HELP BRICKED LG e739 MyTouch

Search This thread

Enigma000

Apr 4, 2012
Hi there, I NEED URGENT HELP!

I bricked my e739, and I am running out of the options. All I see is the LG logo, I can not access my recovery mode, I tried numerous times (and before i succeed now the logo doesn't even blink it stays the same) hard reset...nothing, tried adb recovery (does not see the device).

So here is the story, I successfully updated my ROM to e739 Nightly 6. After using it for a bit, I decided to go back to stock, and just wait until all bugs are worked out. So i tried to go back to my backup that I made of stock, but no dice it got me in recovery loop, after that I tried to go factory reset, nothing. I couldn't find any way to go back to stock, so I made it my mission to reset the phone. Here where I F@cked up, I read that using e730 (older) rom will let me out this loop and allow me to get back to the stock. So here are my steps of mischief: installed Nightly ROM 12 for e730-> then I flashed the device to LG optimus Black (dont ask why...I realize it is stupid) -> and through privacy setting clicked for factory reset. Now I am in this bootloop.

I will take any suggestions please help, it really sucks in the stone age, with edge speeds.

bmg1001

Mar 18, 2012
Los Angeles
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7

I bricked my e739, and I am running out of the options. All I see is the LG logo, I can not access my recovery mode, I tried numerous times (and before i succeed now the logo doesn't even blink it stays the same) hard reset...nothing, tried adb recovery (does not see the device).

So here is the story, I successfully updated my ROM to e739 Nightly 6. After using it for a bit, I decided to go back to stock, and just wait until all bugs are worked out. So i tried to go back to my backup that I made of stock, but no dice it got me in recovery loop, after that I tried to go factory reset, nothing. I couldn't find any way to go back to stock, so I made it my mission to reset the phone. Here where I F@cked up, I read that using e730 (older) rom will let me out this loop and allow me to get back to the stock. So here are my steps of mischief: installed Nightly ROM 12 for e730-> then I flashed the device to LG optimus Black (dont ask why...I realize it is stupid) -> and through privacy setting clicked for factory reset. Now I am in this bootloop.

I will take any suggestions please help, it really sucks in the stone age, with edge speeds.

Hold Power and Volume Down, then after 3 seconds hold Menu and Back (not home) and when the LG logo pops up, release the Power button but keep holding Vol-, Menu, and Back.
It may take some try a to get it right.
Sent from my Creamed Glacier

Last edited:
Reactions: yotorogo

Enigma000

Apr 4, 2012
This sounds like it might work, but O got another tiny bit of problem, I been trying to reset it so many time the phone wont turn on anymore unless it is plugged into power source. I am not sure what to do now. I want try to hard reset your way but I can get the phone to respond anyway unless it is plugged in.

medicjunKie

Mar 3, 2012
Well plug it in lol
I've had several bootloops myself trying to get to stock, but i always got to acces recovery and flash CM again. And now that tthe RC was released, i don't see why i should return to stock.

deziguy420

May 5, 2010

1) Pull the battery out
2) plug ur phone to a computer (on the screen you should see a battery icon indicating the phone is charging)
3) locate your adb folder in my case it's c:\adb once your in there write adb reboot recovery...that should get you to the recovery....
good luck..

Reactions: the-Mike_D

bmg1001

Mar 18, 2012
Los Angeles
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
1) Pull the battery out
2) plug ur phone to a computer (on the screen you should see a battery icon indicating the phone is charging)
3) locate your adb folder in my case it's c:\adb once your in there write adb reboot recovery...that should get you to the recovery....
good luck..

He might not have ADB installed though

Sent from my LG-E739 using XDA

jzheflin

Nov 23, 2013
HELP?!!?

ok so i am running a unofficial cm 10.1 on my mytouch 4g e739 and i need to return to stock but i cant find the stock rom online.. can someone plz help me i accidentally deleted my stock but i need this all the links online are either broken or out dated so they dont work plz help. i have literally been lookin for days i love my current rom and am going to return to it but need the stock just incase something happens id build my own but idk how... so once again someone plz help me as soon as you can

javais

Aug 22, 2014

Hello, I have been having some issues with my LG E739[KW], the device was working properly. I rooted install CLOCKWORK custom recovery. After that I installed, CM9 then later CM7, the CM7 worked okay but i opted to revert to Stock So I used the LG SUPPORT TOOL to flash back to stock ROM. however after having done so the phone has been stuck in boot loop ever since. After flashing the stock ROM the phone never made it past the boot screen, and when I remove the Battery reinsert it and try to turn the phone on I get the S/W update screen. Where I have to flash it again for the phone to boot only to be stuck at the boot animation. I have also tried flashing it VIA the KDZ method but its the same result. Please Help !!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hold Power and Volume Down, then after 3 seconds hold Menu and Back (not home) and when the LG logo pops up, release the Power button but keep holding Vol-, Menu, and Back.
    It may take some try a to get it right.
    Sent from my Creamed Glacier

1) Pull the battery out
    good luck..