News about Jelly Bean 4.3 and KitKat 4.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

chewlohseng

Jun 27, 2013
Singapore
Ya really we all should have bought something else (¬_¬)
This is my last Sony phone thats for sure. Even if i had bought a Z or sth else (if i had the money) I would have been stuck with a Buggy Kitkat version... So whats the point (¬________¬)

Buggy software is due to Google's Play Services not because of KitKat for Z line, get it right. Xperia SP is because of it's unique hardware.

So next week? ya if this update doesnt cut it um definitely gonna go sell this phone. What luck (;一_一)

Sell and get cheap Sam**** with laggy software and never get software updates forever then. And I'm going to see how you react.

Goodbye, don't want to see you again!

tomxii

May 28, 2014
Bangkok
Sell and get cheap Sam**** with laggy software and never get software updates forever then. And I'm going to see how you react.

Goodbye, don't want to see you again!

Ok so a Samsung s4 is laggy. I honestly didn't knw. Well than I'll switch to a LG Nexus 5. But gonna have to buy second hand though. And really what's the point sticking with the Sp? I mean it's laggy even with the updates. Face it Sony didn't make a proper update till now due to its weird hardware. If you think I'm the only 1 complaining you are dead wrong. But if Sony really pulls out with a good update next week or later I'll definitely change my opinion XD

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

Ok so a Samsung s4 is laggy. I honestly didn't knw. Well than I'll switch to a LG Nexus 5. But gonna have to buy second hand though. And really what's the point sticking with the Sp? I mean it's laggy even with the updates. Face it Sony didn't make a proper update till now due to its weird hardware. If you think I'm the only 1 complaining you are dead wrong. But if Sony really pulls out with a good update next week or later I'll definitely change my opinion XD

Edit: xperia sp's hardware is pretty good though. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. It gets pretty good benchmark scores. I really hope Sony makes a proper update for its unique hardware.

Reactions: tomgv

pranavthombare

Jul 24, 2013
Ahmedabad
just give us a kitkat update, buggy or not , atleast we can have the kernel and use it for making roms for LBL:p
I think sony is waiting for google i/o .maybe, but if it comes, we should not complain for the bugs :p they gave us what we wanted and then later devs here can fix them

tomxii

May 28, 2014
Bangkok
just give us a kitkat update, buggy or not , atleast we can have the kernel and use it for making roms for LBL:p
I think sony is waiting for google i/o .maybe, but if it comes, we should not complain for the bugs :p they gave us what we wanted and then later devs here can fix them

Ya if they do it will show that they are at least faithful. People are signing petitions, requesting. Etc. The thing is I would really prefer a good working and fluid version of the 4.3 first than move on to the kitkat. But you knw what's the sad thing. The senior members and also recognized developer of this site have contacted Sony devs and they said they don't have any plans for updating XSP to kitkat AT THE MOMENT. Maybe later in July hopefully.

alexmolhi

Oct 16, 2013
Kit Kat oficiall confirmation

Hi, this man post this screenshot in the facebook's comunnity of Xperia SP

Amazing news!!! kit kat is confirmed for July officialy!!!!

Sorry, i can't post the screenshot, i am a new user

Sorry for bad english

MAIL:

upport Sign up Software Update

Dear Mohamed,
Thank you for contacting the Sony Xperia support centre.
In regards to your query about when KitKat 4.4 will be released for the Xperia SP, please find the below:
Kindly note that KitKat 4.4 update will be available for Xperia SP within July-2014.
For the latest news, information and product support please visit
If you require any further assistance then please do not hesitate to respond to this email.
In Jordan dial 0800 22023
In Bahrain dial 8000 47 94
In UAE dial +97143919880
In Egypt dial 16727
In Saudi Arabia dial 800-8200-727
Please be aware that should you not respond within 5 days of this email your query will be automatically closed. Any further communications will not reach our support and a new query will need to be raised.
Kind Regards,
Shehab El Din Mohamed
Sony Xperia Customer Services
Contact Us | Legal
Copyright © 2012 Sony Mobile Communications AB. All rights reserved

Amotefaena

Mar 10, 2014
Valencia
RLY??

