raymie87

Feb 18, 2010

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 21

leith51

Feb 23, 2009
i didn't download your adb. i downloaded mine long ago that's y i'm saying it could be that we have different.

If you have the latest htc sync and if you have downloaded the flash folder from post 1 then there is no need to type shell I've just used the guide to flash back to different radio and was done in 5 mins did it exactly as it says do don't understand why your the only one that has to type shell

E=Mc2

descenpet

Dec 15, 2009
If you have the latest htc sync and if you have downloaded the flash folder from post 1 then there is no need to type shell I've just used the guide to flash back to different radio and was done in 5 mins did it exactly as it says do don't understand why your the only one that has to type shell

E=Mc2
i have fully working adb so i didn't see the need to download yours. it never worked that way for me so i thought it might not work for some people too.if it's working for you all, let it be my bad and forget it.

Last edited:

ref1ux

Aug 21, 2009
Right, when I follow these steps and type 'adb reboot bootloader' it reboots the phone but never enters the boatloader, so I just end up back in Android again. Does the same on two PCs.

I've got HTC Sync installed and ENG S-OFF as well as root access and it does the same thing in the stock 1.32.405.6 as well as Cyan nightlies... any thoughts?

leith51

Feb 23, 2009
Right, when I follow these steps and type 'adb reboot bootloader' it reboots the phone but never enters the boatloader, so I just end up back in Android again. Does the same on two PCs.

I've got HTC Sync installed and ENG S-OFF as well as root access and it does the same thing in the stock 1.32.405.6 as well as Cyan nightlies... any thoughts?

Have you got radio s-off ???

E=Mc2

ref1ux

Aug 21, 2009
Ok, thanks guys.... just tried it for the 6th time and it worked! No idea what I did wrong but thanks anyway :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - This is a guide on how to Flash radio nothing else you will find the other items required to do the flash have been provided in the links and the zip file attached it is known that using this method you can flash radio on any rom base fully tried and tested

Can be used on Windows/now for mac aswell

This guide is for window users only

Mac users follow this guide to flash radio [Mac OS X] Flashing Radio.img on Mac (Easy!) All credit to Thekn

Also can be used to for splash screens download splash screen follow guide instead of radio use splash img and in command prompt type

Fastboot flash splash1 " name of splash".img

WARNING FLASHING RADIO.IMG IS RISKY

PLEASE READ FULLY ALL OF POST 1 BEFORE ATTEMPTING THE FLASH AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE GOT EVERYTHING REQUIRED ASWELL AS HAVING A ROOTED RADIO S-OFF AND ENG S-OFF THEN CAREFULLY FOLLOW GUIDE AND DO STEP BY STEP DO NOT RUSH YOU DO NOT WANT AN EXPENSIVE PAPER WEIGHT

i take no responsibility for anything that happens to your phone

PHONE MUST BE ROOTED WITH RADIO S-OFF AND ENG S-OFF

Links to do this

Eng s-off with guide and links to root
    [TOOL] One click S-OFF by jkoljo

Radio s-off and simunlock
    [TOOL][VIDEO] One click Radio S-OFF, SimUnlock (Easy Root Guide) By jkoljo

CHECK YOU HAVE THE ABOVE DONE BEFORE TRYING TO FLASH RADIO

MUST HAVE HTC SYNC Pre installed

Link to radios
    radio link From xmoo
    Another radio link from mousey_
    latest radio for 1.72 in 1st post By leedroid

MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS FULLY CHARGED BEFORE FLASHING RADIO

use zip file attached provided by Jkoljo to use follow the below instructions
    HAVE YOUR PHONE PLUGGED IN AND SET AT CHARGE ONLY
    USB DEBUGGING ON DO THIS BY PRESSING MENU>SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>DEVELOPMENT>TOP OF MENU GREEN TICK IN BOX ON

1. Read the whole of the post first

2. Download attached Radio flash.zip

3. Extract the folder to anywhere of your choice (MINE IS ON THE DESKTOP)

4. Open the flash folder

5.Download the radio you want to use from the links above .Then Drag and drop radio.img you have downloaded in to radio flash folder

6.In the folder double left click the START HERE a command prompt window will open

7. Type: "adb reboot bootloader"

The adb reboot bootloader will take the device directly to fastboot And I can confirm that this method works also with non Sense roms.

8. Once your phone has rebooted in to bootloader screen Type fastboot flash radio radio.img

9. Once its done type fastboot reboot

All done

If a flash fails error signs and fixs below

FAILED REMOTE NOT ALLOWED --- you do not have ENG S-Off go back to the start of the post and click the link for eng s-off

credits

jkoljo for tools

I do this as I enjoy it if you like my work hit the thanks button or rate my thread or buy me a beer or all three or none at all up to you.

[/B]

Donators List

Nice guide! Actually with the tool you linked you will get Radio S-OFF, but as you mentioned, the phone must also have ENG S-OFF (second link in my sig) :)

And one should really just add the C:\androidsdk\tools after everything in path, otherwise something really important might stop working.

Modified guide cheers for that one will put eng-off link in tonight when I finished work

Sent with 1 hand tied behind my back
    Stop acting childish and put the guide back. A lot of my time went into it too.

If you won't restore it, I will make a new thread and repost my radio flash package with instructions. There will of course be credits for you too. For the time being, I attached the guide and radio flash package.

Credits go to leith51 (and me..)
    PHONE MUST BE ROOTED WITH RADIO S-OFF AND ENG S-OFF LINK TO DO THIS http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=857537

Nice guide! Actually with the tool you linked you will get Radio S-OFF, but as you mentioned, the phone must also have ENG S-OFF (second link in my sig) :)

And one should really just add the C:\androidsdk\tools after everything in path, otherwise something really important might stop working.
    Wots being shipped with gb got anything to do with radio? Totally confused wot your going on about
    You ask about a method for which this thread is not about on an unclear post to it being ' shipped' with gb. Just because it was shipped with wot ever makes zero difference if you had post more clear and said it was s-off and rooted then it would have been a simple answer.........go to the other thread who does radios in that method

As for this way of flashing is not working for you I'm guessing your getting remote not allowed coming up which would mean you don't have eng s-off like it says in the first post of this thread

P.S I'm not s mind reader and it sat next to you I don't know what state you phone is in please be more clear when posting in future
    sent from my dhd

Well seeing that DHD's shipped with GB have a different (or atleast does not work like froyo) bootloader, it's not possible to gain eng s-off without damaging the phone.
    I never meant to be rude, I just thought you were aware of this seeing you had created this tool :)

**edit don't want to get into further discussions so removed this part :p
    Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA App