[ROM][4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10 for HTC One XL

Search This thread

subarudroid

Jun 18, 2011
SL,UT
I flashed CM 10.0 evita.... and flashed gapps, but my phone won't boot

I have 1.09 HBOOT with S-OFF, it boot loops on HTC screen, I also tried flashing boot.img just to give it a try, but it still will not boot.

I just restored my ViperXL backup but the memory in my rom is cleared :/

Wipe system,cache's. Then flash.

Sent from my HOX w/CM10.1 4.2.2 s-off :)

Viper4713

Feb 7, 2013
Wipe system,cache's. Then flash.

I did, wiped everything, flashed cm10.... flashed gapps... reboot... it reboots HTC logo over and over, I even wiped boot cache in fastboot

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

I believe the current version of TWRP is the problem. Install TWRP 2.3.3.1 (link)through fastboot and try reinstalling CM10.

That said, I recommend trying the CM10.1 M2 build instead

This did not seem to work :(

subarudroid

Jun 18, 2011
SL,UT
I did, wiped everything, flashed cm10.... flashed gapps... reboot... it reboots HTC logo over and over, I even wiped boot cache in fastboot

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

This did not seem to work :(

Perhaps a corrupt zip download? I'm s-off 1.09hboot I've flashed back and forth several times without fastboot flash boot boot.IMG. hmmmm.......

Viper4713

Feb 7, 2013
Perhaps a corrupt zip download? I'm s-off 1.09hboot I've flashed back and forth several times without fastboot flash boot boot.IMG. hmmmm.......

I redownloaded the zips again with still no luck :( this makes no sense, ViperXL boots fine but TWRP won't restore it correctly so I have to go threw the first set up again every time I try

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Any other advice?
This makes no sense why this won't flash correctly, Hboot 1.09 and S-OFF should have no limitations.
I have tried TWRP 2.3.3.1 and 2.4.3.0, but regardless TWRP is buggy!

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

The only thing I can think of is that I have 3.17 radio, I got it from the ViperXL thread, is it possible this is the problem? idk because it will not even boot to CM boot animation, just boots HTC logo over and over

boomn

Feb 2, 2011
I redownloaded the zips again with still no luck :( this makes no sense, ViperXL boots fine but TWRP won't restore it correctly so I have to go threw the first set up again every time I try

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Any other advice?
This makes no sense why this won't flash correctly, Hboot 1.09 and S-OFF should have no limitations.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

The only thing I can think of is that I have 3.17 radio, I got it from the ViperXL thread, is it possible this is the problem? idk because it will not even boot to CM boot animation, just boots HTC logo over and over

Cyanogen uses it's own separate radio files that are included in the ROM, so I don't think flashing that Sense radio should be causing any problems

Viper4713

Feb 7, 2013
Cyanogen uses it's own separate radio files that are included in the ROM, so I don't think flashing that Sense radio should be causing any problems

Ok thank you, I tried CM10.1 M2 and it worked :/ but there is bugs and AwesomeBeats doesn't work at all, at least with PowerAMP
I can't believe they consider CM10.0 a stable build, it doesn't even boot for so many people

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal

Any other advice?

I was just helping someone in Q&A with the same issue but on 1.14 s-off. He is currently about to run 3.18 RUU and then downgrade touchscreen to see if he can flash this. i will post here when he updates his thread.

**EDIT**

So for people having trouble booting: it seems the OP from Q&A was able to resolve his issue by: S-OFF, RUU to 3.18, install TWRP 2.3.x, Downgrade touch panel firmware, flash this rom.

I have a feeling compatibility has to do with the hboot as opposed to the ROM itself.

Good luck, I hope this helps people

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

No new weekly builds will be created on get.cm, as we can only have 4.1 or 4.2 and we are already on 4.2.2 nightlies (please see my signature to a link to CM10.1). You can still use CM10 to your heart's content, there just will not be any further builds.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is the official Weekly Build of CM10 for the AT&T HTC One X / HTC One XL.