Sorry for bad english

MAIL:

Dear Mohamed,
In regards to your query about when KitKat 4.4 will be released for the Xperia SP, please find the below:
Kindly note that KitKat 4.4 update will be available for Xperia SP within July-2014.
If you require any further assistance then please do not hesitate to respond to this email.
In UAE dial +97143919880
In Egypt dial 16727
Please be aware that should you not respond within 5 days of this email your query will be automatically closed. Any further communications will not reach our support and a new query will need to be raised.
Kind Regards,
Shehab El Din Mohamed
Contact Us | Legal

Is this true??? too many fakes have been before, i don't know if believe you man. I hope Sony will bring us a KK without bugs (Too much for Sony hahaha)

Styxyn

Jun 29, 2013
Do you have the link of the message ? Why does the copyright mention 2012 in the message ?

Sent from my Xperia SP using Tapatalk

QBerto

Sep 30, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Sorry for bad english

MAIL:

Dear Mohamed,
In UAE dial +97143919880
In Egypt dial 16727
Kind Regards,
Shehab El Din Mohamed
Contact Us | Legal

You can upload image using the forum tool, in the Atach Files below Additional Options below the message box in the reply page xD

Hadrien2014

Jun 10, 2014
Hello,

Sorry for my english, i'm french.
Here the capture of mail from Xperia Care.
Do you think it's a fake ?
Hadrien.

Attachments

• XSP.jpg
    XSP.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 507

feromgar

Feb 14, 2014
Barranquilla
It does look legit but we should know by now how people in costumer service don't have any idea about updates. This is true for any company not just Sony.

Sent from my C5306 using XDA Free mobile app

Levered

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2012
Malaysia
levered.webs.com
can anyone confirm about this massage true or fake!!!!:confused:

It does look legit but we should know by now how people in costumer service don't have any idea about updates. This is true for any company not just Sony.

Sent from my C5306 using XDA Free mobile app

That email is true, but we need from sony official. I think maybe them make mistakes for this email.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

JetArmstrong

Sorry for bad english

MAIL:

Dear Mohamed,
In UAE dial +97143919880
In Egypt dial 16727
Kind Regards,
Shehab El Din Mohamed
Contact Us | Legal

I think its fake cause in the support page it says"Copyright © 2011-2014 Sony Mobile Communications AB. All rights reserved."

Last edited:

lee480

Jun 24, 2012
Information from Sony forum reps, support chat, email staff and Facebook pages are one of the most unreliable sources for information regarding Android updates. Just ask the old guards (Xperia S era) and you'll know.

I think it's time to resign to the fact that Android 4.3 will be the last update for Xperia SP.

Sent from my Xperia ion using XDA Free mobile app

samarth05

Dec 11, 2013
Pune

Sorry for bad english

MAIL:

Dear Mohamed,
In UAE dial +97143919880
In Egypt dial 16727
Kind Regards,
Shehab El Din Mohamed
Contact Us | Legal

99℅ this news is a fake.. Don't actually believe on this support members or the customer care of Sony , they always give false news.

tomxii

May 28, 2014
Bangkok

I think its fake cause in the support page it says"Copyright © 2011-2014 Sony Mobile Communications AB. All rights reserved"

Ya i was thinking that aswell plus isnt it a bit weird only junior members with 1 or 2 posts are posting this? i foundd that really weird :confused:

Information from Sony forum reps, support chat, email staff and Facebook pages are one of the most unreliable sources for information regarding Android updates. Just ask the old guards (Xperia S era) and you'll know.

I think it's time to resign to the fact that Android 4.3 will be the last update for Xperia SP.

Sent from my Xperia ion using XDA Free mobile app

Ya i have no problem if they provide a good fluid/fast version of the 4.3 where bravia engine works properly aswell XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts