New HTC One S - SE : White color - 64 GB storage / Where can we buy it ?

Search This thread

ibolito

Jun 4, 2010
Marseille
ASUS ZenFone 8
Hi guys, today I saw this special version of our beloved HTC One S, named "Special Edition"

HTC-One-S-SE-3V.png

HTC Taiwan One S - SE page : http://www.htc.com/tw/smartphones/htc-one-s-se/#overview

Snapdragon S4 processor
New color : White
Extended internal storage : 64 GB (still no SD card slot)
Ships with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and Sense 4+
Only for Taiwan, HTC UK says there is no plan for Europe :'(

If anyone find where to buy this amazing device, please tell us here !

Last edited:

.TanTien

Aug 7, 2012
HTC really wants a punch in his face. Why they keep doing Updates to already released phones?

k1llacanon

Jun 3, 2012
No offence but it looks **** in white like that it's 64gb tho

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

Reactions: inetdua

jmitr

May 18, 2008
Castlegar

Agree on the white.

But......after all the low storage etc threads, argued In by yours truly, that HTC should release 32 and 64 gb options......HTC listened

Thanks HTC, now just announce the JB update for the One V (my soon to be secondary phone!)and you will continue to keep me as a customer / fanboy for life!

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

theNOOBuser

Jan 2, 2011
Ausitn, TX
Wow...-_- T-MOUS should've released a white variant. Would prefer it over my grey.

Sent from my HTC One S using the XDA-Developers app

mbh87

Jun 16, 2010
Idaho
HTC was smart by making the end caps tinted already. Bet those things get nasty after some use. I usually prefer white but I'm way more jealous of the storage space than the color in this case.

mjm128

Jun 9, 2010
I think HTC's strategy will continue to fail them. It's essentially the same phone they released months ago just it has more storage. This is what the One S should've been when it came out, BUT it also should've had NFC to future proof the device.

h.han

Feb 28, 2011
London
It's not surprising to see HTC made this move to release a variation of one s with different colour and more storage space. And I don't think it's unfair to the "old" one s owner either.

Just like Samsung released S3 alpha in Japan which has better specs than the international S3, companies will never make perfect phone, at least release a perfect one at one time.

The very next day after a device is made available to public, it's already become "yeaterday's" gadget apparently and literally. Moreover we all believed one s was a near perfect masterpiece when we bought it and did not bother too much about the 16gig storage, so why should we complain it now 6 months down the road. And we all know, in 3 years time, or less, one s may only be grandpa's play tool...

Regarding the release of one s se in other countries, I guess it will be available in the future if HTC still wants to keep the one s line. Since I know some big Telecom company like orange uk has marked one s EOL, end of line/life. Or HTC is preparing something big to come in Christmas time.

I do think it would have been nice to have at least 32gig option when one s was released, however that was not the case...

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

yz250il

May 14, 2012
They could just design it with a microSD slot, it's that simple.
I knew that when I got the phone but didn't think it would bother me so much.
Roming it would be much easier... It's like they took the two bad things from the iPhone... Can't understand that.
Still I love the One S!

Hgaara

Apr 13, 2009
It's not surprising to see HTC made this move to release a variation of one s with different colour and more storage space. And I don't think it's unfair to the "old" one s owner either.

Just like Samsung released S3 alpha in Japan which has better specs than the international S3, companies will never make perfect phone, at least release a perfect one at one time.

The very next day after a device is made available to public, it's already become "yeaterday's" gadget apparently and literally. Moreover we all believed one s was a near perfect masterpiece when we bought it and did not bother too much about the 16gig storage, so why should we complain it now 6 months down the road. And we all know, in 3 years time, or less, one s may only be grandpa's play tool...

Regarding the release of one s se in other countries, I guess it will be available in the future if HTC still wants to keep the one s line. Since I know some big Telecom company like orange uk has marked one s EOL, end of line/life. Or HTC is preparing something big to come in Christmas time.

I do think it would have been nice to have at least 32gig option when one s was released, however that was not the case...

I disagree. Even after the One S came out, it's specs didn't become obsolete. The galaxy s3 was released shortly after and even that is on par with the one S based on benchmarks. And as the way things are, a lot of phones are being released with almost similar specs, with the exception of cpu speeds (architecture may be more optimized but say, exynos and snapdragon 4 are very much on par) and ram, phones aren't being differentiated. Not unless the new batch of architecture cpu are released and even then, manufacturer still have to create a phone around it. So while yes, this Taiwan version only phone has more memory, it doesn't mean any one s, one x, are going to be a grandpa toy only time soon. I can see the iPhone 5 being obsolete the moment it came out and being a grandparent toy only (Samsung commercial hit it dead on) but the one s will still be a contender. In fact, the only phones that become obsolete the day after released, are budget phones. Aka, one v and people still complain they aren't getting updates.

dorezen

Nov 3, 2010
good effort by htc but they really could save more complaints/headaches from current HOS owners by adding the following features:
  • bigger battery
  • pentaband frequency
  • shipped with jellybean 4.1

if priced right i'd buy it and sell my current TMOUS HOS.

ducati99x

Nov 23, 2012
Yes, it's really a nice device.

You can buy it from Taiwan shopping website.

global.pchome.com.tw/DGBM4Z-A69814978

The price is US$ 622.92

Shipping rates
America, Canada : US$10
Europe and others : US$20

FYI.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is why HTC is losing money, they should stick with the Original models at least for a year and update them.. this way is just a punch in the face for customers. While we wait for jellybean they release a new + model, with no considerable 'pluses' but with working jellybean. C'mon HTC, what's wrong with you?
    If you buy this, the second you get it please report here.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1992023

The community really needs someone with this device for JB with sense. All we need is a system dump

Cheers

Sent from my Blacked Out HTC Desire HD using xda app-developers app