(Question) Whatsapp in Firefox os?

Search This thread

samovalle41

Sep 6, 2013
Something that do Firefox os absolutely interesting is the whatsapp,do you know something?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk

JiMiTVAiDYA

Jun 1, 2012
Surat
jimitvaidyalife.weebly.com
Yes Mozilla/Firefox is planning to arrange Whatsapp for their Firefox OS by developing a web app or any other way. You will probably soon see Whatsapp running on Firefox OS. :)

Sent from my Xperia E using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

HawkeyeWPR

Aug 11, 2011
cuneo
WhatsApp or LINE,anyway we need a full support for this Apps,
ATM i'm using Loqui IM it's a multi-im app,but for WhatsApp he have a basic support(no-images or sounds,neither Avatar prfile)

motioncoding

Nov 23, 2011
Freiburg
www.motioncoding.com
Yes Mozilla/Firefox is planning to arrange Whatsapp for their Firefox OS by developing a web app or any other way. You will probably soon see Whatsapp running on Firefox OS. :)

Absolutely wrong. See here.
BUT there are other options:
Wassap (no longer public)
ConnectA2 [I confirm working. Also Audio, Images etc. ]
and even a few more non official clients.

Reactions: JiMiTVAiDYA

mojo706

May 11, 2012
Nairobi
www.darasani.com
Sorry No Plans

According to Whatsapp they have no plans to bring their popular app to FxOS. Although Telefonica had suggested it last year but soon Whatsapp denied the allegations. I'm on ver 1.3 of boot2gecko and still no whatsapp and the other apps that try aren't as good.

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
Loqi IM is good. I'm on 1.3 running it on the Nexus S.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Feb 24, 2014
ConnectA2 is probably the closest whatsapp clone out there. It's looking more and more like it with every update they make. It's a great whatsapp clone. I never tried loqui for whatsapp chatting, so I have no opinion on that app.

erotavlas

Apr 23, 2014
ConnectA2 is probably the closest whatsapp clone out there. It's looking more and more like it with every update they make. It's a great whatsapp clone. I never tried loqui for whatsapp chatting, so I have no opinion on that app.

Yes I confirm that Loqui is very good and you can receive image and video when you use whatsapp mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    People say that uses ConnectA2 Appp to user WhatsApp network and it works good.
    Search for that name on firefox marketplace and read the comments.

Something that do Firefox os absolutely interesting is the whatsapp,do you know something?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk

Absolutely wrong. See here.
    BUT there are other options:
    Wassap (no longer public)
    ConnectA2 [I confirm working. Also Audio, Images etc. ]
    and even a few more non official clients.