[Q] Which jtag/usb jig does work on a Nexus 5

Search This thread

lennox.xonnel

Mar 4, 2014
I bought my Nexus 5 just a couple of weeks ago and yesterday it bricked all of a sudden. The phone isn't rooted and/or modded.
I'm going to send it back and receive a new one but I'd really like to see if I can unbrick it on my own (assuming the problem isn't hardware).

Is there a jtag/usb jig that works for the Nexus 5?

Thank you

AlderCass

Jan 27, 2013
Cork
www.aldercass.com
Is it a hard brick? I'd be surprised if it was since you haven't so much as rooted it. Are you able to boot into the bootloader by holding down the volume down key when powering on?

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
It is a hard brick. The emmc died on the phone. As far as I know there is no jig for nexus 5. There is a service cable for nexus 5 but it is useless without the lg programmes and files, and even with that you cannot unbruck your phone because the flash chip died (emmc)

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

lennox.xonnel

Mar 4, 2014
It's absolutely a hard brick. I cannot turn it on in any mode. Plugging in the a/c doesn't do anything. I left there charging the whole night without any luck. I tried to power it on with all the possible combos.

When I send it back will they wipe it or they will try to recover my data? Is it better to change all my passwords?

jabza

Aug 20, 2012
It's absolutely a hard brick. I cannot turn it on in any mode. Plugging in the a/c doesn't do anything. I left there charging the whole night without any luck. I tried to power it on with all the possible combos.

When I send it back will they wipe it or they will try to recover my data? Is it better to change all my passwords?

If you can't even turn it on, it's almost definitely a hardware fault and you should send it back to Google. Most likely, they'll send you a new phone and either throw away the one you sent them or replace the internals, which means your data will be gone. If you're concerned, you can change your passwords, but there's almost no chance of the (inaccessible) data from your phone posing a security threat.