive been searching high and low.

NOTE: Although im happy I have made it this far...I dont wanna go any further until I know exactly what im doing. I fear that I have missed something small. Something that would be a no brainer to you experts.

I'm unclear of storage requirements...I BELIEVE that I must store all my rooted tools on the external bc the goal is to wipe everything NOT on ext SD.

What I THINK I know is that hypothetically since im backed up...or when im 100% certain everything is....I can just click REBOOT TO RECOVERY MODE under the menu using Titanium.
IF I happen to be correct up to that point....I think my next move is using Titanium to put back the things ive stored on my SD.
In my mind that leaves me with the same ROM...but without the fluff...and now the ability to save to ext SD.....
If I underestand right....currently there are no MOD upgrades available due to difficulty of unlocking the bootlag....or something that sounds likethat...

I have ZERO experience with any of this....I hope what I just shared is at least in the ballpark of the right direction..

THANK YOU for any and all help!

I

On a mission to take my LGF6 and make a man outta it!

bobs158

Feb 17, 2014
Gold Coast
firstly go into recovery (cwm or twrp) and go to "back up" and make a back up. second go to wipe and wipe cache then wipe dalvic cache (if your using cmw you will have to go to advanced on the home screen to wipe dalvic cache)
third go back to wipe and wipe system, after that wipe the cache and dalvic cache just like before
And for the final stage go to install, find the rom you want (will be a zip file) and then flash it, when done wipe cache and dalvic cache one more time then reboot
And bam you should have you new custom rom (you dont have to keep wiping the cache and dalvic cache but its recomended) :)