Warranty void info

Search This thread

coolkoushik07

Oct 26, 2009
Kolkata
Hi, as this is my first sony phone so I am not familiar with sony.. So I have a question in my mind.. If I ask for bootloader unlock code from sony by filling up imei in the official sony website, will they void my warranty? Or they will only check if I have really unlocked it or not?!

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact (D5503)

Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
Ok bro thanks for ur info.. I was just worried as motorola used to void warranty when u ask for unlock code...

Legally it will depend on your countrys laws if they can void your warranty on those grounds or not. But generally, the service center will check if the phone has been unlocked or not, and base your warranty status on that. I had some issues recently with my Z1C, it wasn't waterproof and I had installed CyanogenMod. It wasn't bootable when I sent it, but when it arrived it booted into CyanogenMod and they almost denied me service on those grounds so I called them up and asked them to test the waterproofness which they did and I am now waiting on a new phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quoted from http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/
    Please note that you may void the warranty of your device and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader.

'Signing' up for bootloader unlock code does not mean that you really will/want/have (to) unlock(ed) the bootloader.
    Ok bro thanks for ur info.. I was just worried as motorola used to void warranty when u ask for unlock code...

Legally it will depend on your countrys laws if they can void your warranty on those grounds or not. But generally, the service center will check if the phone has been unlocked or not, and base your warranty status on that. I had some issues recently with my Z1C, it wasn't waterproof and I had installed CyanogenMod. It wasn't bootable when I sent it, but when it arrived it booted into CyanogenMod and they almost denied me service on those grounds so I called them up and asked them to test the waterproofness which they did and I am now waiting on a new phone.