Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
X-Note build 18.0 N9005-NF4

OFFICIAL DISCUSSION BOARD

FOLLOW X-NOTE RULES

ORIGINAL DEV THREAD X-NOTE

X-NOTE ROM UPDATES VIA OTA LINK

Guys,

I am please to create this Discussion thread of X-NOTE ROM .

We have done enough discussion about The ROM in DEV thread which is suppose to be made for Dev discussion only.

Please Feel free to discuss about the X-NOTE ROM. Please Don't Spam in this thread.

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

Disclaimer :
Devs of this Rom are NOT responsible for any damage to your device.
The installation of the ROM is at your own risk.
However, the flash procedure is always performed
at least three times with a day of testing.
FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED in X-Note Thread.

ROM version: X-Note build 18.0 N9005-NF3

SUPREME CHANGELOG

Based on samsumg firmware ND5 modified to have region free
moved lots of application in /data partition to have more free space in system (do a wipe data before install as written in instructions)
allowed installation of thirdy part apk from first boot
added the new circle system ui theme selectable with xnote app
reintroduced home button in status bar with ability to choose position (xnote app)
reintroduced status bar color & transparency selection (Xnote app)
Added new shoot-it toggle that launch the great @dr.ketan apps (included):

-single tap>take a silent camera shot
-longpress>take a shot with autoflash
changed system ui switching method
added keyboard switching method, select your theme via x-note app and your phone will autoreboot with the new theme (10 themes available):
-black
-grey
-samsung stock
-white
-leather blue
-leather black
-leather brown
-leather gray
-leather red
-leather brown premium
all backup switching files (systemUI & keyboards) are automatically stored in internal sdcard in a new folder called xnote (don't delete)
video gallery replaced with the GS5 one (already multi dpi)
Scrapbook replaced with the GS5 one
one hand feature from galaxy s5 modded (replaced recent button with menu button) with favourite app list and contacts shorcuts
added x-note default tw theme as workarond for missed S-Note icon with s5 tw launcher
s5 launcher modded multi dpi 5x4 home grid, 9 home screens, 5x6 app drawer, tw themes enabled and compatible with standard launcher too (select your theme using x-note app)... credits @Arsaw for the ported base app (all added into aroma, standard tw launcher available as always)
two new tw launcher themes included in the rom:
gold theme
moonshine theme
s5 wallpaper chooser available if you select s5 tw launcher in aroma + pull up apk to allow note 3 my magazine launch from homescreen credits @fakejap devs
s5 splanner multi dpi ready + themed (aroma)
s5 my files multi dpi ready + themed (aroma)
s5 meteo widget multi dpi ready (aroma)
s5 air wake up function (x-note app - experimental) to wake the device with a air gesture (see the instructions on screen
9 keyboard themes (aroma) the leather texture was restyled for a premium feel:
black
grey
samsung stock
white
leather blue
leather brown
leather gray
leather red
leather brown premium
restyled bootanimation by @meawww (thanks my friend)
viper for android updated
almost all apps updated
moved more app in /data to have more space in /system
reworked system ui - new x-note toggle (available in settings to allow order selection):
tap -> launch X-Note app
longpress -> launch X-Trasformer app
If you don't see the X-Note toggle at first boot go to X-Note app > additional script Xnote > add/restore toggle > enable all toggles and reboot
home button wake enable/disable
status bar clock right-center-hide
status bar clock font selection - 5 fonts available
enable/disable date near the status bar clock + small/big font selection
uppercase/lowercase/normal font selection for status bar date if enabled
18 available date format: dd-mm-yyyy / EEEE-mm-dd-yyyy / etc.
network indicator now shows upload/download speed + option to hide if no traffic + 4 update frequency available: half second, 1 second, 2 and 5 seconds
power menu show/hide feature, you can:
show/hide data mode
show/hide airplane mode
show/hide power off
show/hide restart
show/hide accessibility
show/hide sound mode bar
show/hide cpu core widget in notification panel
status bar clock color selection
notification panel clock color selection
notification panel date color selection
notification panel cpu core widget color selection
TW THEMES
- X-NOTE MOONSHINE
- X-NOTE GOLD
X-Kernel V.2.1 - only for N9005

UPDATED TO LATEST SAMSUNG OFFICIAL SOURCES
Close to stock for stability and best battery
Selinux status = Permissive
ExFAt support
init.d support
insecure & adb insecure
Add swap support
Add CIFS support
Add NFS support
Add NTFS support
Add Xbox controller support
Add cdrom option to UMS-lun-devices
Add DriveDroid support
USB: f_mass_storage: 2048 block size for cdrom devices
USB: f_mass_storage: Added cdrom option to UMS-lun-devices

Download Links :

ANDROID FILE HOST

LINK

THANKS TO ,
@soloilmeglio and @xentrix

Last edited:

fahadali2315

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham

For other variants please follow this quick and easy guide by @Khizar on how to make this rom work on your note3. Dont forget to thank him.

LINK

Please guys, there would be no help given if the problem is not because of xnote.
Before asking mods related stuff please check if there is an xposed module active as almost all the time that seems to be problem. :)
And for people having 4g issues. This thread is for N9005 ,not for any other variants. We still try to help as much as we can. :) But dont move questions between threads.. if you need help. Pm users like @djbrian52 @Upstreammiami @Ark1406 as they are pretty helpful when it comes to other variants. As for other questions if not answered promptly please eat @Khizar 's brain :D
Patience beats all and a little knowledge about things too :p

FAQ'S

X-NOTE SOLE FEATURES
Q. My pin lock doesnt work ?
A. Put # in front of security. mdpp=none in build prop. Reboot and set pin

Q. I have 2 clocks in status bar.....one in center and one in right side???
A. Disable one from gravitybox or xnote

Q. I cannot apply statusbar theme switch or keyboard themes etc ???
A. Copy all the content in /0/ folder to your internal sdcard it should be named as Xnote

Q.My silentmode sign doesnt goaway in statusbar??
A. Use the fix available in xnote Updates

Q. After Flashing V14 my home button is not waking up my phone ?
A. Go to X-Note App/Extras/X-Note Custom Mods and Check/Uncheck Home Button wake and restart SystemUI.

