[MOD] TabletUI for SL I9003 (Currently only for AOKP)

Search This thread

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
Dear friends,
A few days before I came across something amazing (see Title ;)) and I decided to try it on our phone. It worked but had some major issues with Phone like No SMS, No Data, etc. This thing attracted me so much that I have spent last few days to find that perfect thing for our phone. I tried to edit it myself but just like before I kept failing at decompiling and especially recompiling apks :(
Anyways today I have found and gathered almost Perfect solution (after numerous failed attempts for our phones) with almost everything working except one.
I will let the pictures do the talking. Its pure awesome
zXsLg.png

nWLhI.png

WshtU.png

WHGKZ.png

SDrNo.png

8ZyqH.png

So.....liked it ;) Well I very much did :)

Whats working :
Data
SMS
Play Store
Dialer (it does not crash)
Full UI

Whats new :
New Gmail
New GTalk
New Email
All apps which have TabletUI will load into that like TweetCaster
Overall its entirely different experience.

What's not working :
This
MnvGg.png

Now I know that we are very close and it needs just very simple change somewhere in Phone.apk to enable Voice Calling but I am dumb enough not to know that :(
May be experienced (in xml editing especially) Devs like Frankstein, UT36104, Lolation, Fuss and others could solve it in no time and give us perfectly working Phone.apk :)

How to install :
1. TAKE A BACKUP
2. Reboot into Recovery
3. Flash the zip
4. Clear Cache and Dalvik Cache (under Advanced)
5. Reboot
6. Change LCD density to 128 (last option in LCD Density screen. Select Custom in the end of the list)
7. Reboot
8. Wait for few minutes after boot
9. Set Font Size to HUGE.
10. Now clear Market data (System Settings>Apps>All>Google Play Store>Clear Data)
11. Smile :)

Also attached is the Restore (CWM Flashable) zip by our dear Frankstein to restore back to Normal(Phone) Mode. Dont forget to change LCD Density to 240 after flashing Restore zip. Dont forget to say THANKS to Frankstein here :)

What next :
If people contribute (since I am worse than a kid when coding, etc comes) we can fine tune it a lot and make it look more comfortable and extremely beautiful. Its already usable for me :)
What we can do
1. Increase the size of Navigation Bar
2. Remove padding in App Drawer (its cut-off from sides)
3. Increase font size slightly
And much more........

Full credit goes to Xylograph and another unknown Dev. Respect and Thank to you !

Hope it is good :)

Attachments

• TabletUI_edited.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 85
  • restore.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:

neil05

Aug 13, 2011
Cabanatuan City
nice work sir. i tried this mode on my s2. im happy that you port it on SL I9003. now my SL will have tablet mode also.thanks!

luiseteyo

Oct 24, 2011
Madrid
I think its a great idea to adapt everything to the size of our fingers and the screen! Good job dude!!

EDIT: Didn't work for me man, I applied it from recovery, wipe cache but nothing

Last edited:

shail139

Feb 19, 2012
Kolkata
First of all let me tell u....u r amzing and doing some great +ve stuffs for our device and the i9003 community.......!!!!

My query: will this mode be additional to the normal mode or after flashing this device will have only this tablate mode only....coz i think the tablate mode will work only in landscape mode means 90 degree rotated mode only......!!!

I hope u have got what my query is

:)

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium

Reactions: silentvisitor

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
@shail
You are so kind with your words :)
I just try to contribute little with my near to non-existent knowledge.
Regarding your queries
After flashing you shall have only Tablet mode but very easy to restore.
Tablet Mode will work in both Landscape and Portrait work just like normal phone.
Use it for some time and you will love it especially new apps :)

@Frankstein
Thank you so much bro !
I forgot to upload Restore zip and you just supported me so quick. Thanks :)
Frank, please solve this problem. Have a look into Phone.apk and enable Voice calls. Should not take you much time :)
Adding your zip to First post with Credit to you :)

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
Is there any little thicker font for our phone ? I think that will look even better with this mod. Try out guys and share :)

bscraze

Aug 14, 2011
Singapore
Great job! Your near existent knowledge is still better than my non-existent knowledge of android :(:p

Cheers:)

Sent from my GT-i9003 powered by Stable and Smooth CyanogenMod 9!

shail139

Feb 19, 2012
Kolkata
@shail
You are so kind with your words :)
I just try to contribute little with my near to non-existent knowledge.
Regarding your queries
After flashing you shall have only Tablet mode but very easy to restore.
Tablet Mode will work in both Landscape and Portrait work just like normal phone.
Use it for some time and you will love it especially new apps :)

Really it was awesome......But had to revert back to original mode due to voice calling issue, but really Gmail, Email & Gtalk application in this mode was awesome.....!!