Installation Instructions
    1. Go to http://get.cm/?device=evita and download the latest CM10 weekly.
    2. Locate Gapps via a quick Google search.
    3. Fully wipe your device from Recovery if you are not coming from CM10 already.
    4. Reboot into recovery and install.

Changelog
    • You can find the latest Changelog here
    *Cough* Anyways! I'm happy that you're accepting input from the community on these issues! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing a more stable new build of this ROM!

On an entirely unrelated note, have you touched FM radio or Google Wallet recently? I'm just curious, having no real need for either myself, but it seems like they were discussed earlier and then sort of dropped.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Well, I put a ton of hours into figuring out Google Wallet....and I'm at a loss currently. I tabled it instead of pounding my head against the wall. I dont know enough about what AT&T does to the NFC Secure element to know if they could have locked it to Isis or not. Part of me believes this, the other part believes that if that was the case, the SGS2 would not have been able to use Gwallet either.

As far as FM Radio goes, there is some other magic we are focusing on first before jumping on this again (put alot of hours into that as well, not nearly as many as Gwallet though).

Right now, the reason no one has seen any new, must have features added in the last bit is because qcom finally open sourced prima_wlan (woo hoo!) so we are getting the ville, jewel, and evita kernels merged into one, rather than three branches. This is very important so we can get this sucker patched up to current day.

Why is this important? This enables us to obtain HW VSYNC (aka Project Butter), HDMI out truly fixed, USB OTG *with* powered 5V out of USB (this means, no more Y cable and no more powered USB hubs to get USB stuff to work!), plus tons of other goodies (Yes, that coveted 100mb of RAM that is allocated for PMEM will finally be freed up for you RAM junkies).

These are huge, and the kernel has pretty much been tabled while we were all piecing together everything else. Now its the main course...so you may feel like 'nothing is getting done' for a little bit. That should be exactly what it should feel like. That means we aren't breaking things while moving to a newer kernel and patching up to the newest.

Thanks for your understanding,
    -h8rift
    Reserved

FAQs
    Q: My paid application (ex Swype, Swiftkey, Beautiful Widgets) is not there/set by default after a reboot.
    A: This is a known Jellybean problem. See here for more details.

Q: Face Unlock isn't working?
    A: Use Formula84's Gapps. You can find them with a quick google search :).

Q: Got wakelocks?
    A: Stop using Facebook and Google Maps. Seriously though, CM10 is not feature complete yet...this stuff is gonna happen.

Q: My signal strength says 4G. Why is there no LTE?
    A: E=Edge, 3G = UMTS, H = HSPA/HSPA+, 4G = LTE

Q: My Notification LEDs dont seem to work right?
    A: Go to Settings -> Display -> Notification LEDs -> Add each application you want to have a notification for -> Set it to green color and long. (thanks to Richard V. for digging through this!)

Shoutouts
    intervigil - Being a freaking genius.
    xkonni - For also being a freaking genius, and making me laugh while I should be working.
    toastcfh - Evo LTE maintainer. All around great guy!
    vinvinvinster - Getting me back into Android development and initial CM9 port!
    rohan - Awesome dude, breaks his back (and his laptop) to bring you guys AOKP.
    dzo - A coding BEAST! Thanks for the camera HAL!

CyanogenMod Wiki
    HTC One XL (evita)
    FYI guys. We've merged into CM mainline now. Waiting to be added to the lunch menu for CM10 nightlies (CM10 Nightlies started today for other devices!) :).

Next things I am trying to tinker with are:

Needed:
    * Video Camera of course

Then:
    * FM Radio
    * Google Wallet
    * Bugs

Thanks,
    -h8
    Guys....relax on GPS. We are looking into the wake lock caused by it. Its writing close to 12k lines per second in log cat while its on.

Personally I never use it, so it didn't cause me any issues.

BTW...next build has camera (including panorama), phone/speaker audio volume, SIM unlock fixes ;). Hope to have this up tonight for you :).

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app