Q. After Flashing V14 my restart menu is not showing up ?
A. Go to X-Note App/Extras/X-Note Custom Mods and Check/Uncheck Restart Options Elements.

Q. How to Hide CPU Widget in StatusBar
A. Go to X-Note App/Extras/X-Note Custom Mods and Show/Hide CPU Widget in Other StatusBar Elements and restart SystemUI.

Q.How to use stock battery?
A.Not been tested myself but try.
Delete X-battery.apk and use xblast/wanam to put on the original battery. Should work on older versions
Not sure about v14.

Q. Having some wierd reflection/shadow under the date/time? SOLUTION ?
A. This is the Network Speed indicator and the problem occurs if you are using any xposed modules (Wanam) . So either switch off the indicator by going to Xnote control app >> Extras >> StatusBar Mods or disabling the xposed module.

Q. Logs in phone doesn't fully show up ( top part is missing)
A. gravity box, search for the option to hide the menu overflow it happens with navbar enabled.

Q. Google Play Movies get stuck after 9secs , whats wrong with it ?
A. Its probably because you flashed X-note Kernel go for Stock kernel or civz snapkat latest kernel .

Q. I have all green toggles in XNOTE V12 ?
A. Please go into XNOTE control app >> Extras >> Statusbar ColorMods and change the settings to your liking as shown in the image.
5eGuFWgl.png
Q. How to change StatusBar transparency ?
A. Goto Xnote ControlApp>>Extras>> Color StatusBar Mods ,Check the Content
9dkEITbl.jpg
Q."How do you change the DPI of the device?"
A. First Boot DPI is set to 360dpi in X-NOTE 11 , if you want to go back to stock the value is ( 480 ).Use X-Transformer to set your DPI. Follow the instructions properly.
kSg6sXal.jpg
Q."How do you remove the power button the left, and the home button on the right on status bar?"
A. Go into X-Note Control, Extra Settings, then uncheck both show/hide home button and show/hide lock button. And Restart SystemUI.
9OekOaTl.jpg
Q."There's a white line on top of my screen, and I didn't have it on stock! I'm pretty sure it's not something wrong with my screen...HELP!"
A. Go to X-Note Control App >> X-Note Panel >> Battery Bar Settings
6KXBRWnl.jpg
Q."How do I get my clock back to the center, I don't like it in the right"
A. Currently you cannot move clock you need to flash the file BatteryMod disabler posted in the next post after that you can enjoy every feature you could in X10.

Q."How do I get rid of the traffic monitor under my clock? It is starting to bug me now when I'm not downloading or browsing I just see 0kb/s."
A. Go to X-Note Control App >>Extras >> Status Bar Mods >> Show/Hide Network Speed
iu3MV5Wl.jpg
Q."Is there root on X-Note? I don't seem to have it"
A. X-Note is already rooted .
j6hVtp0l.jpg
Q."How do I get the black and white Play Store?"
A.Here
YTHgo8Fl.jpg
Q."How do I install TW themes with these .apk files?"
A. Just install it, then press the menu button on your home screen, click Themes, then choose the one you like.

Q."Can I overclock on X-Note Kernel?"
A. No

Q."The bootanimation is so flashy, too flashy for my eyes to bear, I'm planning to move on to another ROM if they don't change this!!!"
A. HOLD UP! You can change the boot animation easily by going into the OTA section of X-Note, download the BIOS boot animation and flash it in recovery. OR! You can flash the zip provided by myself (fahadali2315) on the 3rd post below that would get you the default X-Note 7 Boot Animation!

FIRMWARE/RECOVERY/BOOT/KERNEL RELATED

Q."Would I need the Poland firmware to install? Or can I use my locally released KK as a base for flashing X-Note?"
A. If you have KitKat already installed, you will already have the bootloader required to flash X-Note. Hence, all you need to do is get to KitKat using any method

Q."What other kernels should I try?"
A. CivZ's SnapKat Kernel or Wootever's N3 Kernel are quite good. NOTE: You WILL trip your KNOX if you haven't already.

Q."What is the difference between stock kernel and stock kernel with init.d added?"
A. The init.d is a more advanced user option, where it allows the automatic execution of the scripts contained with /system/etc/init.d folder at each boot. Only select this if you plan to use scripts.

Q."What is this BTU CSC? What would happen if I live in XXXXX and my region is not specified?"
A. CSC means Customer Sales Code, and contains Carrier Settings and information. Installing a BTU CSC on an Australian device would not affect anything. It only gives you extra options.

Q."Why isn't my modem updated after installing the ROM? It's still at NA2!"
A. The ROM does not, and will never have, a modem install option. If you want to install/update a specific modem, you will have to flash it in Odin manually.

KITKAT 4.4 RELATED​

Q. I cannot get into Tablet mode ?
A. It is because of the lovely updates from GOOGLE to blame :mad:

Q."Ongoing notifications are pushed down and temporary notifications are placed on top of the ongoing notifications! What's going on?"
A. This is a new Android 4.4 feature and is not yet changeable.
Yjq9cFml.jpg
Q."On 4.3 when I swiped down on the notification bar, no matter where I swiped I would be able to pull it down. Now on the latest X-Note, when I swipe close to the right of the screen, the notification bar goes from transparent to dark...why is this?"
A.There is no workaround for this, as this is an official 4.4 feature so that it allows users to view the notification status bar with a solid background instead of intruding what is behind it. It is a visually pleasing feature over functionality.

Q."What is the Kit Kat Addons in Aroma?"
A. They are the CM11 apps that get installed usually when you install a CyanogenMod ROM, they include the AOSP Clock, 8sms and AOSP Calculator apps.
kKUv3nLl.png
JQQWtAil.png
SHsH2Pml.png

XPOSED/OTHER MODS
Q. "When I press the volume buttons on the homescreen, I get a volume scrubber with a gear icon. When I click on the gear icon, it enlarges but there used to be more options to scrub for Media, System and Alarm. What happened?"
A. This is due to GravityBox. Make sure you select Media Tweaks -> Expandable Volume Panel -> Fully Expandable Volume Panel and if you want Expand Automatically.
yd2Yjhvl.jpg
Q."What's wrong with Xposed? Whenever I enable a module, nothing happens!"
A. Have you installed the latest version of Xposed and rebooted.
W6HlhQ9l.jpg
Q."The call recorder function only gives me a hissing noise when I playback, what's wrong?"
A. Not Supported in 4.4.2

Q: Why is YouTube force closing as soon as I click on it on my launcher?
A.The latest Youtube as of March 13th conflicts with the Xposed module YouTube AdAway, Disable it in Xposed and it will stop force closing on app start.The latest update in Xposed Installer (1.6) fixes the crash, so make sure you update it

Q. My Playstore shows incompatible phone when i try downloading some apps?
A. Download xposed module Playstore Fixes and set your phones original density(480) to sent to google. Then it will work

Q. I have weird looking bar on top of Contacts/Dialer.
A. Disable Menu Overflow from Gravitybox.
Thanks to @Khizar for this find.

OTHERS

Q. Screen Rotation is not working after deleting SamsungHub.apk?
A. Flash this file to fix it .Link Thanks to @Killberty for the link

Q."After flashing the ROM my Wifi and 4G/3G is not very good, what's wrong?"
A. It is not the ROM's fault, this is your Modem. Make sure you installed your region's modem on your phone. Don't go around asking where to get the 'latest' modem, as the latest is not the greatest in all cases. Use the modem you usually believe to be the best. 4.3 modems are not compatible with 4.4 ROMs.

Q.Is this ROM working properly on other variants?
A. It works well on N900W8 and N900T provided that you install the patches required for it to work. There is also an N900A version on the AT&T section.

Q."How do I dirty flash this ROM?"
A. This is generally not recommended, but if you must do it on your own JUST FLASH THE AROMA SETUP AND IT WILL WIPE YOUR SYSTEM AUTOMATICALLY .

Q."Something is wrong with my multiwindow, shown here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiqktHuVa6A
A. Well, you're a strange one, If you are using Swiftkey, stop using it now. If not, flash the latest ROM and see if it fixed.

Q."My battery is draining heavily! What's going on?"
A. Download BetterBatteryStats from the second post of this thread and look for what is eating your battery and greenify that damn app :p :BBS LINK
PMLb1KPl.png

Q. What should I do if my NFC/BT/Wifi isn't working?
A. Make sure you have flashed stock, kernel, modem, and everything up to date on the 4.4.2 iterations of the files. If you have anything 4.3, that is likely to cause problems. DO NOT FLASH THE N900W8 NFC/Wifi/BT FIX AS IT WILL NOT HELP. Clear your cache/dalvik cache.

KNOX​

Q."I don't want to trip KNOX when installing X-Note! How should I approach this?"
A. Use this Guidebut there is no definite proof of not tripping KNOX if you know what you're doing.Be sure that you do not install any recovery from Aroma Installer, or else say goodbye to your KNOX Warranty.
IF YOU FOLLOW FLASHING ANY OTHER WAY YOU WILL DEFINATELY TRIP KNOX 0x1

TIPS​
- Samsung Email have big characters when writing a email in some density, recommended to install in aroma AOSP email or use Xposed
- Use Xlarge res (with xposed app settings module) for samsung Video app (com.samsung.everglades.video) at lower densities

FOR X-NOTE CANADIAN N900W8​
If you're on N900W8 Canadian,Follow this link to get a fully working X-Note
Link

Q: Will this new update trip my KNOX when I'm already on the 0x0 leaked Mexican Bootloader?
A: No it will not. No updates will. No kernels will. As the recovery does not write to the Bootloader, your bootloader will always be "happy".

Q. "What other kernels should I try if I'm a Canadian user?"
A. CivZ's SnapKat kernel or Wootever's N3 Kernel (Make sure you select the N900T version)

A. Did you flash the NFC/Wifi/BT fix? If yes, make sure you cleared cache and dalvik, as well as Fixing Permissions in CWM/TWRP so that the permissions are cleaned next boot.

Q. "How do I dirty flash this ROM?"
A. Check this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50477486&postcount=662

FOR X-NOTE TMOBILE N900T​

BIG THANKS TO @djbrian52 FOR THE ORIGINAL FIND :)

Do these steps to get X-NOTE ROM working on your mobile ( TMOBILE ONLY ) THANKS TO @ejdavis for the latest upload.

[/COLOR]Build 15 for N900T Devices. Same steps as always, Download ROM, flash fix, and flash an N900T kernel all before first boot.
X-Note V16 Download
Wi-Fi/NFC Fix
MD5#: 0E810AE1112486753CECBAE3E0480BB3
.[/QUOTE]

Great thanks to @nicholaschum for FAQ'S and IMAGES.

Last edited:

fahadali2315

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
FOR NOOBS
OP= Original Post/First Post in the thread
OTA= Over the air updates ( Xnote Updates )

SYSTEMATIC INSTRUCTIONS SPECIFICALLY FOR X-NOTE ROMS
GUIDE WRITTEN BY @nicholaschum

UNIVERSAL INSTRUCTIONS ARE LOCATED HERE

1. Did you make sure your phone model meets the criteria?

You CAN install N9005 ROMs on other variants, for example the N900T, N900W8,
provided you get a patch specific to your device, however if they have their specific
thread, N9005 ROMs DO NOT ALL SUPPORT IT.

2. Did you check the MD5 Checksum of the X-Note ROM after you downloaded it?

Open this spoiler for Mac Instructions!

1. Open Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal (or open Spotlight, and search for Terminal)
2. When Terminal is open, locate your directory where the file is downloaded, usually run this command: cd Downloads
3. When the path changes to the Downloads folder, type in "md5 XXXXXXXXXXXXX.zip" (name of the downloaded zip)
4. An MD5 code will come up, for example 614a3fac73272c9b53e74dc2ef5675f3, copy and paste this.
5. On the thread of the ROM, there should be located an MD5 code, press Command F, and paste it in the box. If the MD5 is found, then congratulations, MD5 checksum complete!

Open this spoiler for Windows Instructions!

1. Download WinMD5Free from this link: http://www.winmd5.com/ (NO INSTALL REQUIRED)
2. Unzip the application, then launch the .exe
3. Choose the file by clicking Browse, and double click the .zip file.
4. When the MD5 checksum value appears, copy and paste the MD5 from the custom ROM thread into the third box (Original file MD5 checksum value)
5. If they match, congratulations, MD5 checksum complete!

3. Did you try wiping both Cache and Dalvik Cache?

Click this if you are using TWRP Recovery

1. Boot into recovery by holding Power, Vol Up and Home at the same time.
2. Select the Wipe option.
3. Select the Advanced option.
4. Select Cache and Dalvik Cache, then swipe to wipe.
5. Reboot

Click this if you are using CWM Recovery

2. Select Wipe Cache
3. Click on the Volume Keys till you get to Yes, then press the power button
4. After done, select Advanced, then Select Wipe Dalvik Cache
5. Click on the Volume Keys till you get to Yes, then press the power button
6. Reboot

4. Is your configuration different from the given stock values?

Did you install any undesired system files unsupported by soloilmeglio and Xentrix? If you did,
YOU LOST YOUR SUPPORT IMMEDIATELY, but there may be a bunch of people that may
have done the same.

Modifying the stock values include:

1. Modification of System Files (Installing unsupported themes from other ROMs)

2. Tweaking of System Files manually (e.g. deleting gsiff_daemon)

3. Flashing a different CSC (Customer Sales Code)

4. Flashing a different Kernel (e.g. CivZ's SnapKat, Wootever's Custom N3)

5. Did you install the ROM after formatting /system, /data, /sdcard, /cache, /dalvik-cache?

0. YOU WILL NEED AN EXTSD FOR THIS, TO REINSTALL THE ROM.
3. Select System, Internal SD, Cache and Dalvik Cache, then swipe to wipe.
5. Go back, select Format Data, type 'yes', then press Done.
6. Reinstall your ROM from your external SD.
7. Reboot

2. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset
4. After done, select Advanced, then select Wipe Dalvik Cache
6. After done, select Mounts and Storage, select Format /system
7. Click on the Volume Keys till you get to Yes, then press the power button
8. After done, select Mounts and Storage, select Format /sdcard
9. Click on the Volume Keys till you get to Yes, then press the power button
10. After done, select Mounts and Storage, select Format /cache
11. Click on the Volume Keys till you get to Yes, then press the power button
12. Reboot

MODS & FIXES

Xnote7 Bootanimation
For folks who don't like the new discolights bootanimation :D Personally i love it though
Xnote7 old Boot Animation
psxRrnIl.png
For Stock Samsung Boot Animation
Flash simply through recovery
(With Sound and Shutdown also)
Tested Fully Working
Stock Boot Animation

For Stock Toggles
Stock Toggles
A66o6HIl.jpg

Center Clock
Flash this zip to get center clock
Center Clock

Updating Viper for Android

if you want to update viper for android:

1. download new version for kk (just check for updates in application menu) don't install.
2. open older viper and uninstall drivers (in viper menu) don't reboot.
3. with titanium backup clear data+uninstall older viper4android
4. with root explorer tap on new viper apk and select VIEW (NOT INSTALL) - go inside lib/armeabi folder - longpress on ******.so file and extract it - then go to extracted and copy/paste the ******.so file in your /system/lib folder and set rw-r-r permissions and 0-0 owner
5. now back to viper4android new apk... paste in your system/app folder with same permission and owner as said above.
6. reboot recovery - wipe cache and dalvik cache
7. reboot system
8. select viper as your music effects in settings
9. open viper for android, allow super user permission when asked and install driver when asked.
10. reboot your phone.
11. done.

please don't ask further question this guide is extremely clear.

[GUIDE] Internal sdcard not writable? Fix..

Follow this LINK Thanks to @Khizar

Updating Bootloader or Modem

if you are already on stock kitkat 4.4 , you dont need the bootloader . If you are on 4.3 flash the bootloader provided in OTA links same goes for MODEM.

Procedure for MODEM

1.Download the file for modem ,
2. Power off your phone completely , press home +vol down + power and go into download mode when it shows two options press volume up
3.Plug your phone into PC
4.Open Odin 3.09 and select CP or for older versions select phone
5.Choose the modem.tar.md5 file you downloaded .
6.Dont touch anything else in odin
7.Start the procedure , it will restart the phone itself . Go in about device if it still shows NA2 or older baseband do the procedure again .
it tends to work the second time.

Same Procedure for BOOTLOADER
Just change CP OR PHONE TO AP OR PDA for Bootloader in odin.

Last edited:

Mroczny3

Nov 11, 2010
Hello. Is it possible to Centre clock on xnote 11 ? Thanks for answers :D

Last edited:

fahadali2315

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
Hello. Is it possible to Centre clock on xnote 11 ? Thanks for answers :D

The only possible way to center the clock is using xposed modules, but it won't work if you have OGbatteryMod enabled As it interferes with other statusbar mods .
So if you are willing to disable OGBATTERY, then you can center the clock however you want.

tugas2khas

Dec 15, 2006
1. how to move clock to center together with the network meter? (tried with gravity box, not moved. didn't use wanam since it will cover the network meter) edit: so which module do you use to center the clock and make battery circle with %?
2. how to disable og battery mod? (since i read, it does interfere with other xposed module...) edit: ah...you explained it again above
3. is solo reading this thread? maybe he can give some answer...

Last edited:
Reactions: elhwaeti

fahadali2315

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
Last edited:

Shaun--77

Dec 15, 2012
does anyone have the boot animation from x note 7? i really liked that one and i hate the one provided in the ota. can someone please make a flashable zip with that animation in?:confused:

fahadali2315

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham

fahadali2315

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
does anyone have the boot animation from x note 7? i really liked that one and i hate the one provided in the ota. can someone please make a flashable zip with that animation in?:confused:

Sorry i dont have XNOTE 7 right now if any one has the setup and they can provide me with these files .
"bootsamsung.qmg, bootsamsungloop.qmg, bootsamsungmini.qmg, bootsamsungminiloop.qmg "
They are located in system/media
I would be happy to create the old Boot animation.

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
Link to the thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2643109
" Note: To flash this DBT over/after XEO (or oldest), must include this PIT File. Thanks @HSD-Pilot "

You have to flash the pit file too. to completely get the new baseband

Not really. A new Samsung "feature" is to disable any new baseband updates on 4.4.2 if you don't have "official" rom/kernel status. In order to flash a new baseband you need to use TriangleAway to get official status, boot immediately to download mode and install a modem with Odin.