I wish if we could use these two application in its Tablate format with normal mode under 200 DPI.......!!

Hope u will give a try to it if possible

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
Yesss......
I think I have enabled the Voice Calls too but once again got stuck at same point - Recompiling. Can somebody help me with this ?
I am using latest aapt, apktool 1.4.3 (also tried 1.4.2, 1.4.1), smali 1.3.2 and baksmali 1.3.2

@shail
That will be great but not that easy as apps read density from Build.prop (as I know) and we can't have per-app density there. Although it can be achieved by directing apps to read Density from different config file but that's out of my scope :(
I have ideas but not skills to implement them. Sorry :(

shail139

Feb 19, 2012
Kolkata
Yesss......
I think I have enabled the Voice Calls too but once again got stuck at same point - Recompiling. Can somebody help me with this ?
I am using latest aapt, apktool 1.4.3 (also tried 1.4.2, 1.4.1), smali 1.3.2 and baksmali 1.3.2

@shail
That will be great but not that easy as apps read density from Build.prop (as I know) and we can't have per-app density there. Although it can be achieved by directing apps to read Density from different config file but that's out of my scope :(

C'mon no need to say sorry.....
May be someday u will be able to implement ur ideas with the help of some senior members who are having knowledge of playing with these things...!!

what u did is awesome

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear friends,
    A few days before I came across something amazing (see Title ;)) and I decided to try it on our phone. It worked but had some major issues with Phone like No SMS, No Data, etc. This thing attracted me so much that I have spent last few days to find that perfect thing for our phone. I tried to edit it myself but just like before I kept failing at decompiling and especially recompiling apks :(
    Anyways today I have found and gathered almost Perfect solution (after numerous failed attempts for our phones) with almost everything working except one.
    I will let the pictures do the talking. Its pure awesome
    zXsLg.png

nWLhI.png

WshtU.png

WHGKZ.png

SDrNo.png

8ZyqH.png

So.....liked it ;) Well I very much did :)

Whats working :
    Data
    SMS
    Play Store
    Dialer (it does not crash)
    Full UI

Whats new :
    New Gmail
    New GTalk
    New Email
    All apps which have TabletUI will load into that like TweetCaster
    Overall its entirely different experience.

What's not working :
    This
    MnvGg.png

Now I know that we are very close and it needs just very simple change somewhere in Phone.apk to enable Voice Calling but I am dumb enough not to know that :(
    May be experienced (in xml editing especially) Devs like Frankstein, UT36104, Lolation, Fuss and others could solve it in no time and give us perfectly working Phone.apk :)

How to install :
    1. TAKE A BACKUP
    2. Reboot into Recovery
    3. Flash the zip
    4. Clear Cache and Dalvik Cache (under Advanced)
    5. Reboot
    6. Change LCD density to 128 (last option in LCD Density screen. Select Custom in the end of the list)
    7. Reboot
    8. Wait for few minutes after boot
    9. Set Font Size to HUGE.
    10. Now clear Market data (System Settings>Apps>All>Google Play Store>Clear Data)
    11. Smile :)

Also attached is the Restore (CWM Flashable) zip by our dear Frankstein to restore back to Normal(Phone) Mode. Dont forget to change LCD Density to 240 after flashing Restore zip. Dont forget to say THANKS to Frankstein here :)

What next :
    If people contribute (since I am worse than a kid when coding, etc comes) we can fine tune it a lot and make it look more comfortable and extremely beautiful. Its already usable for me :)
    What we can do
    1. Increase the size of Navigation Bar
    2. Remove padding in App Drawer (its cut-off from sides)
    3. Increase font size slightly
    And much more........

Full credit goes to Xylograph and another unknown Dev. Respect and Thank to you !

Hope it is good :)
    And restore to original :)
    Yesss......

@shail
    First of all let me tell u....u r amzing and doing some great +ve stuffs for our device and the i9003 community.......!!!!

My query: will this mode be additional to the normal mode or after flashing this device will have only this tablate mode only....coz i think the tablate mode will work only in landscape mode means 90 degree rotated mode only......!!!

I hope u have got what my query is

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium
    Nice work bro...:) I'll also try to see what I can do with the phone.apk

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA