ROM Factory v1.7.1[May/12/2012 apk]

Search This thread

samcripp

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2010
Sanford
Yeah. I've tried pulling one off my galaxy nexus and my g2x both throw errors about file sizes when I try to extract or add files to them. Never seen the issue before and was wondering if I was the only one having it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

have you tried using a different computer?

samcripp

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2010
Sanford
v1.7.1

- Auto-lock: Locks the application during ROM creation

- UI Tweaks: Added a finish() method to ease reloading of variables

+ New EULA, First Installation screen.

+ Dropbox integration has started!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEWrf.png

And thank you all for your Ad clicking and donations. You guys are awesome!
    Android Market Link [free]
    ROM Factory

What is ROM Factory?
    Its a tool that will allow the user to create a picture perfect .img from your boot and system partition. It will then create an update.zip from it.
    What is a "Fruit Cake"?
    A fruit cake is the finish product, a self contain rom, already ready for installation, already inside an update.zip.
    So really what does it do?
    It allows a bootloader unlocked user to create a full copy of their boot and system partition. All of it, including mods and changes done to either one of those partitions.
    Can this be use for easier rom development?
    Yes! Beyond just its normal capabilities! After installing the resources you can modify the script and add things to it in *sdcard* /fcm/workdir! Once you are done adding and changing things in there, press "Create ROM".

Supported Devices:

olympus (atrix), sunfire (photon), triumph, WX435, fb0 (triumph), p999 (lg g2x), p990 (lg o2x), p970 (lg optimus black), ace (htc desired hd), pyramid (htc sensation), galaxys2, GT-I9100, GT-I9100M, GT-I9100T, SGH-I777, SGH-I727, hercules, crespo (nexus s), crespo4g (nexus s 4g), toro (cdma galaxy nexus), maguro (gsm galaxy nexus)

Experimental Support:

umts_jordan(defy), wingray, stingray (xoom)

Your phone must be rooted!

Step One: Press the Install Resources button on screen.
    Patience this step could take up to 5 minutes.

Step Two: Press the Create Fruit Cake button on the screen.
    Patience this step could take up to 5 minutes.​

You use this application at your own risk, I am in no way responsible for any damage this application causes.
    Is this apk the reason for all the new roms lately?

Nvidia always!

No.

One of the biggest reasons is that Whitehawkx released some of his personally written files to ease porting of MIUI from the O2X, so now there are a dozen and a half MIUI variants. The others just happen to be around - people have a lot of spare time during December it seems.
    I'm currently waiting on Google.

I submitted the new version into the market, but somehow i ended up with an older version being available for download. hopefully this issue will be solved soon. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.