[Official] Qi Wireless Charging Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

chrootz

Apr 9, 2011
I bought a Nokia wireless charging plate uses Qi standards, I got it from Verizon Wireless online with my work discount, It cost me for 40 dollars and I am using Yijieneng Qi pad.

My s3 use UAG case (Urban Armor Gear), It does transmit the wireless charging through the case and It runs like charm.

xamindar

Apr 8, 2012
I bought a Nokia wireless charging plate uses Qi standards, I got it from Verizon Wireless online with my work discount, It cost me for 40 dollars and I am using Yijieneng Qi pad.

My s3 use UAG case (Urban Armor Gear), It does transmit the wireless charging through the case and It runs like charm.

How are you guys getting the Yijieneng pads? I emailed the company for a quote and got a bounceback stating their mailbox was full. The closest things i can find on ebay are way overpriced at 37.50

kraminc

Mar 23, 2008
Ofallon
I had problems with there pad disconnecting and reconnecting from my charging pad. I ended up using the coil from a Samsung charge battery cover and it works great now. YMMV

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

mputtr

Nov 12, 2008
California, USA
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I had problems with there pad disconnecting and reconnecting from my charging pad. I ended up using the coil from a Samsung charge battery cover and it works great now. YMMV

who's pad? The Yijieneng one that I use has have no problem yet.. . Their pads seem to be a-ok afaik, but maybe it's also because I "docked" it.

redslumber

Oct 31, 2012
Vancouver
Just read through the thread and I think I might consider the Yijieneng receiver and charging pad. For those of you that have successfully purchased the kits from Yijieneng: How was the communication service and shipping promptness from them, and what's the price for the charging pad and the receiver (as they don't have any price listings on their site).

@RaymondPJR: That looks like a great deal. I wonder if they sell the charging pad separate, as I'd like to use a lower profile receiver with the phone.

grubia

Dec 26, 2006
Just read through the thread and I think I might consider the Yijieneng receiver and charging pad. For those of you that have successfully purchased the kits from Yijieneng: How was the communication service and shipping promptness from them, and what's the price for the charging pad and the receiver (as they don't have any price listings on their site).

@RaymondPJR: That looks like a great deal. I wonder if they sell the charging pad separate, as I'd like to use a lower profile receiver with the phone.
Hi,
Communication is slow, use messenger links on their site.
Price of the unit is 55$ + shipping cost. Mine shipping was 30$ via DHL.
Took them more than a week after completed payment to send the item. I was about to contact paypal to help me get my money back ...

redslumber

Oct 31, 2012
Vancouver
Hi,
Took them more than a week after completed payment to send the item. I was about to contact paypal to help me get my money back ...

Thanks for the rep grubia. I guess I can rule out getting this before Christmas lol. I'll give the messenger a try today

sircody

Jul 31, 2010
Atlanta
*****Qi Buyer Beware*****

Before you buy, check that the name of brand or company of that Qi item is on the Qi group's List of Products or Members...

http://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/member-list/

http://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/

If not on those Lists then it is NOT a True Qi has you're being told heavily in these posts......

What this means? It means it may or may not work, may cause damage, Fire etc....Qi did not Permit it to use that logo or name. Qi...so it may act differently on each and every charger you use it on.....

mputtr

Nov 12, 2008
California, USA
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
As far as the many members here who are currently using these products, they work.
Some are currently using them on the energizer mat, some on the nokia mat, and some on the oregon scientific mats.
Stop the fear mongering if you can't contribute to this thread with information about what products are out there and answering questions other users might have in regards to using it.

Reactions: aeron16

mputtr

Nov 12, 2008
California, USA
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I haven't bought this but if this site is legit... it's the Yijieneng Q9 (the one featured in OP) transmitter for $1 with a minimum order of 1.

http://www.made-in-china.com/showro...hina-Wireless-Charger-Qi-Transmitter-Q9-.html

personally, I don't think it's legit. there is no way it's only $1. they probably will ding you with a $80 shipping fee or something.
and i also do not trust western union. too many scams are run through their service because it is so easy to manipulate.
some of the members here have posted how they did it. try contacting them directly.. Atleast you know it'll be straight from the manufacturer
Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: brehon1104
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd like to start it off with a wireless charging kit I purchased that comes with a receiver and transmitter.
    The manufacturer is called Yijieneng.
    The receiver fits underneath the battery door with no modification required.
    From what I've noticed about it, it charges a little faster than USB but not as fast as an AC adapter. (according to the receiver, it charges at 700mAh)
    NFC works with this kit.
    As far as I've noticed, the range is about 4mm (from transmitter surface to battery case) for there to be a successful charge.
    The transmitter emits a small beep when it starts the charge. I've had it next to my bed for the past few weeks and I don't hear it when I sleep if it goes off. It does keep my phone at 100% in the morning.

At this time I'm also creating a custom dock that will put the phone up at an angle like a dock. I have finished the core part of it, but still waiting to finalize the ridge that will hold the phone. I'm waiting to get a certain bumper case before I create the final ridge.
    Here's a few pictures of the dock in its current form (it still needs to be sanded and have the surface reworked):
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4bcgiapslrawvcs/yIOWW5Fybz#/
    Here's a video of the kit that I shot showing how it works as well as NFC function.

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
    Charging range and case choices:
    is it possible to use Cases Such as Otterbox Commuter with the QI PAD? Does the signal transmit through?

Yes I am currently using the defender with the dual energizer pad nightly with no issues.

* Ballistic SG Maxx Case as well as the Ballistic SG
    * UAG (Urban Armor Gear)

Are Qi products intercompatible?

As far as I know, the charging distance is between 4mm to 4cm (if the transmitter is based off the newer standard)

Charging speed
    Depending on the receiver it can range from 500ma to 700ma (this is roughly the speed of usb charging or a little faster)

Does NFC Work?
    I can't vouch for ALL the Qi kits out there, but the Yijieneng one that I do posses, works. Reference the above video to show that it works.

Available Products
    Wireless Charging Kits (This includes both receiver and charger):
    Yijieneng kit. Comes with a receiver pad that fits underneath the battery door and a transmitter.
    Warning: I highly suggest getting just the receiver pad from them rather than the whole kit. Apparently the 2nd version seem to be problematic and requires an exact placement. You can find the transmitter at your local phone store like AT&T and Verizon or get it from sites like Amazon and such for the Energizer Qi charging pad.
    As for those who are asking how to purchase this, this is what some of the members have done.
    Hi,

The prices are from their pricelist which you can request and the prices are for "sample". Prices for bulk are more than half way down ...

With the pricelist they've send me 2 pdfs with company presentation. They seems to be big oem manufacturer for the most of QI enabled charging pads (incl energizer). But this is only if you can trust what is written in presentation pdfs and in my experience with Chinese companies like this is that the truth in presentations is less than 40% ....

Zens wireless charger
    . They sell the whole kit for something around $80 or $90 (I think). Comes with a case and transmitter.

Droidax EzyCharge
    Here's the link to their review: http://www.androidunite.com/2012/11/15/droidax-ezycharge-wireless-charger-for-galaxy-s3/
    Comes with a case and transmitter.

Speed
    New HK brand. Seems to have a full kit available. Receiver backing goes for ~25 USD (208 HK$). Transmitter goes for ~$50 (388 HK$).
    http://www.speed-charger.com/en/home

Disclaimer: Touchstone, Qi, and Powermat are not compatible with each other. As of this edit (12/15/2012), none of these charging standards and their products will work with the other's product no matter what anyone tells you. In the future, there might be a universal charger, but right now, none exist.

Kits to AVOID
    Kaneda Wireless Powerbank
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35679928&postcount=125

EDIT: Added some extra info

EDIT 2: There are many members who have asked me where I got this kit from and the best I can and am allowed to disclose is that you would have to look up the manufacturer and contact them yourself. As far as I was reading, various members have actually directly contacted the manufacturer through their website and did their own transaction there. I personally have not done it before so I can not guarantee anything. I also do not know how much they charge nor do I know what kind of payment they take so your best bet is to talk to them. I only have this one kit that I have shown in the video and no it will not be sold to anyone (I like it too much and use it too much for me to even think about giving it up)

EDIT 3: Added info on other Qi chargers. Will add more info and pictures of other chargers and/or receivers as I find them.
    EDIT 4: added more info based on what I missed previously .
    EDIT 5: Added a Kits to avoid section.
    EDIT 6: Added warning on 2nd gen Yijieneng transmitter issue. Added new kit
    There were a couple of threads pop up about the Qi wireless charging. Unfortunately, they turned out to be members (not just one) just trying to sell their products. This will serve as an official discussion thread about the Qi Wireless Charging System for people with inquiries about it. You may post a review video if you have the system, but we will be watching closely. If we see that you are trying to run a business off of XDA's back, you will be infracted/banned for good. XDA is not a place to promote your business. Part 11 of the forum rules:

11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
    Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar/substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
    Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software, or commercial services. unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
    Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
    Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
    Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if the following conditions are met:
    A) the site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership who actively maintains XDA-Developers' support thread(s) / posts, related to the download,
    B) the site is a relatively small personal website without commercial advertising/links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)

So please keep this in mind while you discuss it. Have a good time guys!
    What!!! I don't know what to think!! I am beyond frustrated with searching for a more affordable version. Please, keep us all updated if it actually arrives.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Please, don't tease me, lol! Sounds to good to be true.

I just received it, charging the powerbank at the moment, will comment on it later.

All I can say is dont buy it, the unit is a true 5000mAh, but the battery is cheap, the coil inside the powerbank is not a proper qi coil, but a nornal transformer coil, the magnet is weak, so i'm going to mod it to see if i can get it to work better, oh and the s3 back cover was DOA.

couldn't be bothered to send it back, just call it a USD 35 loss.

Due to the constant reporting of this thread due to allegations of users selling items, I have no alternative other than to close this thread. We do not have the resources to watch this thread 24/7 and review every post made.

The information contained in post 2 will remain as a potential guide for buyers of wireless charging solutions.
    At this point the thread will remain stuck, and no other Qi, PowerMat or other wireless charging threads may be opened.
    Any found will be deleted/closed.

Thanks for your understanding.
    No prob.

i apologize. it was alot of posts to go through and I did let a few slip through as I tried to update it. i'll do it tonight when I get home.
    thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

@sircody - Why don't you just post your own thread regards the safety standards Qi or Powermat. Just stop mess either this Qi and Powermat thread. We already gave the facts Qi comparable works well with the Yijieneng pad and you are freaking paranoid over the safety by using standards electronics design prevent fire quotes.