Thomas

fahadali2315

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
Not really. A new Samsung "feature" is to disable any new baseband updates on 4.4.2 if you don't have "official" rom/kernel status. In order to flash a new baseband you need to use TriangleAway to get official status, boot imidietly to download mode and install a modem with Odin.

Thomas

Thanks for the headsup :)
See here its helping and getting helped :)
Thanks again.

Reactions: javoe and Khizar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    X-Note build 18.0 N9005-NF4

OFFICIAL DISCUSSION BOARD

FOLLOW X-NOTE RULES

ORIGINAL DEV THREAD X-NOTE

X-NOTE ROM UPDATES VIA OTA LINK

Guys,

I am please to create this Discussion thread of X-NOTE ROM .

We have done enough discussion about The ROM in DEV thread which is suppose to be made for Dev discussion only.

Please Feel free to discuss about the X-NOTE ROM. Please Don't Spam in this thread.

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

Disclaimer :
    Devs of this Rom are NOT responsible for any damage to your device.
    The installation of the ROM is at your own risk.
    However, the flash procedure is always performed
    at least three times with a day of testing.
    FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED in X-Note Thread.

ROM version: X-Note build 18.0 N9005-NF3

SUPREME CHANGELOG

Based on samsumg firmware ND5 modified to have region free
    moved lots of application in /data partition to have more free space in system (do a wipe data before install as written in instructions)
    allowed installation of thirdy part apk from first boot
    added the new circle system ui theme selectable with xnote app
    reintroduced home button in status bar with ability to choose position (xnote app)
    reintroduced status bar color & transparency selection (Xnote app)
    Added new shoot-it toggle that launch the great @dr.ketan apps (included):

-single tap>take a silent camera shot
    -longpress>take a shot with autoflash
    changed system ui switching method
    added keyboard switching method, select your theme via x-note app and your phone will autoreboot with the new theme (10 themes available):
    -black
    -grey
    -samsung stock
    -white
    -leather blue
    -leather black
    -leather brown
    -leather gray
    -leather red
    -leather brown premium
    all backup switching files (systemUI & keyboards) are automatically stored in internal sdcard in a new folder called xnote (don't delete)
    video gallery replaced with the GS5 one (already multi dpi)
    Scrapbook replaced with the GS5 one
    one hand feature from galaxy s5 modded (replaced recent button with menu button) with favourite app list and contacts shorcuts
    added x-note default tw theme as workarond for missed S-Note icon with s5 tw launcher
    s5 launcher modded multi dpi 5x4 home grid, 9 home screens, 5x6 app drawer, tw themes enabled and compatible with standard launcher too (select your theme using x-note app)... credits @Arsaw for the ported base app (all added into aroma, standard tw launcher available as always)
    two new tw launcher themes included in the rom:
    gold theme
    moonshine theme
    s5 wallpaper chooser available if you select s5 tw launcher in aroma + pull up apk to allow note 3 my magazine launch from homescreen credits @fakejap devs
    s5 splanner multi dpi ready + themed (aroma)
    s5 my files multi dpi ready + themed (aroma)
    s5 meteo widget multi dpi ready (aroma)
    s5 air wake up function (x-note app - experimental) to wake the device with a air gesture (see the instructions on screen
    9 keyboard themes (aroma) the leather texture was restyled for a premium feel:
    black
    grey
    samsung stock
    white
    leather blue
    leather brown
    leather gray
    leather red
    leather brown premium
    restyled bootanimation by @meawww (thanks my friend)
    viper for android updated
    almost all apps updated
    moved more app in /data to have more space in /system
    reworked system ui - new x-note toggle (available in settings to allow order selection):
    tap -> launch X-Note app
    longpress -> launch X-Trasformer app
    If you don't see the X-Note toggle at first boot go to X-Note app > additional script Xnote > add/restore toggle > enable all toggles and reboot
    home button wake enable/disable
    status bar clock right-center-hide
    status bar clock font selection - 5 fonts available
    enable/disable date near the status bar clock + small/big font selection
    uppercase/lowercase/normal font selection for status bar date if enabled
    18 available date format: dd-mm-yyyy / EEEE-mm-dd-yyyy / etc.
    network indicator now shows upload/download speed + option to hide if no traffic + 4 update frequency available: half second, 1 second, 2 and 5 seconds
    power menu show/hide feature, you can:
    show/hide data mode
    show/hide airplane mode
    show/hide power off
    show/hide restart
    show/hide accessibility
    show/hide sound mode bar
    show/hide cpu core widget in notification panel
    status bar clock color selection
    notification panel clock color selection
    notification panel date color selection
    notification panel cpu core widget color selection
    TW THEMES
    - X-NOTE MOONSHINE
    - X-NOTE GOLD
    X-Kernel V.2.1 - only for N9005

UPDATED TO LATEST SAMSUNG OFFICIAL SOURCES
    Close to stock for stability and best battery
    Selinux status = Permissive
    ExFAt support
    init.d support
    insecure & adb insecure
    Add swap support
    Add CIFS support
    Add NFS support
    Add NTFS support
    Add Xbox controller support
    Add cdrom option to UMS-lun-devices
    Add DriveDroid support
    USB: f_mass_storage: 2048 block size for cdrom devices
    USB: f_mass_storage: Added cdrom option to UMS-lun-devices

Download Links :

ANDROID FILE HOST

LINK

THANKS TO ,
    @soloilmeglio and @xentrix

For other variants please follow this quick and easy guide by @Khizar on how to make this rom work on your note3. Dont forget to thank him.

LINK

Please guys, there would be no help given if the problem is not because of xnote.
    Before asking mods related stuff please check if there is an xposed module active as almost all the time that seems to be problem. :)
    And for people having 4g issues. This thread is for N9005 ,not for any other variants. We still try to help as much as we can. :) But dont move questions between threads.. if you need help. Pm users like @djbrian52 @Upstreammiami @Ark1406 as they are pretty helpful when it comes to other variants. As for other questions if not answered promptly please eat @Khizar 's brain :D
    Patience beats all and a little knowledge about things too :p

FAQ'S

X-NOTE SOLE FEATURES
    Q. My pin lock doesnt work ?
    A. Put # in front of security. mdpp=none in build prop. Reboot and set pin

Q. I have 2 clocks in status bar.....one in center and one in right side???
    A. Disable one from gravitybox or xnote

Q. I cannot apply statusbar theme switch or keyboard themes etc ???
    A. Copy all the content in /0/ folder to your internal sdcard it should be named as Xnote

Q.My silentmode sign doesnt goaway in statusbar??
    A. Use the fix available in xnote Updates

Q. After Flashing V14 my home button is not waking up my phone ?
    A. Go to X-Note App/Extras/X-Note Custom Mods and Check/Uncheck Home Button wake and restart SystemUI.

Q. After Flashing V14 my restart menu is not showing up ?
    A. Go to X-Note App/Extras/X-Note Custom Mods and Check/Uncheck Restart Options Elements.

Q. How to Hide CPU Widget in StatusBar
    A. Go to X-Note App/Extras/X-Note Custom Mods and Show/Hide CPU Widget in Other StatusBar Elements and restart SystemUI.

Q.How to use stock battery?
    A.Not been tested myself but try.
    Delete X-battery.apk and use xblast/wanam to put on the original battery. Should work on older versions
    Not sure about v14.

Q. Having some wierd reflection/shadow under the date/time? SOLUTION ?
    A. This is the Network Speed indicator and the problem occurs if you are using any xposed modules (Wanam) . So either switch off the indicator by going to Xnote control app >> Extras >> StatusBar Mods or disabling the xposed module.

Q. Logs in phone doesn't fully show up ( top part is missing)
    A. gravity box, search for the option to hide the menu overflow it happens with navbar enabled.

Q. Google Play Movies get stuck after 9secs , whats wrong with it ?
    A. Its probably because you flashed X-note Kernel go for Stock kernel or civz snapkat latest kernel .

Q. I have all green toggles in XNOTE V12 ?
    A. Please go into XNOTE control app >> Extras >> Statusbar ColorMods and change the settings to your liking as shown in the image.
    5eGuFWgl.png
    Q. How to change StatusBar transparency ?
    A. Goto Xnote ControlApp>>Extras>> Color StatusBar Mods ,Check the Content
    9dkEITbl.jpg
    Q."How do you change the DPI of the device?"
    A. First Boot DPI is set to 360dpi in X-NOTE 11 , if you want to go back to stock the value is ( 480 ).Use X-Transformer to set your DPI. Follow the instructions properly.
    kSg6sXal.jpg
    Q."How do you remove the power button the left, and the home button on the right on status bar?"
    A. Go into X-Note Control, Extra Settings, then uncheck both show/hide home button and show/hide lock button. And Restart SystemUI.
    9OekOaTl.jpg
    Q."There's a white line on top of my screen, and I didn't have it on stock! I'm pretty sure it's not something wrong with my screen...HELP!"
    A. Go to X-Note Control App >> X-Note Panel >> Battery Bar Settings
    6KXBRWnl.jpg
    Q."How do I get my clock back to the center, I don't like it in the right"
    A. Currently you cannot move clock you need to flash the file BatteryMod disabler posted in the next post after that you can enjoy every feature you could in X10.

Q."How do I get rid of the traffic monitor under my clock? It is starting to bug me now when I'm not downloading or browsing I just see 0kb/s."
    A. Go to X-Note Control App >>Extras >> Status Bar Mods >> Show/Hide Network Speed
    iu3MV5Wl.jpg
    Q."Is there root on X-Note? I don't seem to have it"
    A. X-Note is already rooted .
    j6hVtp0l.jpg
    Q."How do I get the black and white Play Store?"
    A.Here
    YTHgo8Fl.jpg
    Q."How do I install TW themes with these .apk files?"
    A. Just install it, then press the menu button on your home screen, click Themes, then choose the one you like.

Q."Can I overclock on X-Note Kernel?"
    A. No

Q."The bootanimation is so flashy, too flashy for my eyes to bear, I'm planning to move on to another ROM if they don't change this!!!"
    A. HOLD UP! You can change the boot animation easily by going into the OTA section of X-Note, download the BIOS boot animation and flash it in recovery. OR! You can flash the zip provided by myself (fahadali2315) on the 3rd post below that would get you the default X-Note 7 Boot Animation!

FIRMWARE/RECOVERY/BOOT/KERNEL RELATED

Q."Would I need the Poland firmware to install? Or can I use my locally released KK as a base for flashing X-Note?"
    A. If you have KitKat already installed, you will already have the bootloader required to flash X-Note. Hence, all you need to do is get to KitKat using any method

Q."What other kernels should I try?"
    A. CivZ's SnapKat Kernel or Wootever's N3 Kernel are quite good. NOTE: You WILL trip your KNOX if you haven't already.

Q."What is the difference between stock kernel and stock kernel with init.d added?"
    A. The init.d is a more advanced user option, where it allows the automatic execution of the scripts contained with /system/etc/init.d folder at each boot. Only select this if you plan to use scripts.

Q."What is this BTU CSC? What would happen if I live in XXXXX and my region is not specified?"
    A. CSC means Customer Sales Code, and contains Carrier Settings and information. Installing a BTU CSC on an Australian device would not affect anything. It only gives you extra options.

Q."Why isn't my modem updated after installing the ROM? It's still at NA2!"
    A. The ROM does not, and will never have, a modem install option. If you want to install/update a specific modem, you will have to flash it in Odin manually.

KITKAT 4.4 RELATED​

Q. I cannot get into Tablet mode ?
    A. It is because of the lovely updates from GOOGLE to blame :mad:

Q."Ongoing notifications are pushed down and temporary notifications are placed on top of the ongoing notifications! What's going on?"
    A. This is a new Android 4.4 feature and is not yet changeable.
    Yjq9cFml.jpg
    Q."On 4.3 when I swiped down on the notification bar, no matter where I swiped I would be able to pull it down. Now on the latest X-Note, when I swipe close to the right of the screen, the notification bar goes from transparent to dark...why is this?"
    A.There is no workaround for this, as this is an official 4.4 feature so that it allows users to view the notification status bar with a solid background instead of intruding what is behind it. It is a visually pleasing feature over functionality.

Q."What is the Kit Kat Addons in Aroma?"
    A. They are the CM11 apps that get installed usually when you install a CyanogenMod ROM, they include the AOSP Clock, 8sms and AOSP Calculator apps.
    kKUv3nLl.png
    JQQWtAil.png
    SHsH2Pml.png

XPOSED/OTHER MODS
    Q. "When I press the volume buttons on the homescreen, I get a volume scrubber with a gear icon. When I click on the gear icon, it enlarges but there used to be more options to scrub for Media, System and Alarm. What happened?"
    A. This is due to GravityBox. Make sure you select Media Tweaks -> Expandable Volume Panel -> Fully Expandable Volume Panel and if you want Expand Automatically.
    yd2Yjhvl.jpg
    Q."What's wrong with Xposed? Whenever I enable a module, nothing happens!"
    A. Have you installed the latest version of Xposed and rebooted.
    W6HlhQ9l.jpg
    Q."The call recorder function only gives me a hissing noise when I playback, what's wrong?"
    A. Not Supported in 4.4.2

Q: Why is YouTube force closing as soon as I click on it on my launcher?
    A.The latest Youtube as of March 13th conflicts with the Xposed module YouTube AdAway, Disable it in Xposed and it will stop force closing on app start.The latest update in Xposed Installer (1.6) fixes the crash, so make sure you update it

Q. My Playstore shows incompatible phone when i try downloading some apps?
    A. Download xposed module Playstore Fixes and set your phones original density(480) to sent to google. Then it will work

Q. I have weird looking bar on top of Contacts/Dialer.
    A. Disable Menu Overflow from Gravitybox.
    Thanks to @Khizar for this find.

OTHERS

Q. Screen Rotation is not working after deleting SamsungHub.apk?
    A. Flash this file to fix it .Link Thanks to @Killberty for the link

Q."After flashing the ROM my Wifi and 4G/3G is not very good, what's wrong?"
    A. It is not the ROM's fault, this is your Modem. Make sure you installed your region's modem on your phone. Don't go around asking where to get the 'latest' modem, as the latest is not the greatest in all cases. Use the modem you usually believe to be the best. 4.3 modems are not compatible with 4.4 ROMs.

Q.Is this ROM working properly on other variants?
    A. It works well on N900W8 and N900T provided that you install the patches required for it to work. There is also an N900A version on the AT&T section.

Q."How do I dirty flash this ROM?"
    A. This is generally not recommended, but if you must do it on your own JUST FLASH THE AROMA SETUP AND IT WILL WIPE YOUR SYSTEM AUTOMATICALLY .

Q."Something is wrong with my multiwindow, shown here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiqktHuVa6A
    A. Well, you're a strange one, If you are using Swiftkey, stop using it now. If not, flash the latest ROM and see if it fixed.

Q."My battery is draining heavily! What's going on?"
    A. Download BetterBatteryStats from the second post of this thread and look for what is eating your battery and greenify that damn app :p :BBS LINK
    PMLb1KPl.png

A. Make sure you have flashed stock, kernel, modem, and everything up to date on the 4.4.2 iterations of the files. If you have anything 4.3, that is likely to cause problems. DO NOT FLASH THE N900W8 NFC/Wifi/BT FIX AS IT WILL NOT HELP. Clear your cache/dalvik cache.

KNOX​

Q."I don't want to trip KNOX when installing X-Note! How should I approach this?"
    A. Use this Guidebut there is no definite proof of not tripping KNOX if you know what you're doing.Be sure that you do not install any recovery from Aroma Installer, or else say goodbye to your KNOX Warranty.
    IF YOU FOLLOW FLASHING ANY OTHER WAY YOU WILL DEFINATELY TRIP KNOX 0x1

TIPS​
    - Samsung Email have big characters when writing a email in some density, recommended to install in aroma AOSP email or use Xposed
    - Use Xlarge res (with xposed app settings module) for samsung Video app (com.samsung.everglades.video) at lower densities

FOR X-NOTE CANADIAN N900W8​
    If you're on N900W8 Canadian,Follow this link to get a fully working X-Note
    Link

Q: Will this new update trip my KNOX when I'm already on the 0x0 leaked Mexican Bootloader?
    A: No it will not. No updates will. No kernels will. As the recovery does not write to the Bootloader, your bootloader will always be "happy".

Q. "What other kernels should I try if I'm a Canadian user?"
    A. CivZ's SnapKat kernel or Wootever's N3 Kernel (Make sure you select the N900T version)

A. Did you flash the NFC/Wifi/BT fix? If yes, make sure you cleared cache and dalvik, as well as Fixing Permissions in CWM/TWRP so that the permissions are cleaned next boot.

Q. "How do I dirty flash this ROM?"
    A. Check this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50477486&postcount=662

FOR X-NOTE TMOBILE N900T​

BIG THANKS TO @djbrian52 FOR THE ORIGINAL FIND :)

Do these steps to get X-NOTE ROM working on your mobile ( TMOBILE ONLY ) THANKS TO @ejdavis for the latest upload.

[/COLOR]Build 15 for N900T Devices. Same steps as always, Download ROM, flash fix, and flash an N900T kernel all before first boot.
    X-Note V16 Download
    Wi-Fi/NFC Fix
    MD5#: 0E810AE1112486753CECBAE3E0480BB3
    .[/QUOTE]

Great thanks to @nicholaschum for FAQ'S and IMAGES.
    FOR NOOBS
    OP= Original Post/First Post in the thread
    OTA= Over the air updates ( Xnote Updates )

SYSTEMATIC INSTRUCTIONS SPECIFICALLY FOR X-NOTE ROMS
    GUIDE WRITTEN BY @nicholaschum

UNIVERSAL INSTRUCTIONS ARE LOCATED HERE

1. Did you make sure your phone model meets the criteria?

You CAN install N9005 ROMs on other variants, for example the N900T, N900W8,
    provided you get a patch specific to your device, however if they have their specific
    thread, N9005 ROMs DO NOT ALL SUPPORT IT.

2. Did you check the MD5 Checksum of the X-Note ROM after you downloaded it?

Open this spoiler for Mac Instructions!

1. Open Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal (or open Spotlight, and search for Terminal)
    2. When Terminal is open, locate your directory where the file is downloaded, usually run this command: cd Downloads
    3. When the path changes to the Downloads folder, type in "md5 XXXXXXXXXXXXX.zip" (name of the downloaded zip)
    4. An MD5 code will come up, for example 614a3fac73272c9b53e74dc2ef5675f3, copy and paste this.
    5. On the thread of the ROM, there should be located an MD5 code, press Command F, and paste it in the box. If the MD5 is found, then congratulations, MD5 checksum complete!

Open this spoiler for Windows Instructions!

1. Download WinMD5Free from this link: http://www.winmd5.com/ (NO INSTALL REQUIRED)
    2. Unzip the application, then launch the .exe
    3. Choose the file by clicking Browse, and double click the .zip file.
    4. When the MD5 checksum value appears, copy and paste the MD5 from the custom ROM thread into the third box (Original file MD5 checksum value)
    5. If they match, congratulations, MD5 checksum complete!

3. Did you try wiping both Cache and Dalvik Cache?

4. Select Cache and Dalvik Cache, then swipe to wipe.
    5. Reboot

2. Select Wipe Cache
    4. After done, select Advanced, then Select Wipe Dalvik Cache
    6. Reboot

4. Is your configuration different from the given stock values?

Did you install any undesired system files unsupported by soloilmeglio and Xentrix? If you did,
    YOU LOST YOUR SUPPORT IMMEDIATELY, but there may be a bunch of people that may
    have done the same.

Modifying the stock values include:

1. Modification of System Files (Installing unsupported themes from other ROMs)

2. Tweaking of System Files manually (e.g. deleting gsiff_daemon)

3. Flashing a different CSC (Customer Sales Code)

4. Flashing a different Kernel (e.g. CivZ's SnapKat, Wootever's Custom N3)

5. Did you install the ROM after formatting /system, /data, /sdcard, /cache, /dalvik-cache?

3. Select System, Internal SD, Cache and Dalvik Cache, then swipe to wipe.
    5. Go back, select Format Data, type 'yes', then press Done.
    6. Reinstall your ROM from your external SD.
    7. Reboot

2. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    4. After done, select Advanced, then select Wipe Dalvik Cache
    6. After done, select Mounts and Storage, select Format /system
    7. Click on the Volume Keys till you get to Yes, then press the power button
    8. After done, select Mounts and Storage, select Format /sdcard
    9. Click on the Volume Keys till you get to Yes, then press the power button
    10. After done, select Mounts and Storage, select Format /cache
    11. Click on the Volume Keys till you get to Yes, then press the power button
    12. Reboot

MODS & FIXES

Xnote7 Bootanimation
    For folks who don't like the new discolights bootanimation :D Personally i love it though
    Xnote7 old Boot Animation
    psxRrnIl.png
    For Stock Samsung Boot Animation
    Flash simply through recovery
    (With Sound and Shutdown also)
    Tested Fully Working
    Stock Boot Animation

For Stock Toggles
    Stock Toggles
    A66o6HIl.jpg

Center Clock
    Flash this zip to get center clock
    Center Clock

Updating Viper for Android

if you want to update viper for android:

1. download new version for kk (just check for updates in application menu) don't install.
    2. open older viper and uninstall drivers (in viper menu) don't reboot.
    3. with titanium backup clear data+uninstall older viper4android
    4. with root explorer tap on new viper apk and select VIEW (NOT INSTALL) - go inside lib/armeabi folder - longpress on ******.so file and extract it - then go to extracted and copy/paste the ******.so file in your /system/lib folder and set rw-r-r permissions and 0-0 owner
    5. now back to viper4android new apk... paste in your system/app folder with same permission and owner as said above.
    6. reboot recovery - wipe cache and dalvik cache
    7. reboot system
    8. select viper as your music effects in settings
    9. open viper for android, allow super user permission when asked and install driver when asked.
    10. reboot your phone.
    11. done.

please don't ask further question this guide is extremely clear.

[GUIDE] Internal sdcard not writable? Fix..

Follow this LINK Thanks to @Khizar

Updating Bootloader or Modem

if you are already on stock kitkat 4.4 , you dont need the bootloader . If you are on 4.3 flash the bootloader provided in OTA links same goes for MODEM.

Procedure for MODEM

1.Download the file for modem ,
    2. Power off your phone completely , press home +vol down + power and go into download mode when it shows two options press volume up
    3.Plug your phone into PC
    4.Open Odin 3.09 and select CP or for older versions select phone
    5.Choose the modem.tar.md5 file you downloaded .
    6.Dont touch anything else in odin
    7.Start the procedure , it will restart the phone itself . Go in about device if it still shows NA2 or older baseband do the procedure again .
    it tends to work the second time.

Same Procedure for BOOTLOADER
    Just change CP OR PHONE TO AP OR PDA for Bootloader in odin.
    Thanks for the quick reply @fahadali2315 @Upstreammiami Can't wait to update my N900T from X-Note7 to X-Note12

T-MOBILE USERS

I edit the update-script and removed the setup wizard i also added back the nice x note bootanimation.

1. Download the rom zip..... https://mega.co.nz/#!50wlVbAJ!RxkPilAZrwrabukYx7rmwKj0kGPx_2vnd8Z5SO_GFgc
    2. Download tmobile kernel i think civz is the best.... https://mega.co.nz/#!JhxSyKTT!kzDpd0kiraSz8zzL03xFSHYeFKkZ7Ncs4CgZN9bRsek
    3. Donwload NFC- WIFI fix..... https://mega.co.nz/#!UhBVmDgZ!7374Mh9SOchhPaykTiqkmF-7oEXsI5Y4PGyg4wVOw6E
    4. Flash in the same order as above - ROM/Kernel/Fix.
    5. Be sure to uncheck "reboot device" after rom install finishes in aroma b4 flashing the next 2 files.
    6. Reboot and enjoy.
    7. It takes a few minutes for first boot.
    8. Remember to check your apn for any data issues
    This thread is a great idea... thanks.

Q. How can I restore the stock boot animation with sound?

Sorry for the delay was creating the stock boot animation from xnote other animations :)
    Added to OP too.
    Just flash througt recovery .
    Stock Boot Animation
    Dont forget to thank if you like this thread :)