[Q] Nexus 5 touchscreen suddenly stopped working.

Search This thread

teunnk

Oct 13, 2012
Hello,

My Xperia Z broke and I sold it. Last week I bought a Nexus 5 (white) and yesterday the touchscreen suddenly stopped working while browsing twitter. I rebooted and the touchscreen worked for 1 sec and then it stopped working again. It keeps working for 1 - 5 sec and then stops.
Is there a way I can fix this? The phone is rooted because I wanted to copy WhatsApp over from another phone because I lost my sim bound to whatsapp.

I can go to the shop I bought it and get it fixed under warranty because I did not do anything weird with the phone nor dropped it. but first I want to see if it can be fixed from home or if it is a software problem because the shop is a hour drive and I don't want to do without my phone for another 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance!

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
This should have been posted in q&a, not general. But to answer your question, you're going to have to warranty it.

RootTheMachine

Oct 4, 2011
If you want to be sure it's hardware, reflash the factory image and see if anything changes. But it's most likely hardware at this point.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

lombardo8

Nov 25, 2007
London
If you want to be sure it's hardware, reflash the factory image and see if anything changes. But it's most likely hardware at this point.

I hope we are not going to get this part functioning screen problem with the N5. I bought a Nexus 5 last week only because part of my N4's screen stopped responding to touch after having it for only 14 months from new.

RootTheMachine

Oct 4, 2011
I hope we are not going to get this part functioning screen problem with the N5. I bought a Nexus 5 last week only because part of my N4's screen stopped responding to touch after having it for only 14 months from new.

If it's happened to two of your devices, maybe it's something you're doing to it.

Edit: disregard, I mistook you for OP.