Quick noob question?

Search This thread

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Ok so i want to flash a rom to my rooted rezound and my computer died- I have a asus Windows 8.1 tablet- can I use my tablet to flash roms? Any input is appreciated- thanks

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
No. Windows 8/8.1 is not a supported operating system for the Rezound.

Are you S-ON or S-OFF? What recovery do you have installed?

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
I'm S-ON and the phone came with amon ra 3.13 pre-installed (I bought it already rooted)... I was told that in order to use TWRP all I had to do was download it and it would become my new recovery?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

no you have to fastboot flash it with a windows 7 computer since your s-on...and also the recovery depends on rom...if your on Ice cream sandwhich or lower you want amon ra 3.16 only.....if Jelly bean or higher you want TWRP or CWM latest

acejavelin

Although there are some possible ways to flash recovery and Roms when S-On and without a Win 7 or similar PC it is very risky... If anything goes wrong at all, you will need access to a Win 7/XP machine or could brick it. Honestly I would recommend not attempting further modification of your phone without access to a PC with working Linux, Mac, or PC Windows (7 or earlier) with working fastboot.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

scy1192

Apr 12, 2012
Flashing ROMs and everything works just fine in Windows 8.1, although you might need an update to your USB controller drivers. Most computers that ship with Windows 8.1 won't use the screwy generic ones, so you should be fine using your tablet.

Snuzzo

Account currently disabled
Dec 31, 2010
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
no you have to fastboot flash it with a windows 7 computer since your s-on...and also the recovery depends on rom...if your on Ice cream sandwhich or lower you want amon ra 3.16 only.....if Jelly bean or higher you want TWRP or CWM latest

Incorrect. Get the GooManager app, touch the menu button choose install OpenRecoveryScript. You can flash boot.img's and recovery.img's even if s-on while you're booted into a rom.

Reactions: undeadking

Snuzzo

Dec 31, 2010
t.me
If your s off, my scripts may only function on jb/ICS ROMs. They are untested on kitkat, search android development for Lunar Tools.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Snuzzo

Dec 31, 2010
t.me
Ok so S-Off is required to flash roms through goo manager? Im actually trying to flash your kit kat rom and it says that it installed properly but when I reboot im stuck on white htc screen

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This is why I said s off or twrp dumlock due to being s on and no PC access/no external sdcard. Need to flash boot.img. hope you still have your prior ROMs zip.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Incorrect. Get the GooManager app, touch the menu button choose install OpenRecoveryScript. You can flash boot.img's and recovery.img's even if s-on while you're booted into a rom.