Moderator announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com
Use the Smartphone General forum for GENERIC posts, hacks, tutorials, questions!

If you have a question / tip / hack / trick also applicable to (most) other Smartphone models, please PLEASE post it to the brand new General Smartphone forum. Few Smartphone users check out the forums of other Smartphone models and, therefore, your questions / tips / other stuff will be read by a LOT more people if you post it to a general forum than in just a model-specific one.

As has already been pointed out, everything should be posted to the new General forum that isn’t ONLY related to the particular model. Some examples of what should be posted to the General forum and what should stay in a device-specific one:

• posts like “the HTC Vox (s710) has a very bad-quality rubber cover” (example HERE and HERE) should stay in the device-specific Vox subforum because it’s (currently - we'll see how the forthcoming HTC Wings fare in this respect) only the Vox that is affected by this problem. The same stands for problems with the bootloaders of a given model or specific ROM upgrades, ROM versions, unlocking etc. only applicable to a given model (and nothing else).
  • posts like Live Messenger CAB’s (example HERE), OpenVPN hacks (example HERE), Adobe Flash hacking (example HERE) etc. should ALL be posted to the General forum because these hacks, information etc. can be used on (almost) ALL Smartphone models.
  • if you have a question that you feel can be answered by other Smartphone users, do NOT post it to a device-specific forum, but to the generic one. Generic questions are “What Web browsers should I use?”, “How do I configure my e-mail client?”, “How do I install Flash on my device” and so on. ONLY post questions like “What about ROM version X.Y for Smartphone model XY”, “How do I enable HSDPA in model XY”, “Where should I get WM6 for model XY”, “I have problems with the rubber covers of my Vox”, “My Excalibur’s buttons are hard to press” – that is, questions you’re absolutely sure about belonging to model-specific forums.

Also, make sure you continuously monitor the forum because I’ll post a lot of brand new Smartphone-related information in there.

Again and again,
  1. POST ALL your questions / tips / hacks in the General forum if you find it can also apply to / answered by the owners of other Smartphone models
  2. frequently visit the new forum for new tips / questions and, last but not least, my tutorials / roundups :)

wardfan220

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2010
Eldridge, IA
Hello all, D.O.C and myself have taken over moderation of the Startrek fora. If you need anything feel free to pm either of us.

-wardfan220

Last edited:

veyka

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2007
Norfolk
www.veyka.co.uk
Hello there.

I am a new moderator for this forum section, working with wardfan220.

If you have any suggestions or comments please feel free to PM me.

If you see any problematic posts or threads click the report button to let me know.

UHKnj

Also make sure you are aware of the forum rules before posting.

Thank you,

Angus/Veyka.

Last edited:
Reactions: wardfan220

wardfan220

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2010
Eldridge, IA
Hello there.

I am your new moderator for this forum section.

If you see any problematic posts or threads click the report button to let me know.

UHKnj

Thank you,

Angus/Veyka.

? You planning on taking me out? lmao. Welcome aboard mate. It's SLOW here, I had to take this one just because of the name, lol, and I think I've seen 2 posts since I got it. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello there.

I am a new moderator for this forum section, working with wardfan220.

UHKnj

Thank you,

Angus/Veyka.