[PORT][CM11s][ROM][4.4]CM11s for CODINA by |FORCEware|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Furrydaus

Jul 6, 2014
Singapore
NEVER SETTLE as the Unofficial CyanogenMod 11s port for CODINA is now here! Powered by FORCEware!

Announcements:
TEST VERSION
This ROM will have slow development until OCTOBER

What is CyanogenMOD?
CyanogenMod (pronounced sigh-AN-oh-jen-mod), is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices . Based on the Android Open Source Project, CyanogenMod is designed to increase performance and reliability over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers such as Google, T-Mobile, HTC, etc. CyanogenMod also offers a variety of features & enhancements that are not currently found in these versions of Android.​

What is CyanogenMOD 11s?
Find out more about CyanogenMOD 11s HERE

What is ONEPLUSONE?
Again, find out more about the ONEPLUSONE HERE

What is FORCEware?
FORCEware is a set of ROM's that are further customized and improved upon their predecessors by me, Furrydaus. This ROM is the SECOND ROM developed under the FORCEware name and aims to bring you the best out of ROMS for your device! The First FORCEware is for the XSP and it is a PORT for CM11s too. Check it out here: [LINK]http://xdaforums.com/xperia-sp/development/port-forceware-unofficial-t2859792[/LINK]​

Definitions for Noobs
Here's a list of things new users want to take note of to inform you of things:
  • ROM: A ROM is a Customized Version Of Android [You should know this by now]
  • Flash: Flash is the term to describe the process of installing something into your device
  • Root: Root is defined as the 'Administrator Mode' for Android
  • CWM/PHILZ/TWRP: This are the recoveries that are used to flash things to your device
  • Soft-Brick: A soft-brick will make your device useless as there isn't any android system installed. To recover from a soft-brick, refer to guides that show you how to recover using ODIN
  • To learn more, USE GOOGLE SEARCH

XDA:DevDB Information
CM11s for CODINA |FORCEware|, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Ace II

Contributors
Furrydaus
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Firmware Required: CWM Recovery and everything needed for CM installation
Based On: FORCEware CM11s for XSP

Version Information

Created 2014-09-04
Last Updated 2014-09-04

Furrydaus

Jul 6, 2014
Singapore
Features, Bugs and Ideas

Features
Here are a list of features in this ROM:
  • Key Features from CM11s [Camera, Lockscreen, Theme Engine and MORE!]
  • Based on CM11 by Team Canjica
  • CyanogenMod 11 Features
  • Zip-Aligned and Signed
  • Integrated GApps
  • OTA Updates
  • Tweaks to build.prop and init.d

BUGS

• Nothing reported as of 4/9/14

FUTURE Release Ideas

• Integrated PurePerformancesX
  • More ideas? Suggest your ideas in the thread!

Last edited:
Reactions: Alwer

Furrydaus

Jul 6, 2014
Singapore
Disclaimer

Disclaimer
Code:
Disclaimer:
This Agreement contains the complete and entire understanding and agreement between you and the
providers of this ROM ("Licensor") and supersedes any previous communications, representations, or
agreements, verbal or written, related to the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may not
be modified or amended orally, impliedly, or in any manner not set forth in writing or permitted by this
Agreement. This Agreement may be amended by Licensor at any time and without notice.

License Grant

READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR
USING THE CONTENT. Licensor hereby grants to you, and you accept, a nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use the
content only as authorized in this License Agreement.

Prohibited Acts

Except as authorized in this Agreement, no portions of this ROM that are not bound by CyanogenMOD, Google or OnePlus may be distributed
by you or any person under your authority or control. You agree that you will not assign, sublicense,
transfer, pledge, sell, lease, rent, lend, or otherwise dispose of the portions of this ROM, or
any part thereof, or share your rights under this License Agreement, including passwords and user
names. I reserve the right to deny access to any person if he/she does not abide by the GPL

No Warranty

THE CONTENT IS LICENSED "AS IS," AND LICENSOR DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, AND/OR
USE OF THIS ROM DEMONSTRATES COMPLIANCE WITH ALL TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.

No Guarantee of Correctness - No Legal Advice - No Medical Advice
The ROM has been prepared and/or obtained for general information and entertainment purposes only
and is not intended to provide legal, medical, tax, or professional advice. You acknowledge that its owners, partners, employees, officers, directors, attorneys, and agents do not promise or guarantee
that the ROM is correct, complete, or up-to-date. There is no guarantee that the ROM is correct,
complete, or up-to-date for any specific circumstance.

Extended Disclaimer by CyanogenMod:
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Last edited:

Furrydaus

Jul 6, 2014
Singapore
Installation Process

Installation Instructions
  1. READ the WHOLE THREAD
  2. Download Firmware from Download Section.
  3. Transfer ROM to SDCARD
  4. Reboot into CWM
  5. Backup current system to SDCARD1
  6. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
  7. Wipe Cache Partition
  8. Wipe Dalvik Cache
  9. Flash (Install) ROM
  10. When system is incompatible, installation of ROM will stop to prevent damage to ur device. (If this happens, restore your backup)
  11. Reboot System
  12. Android will launch to show that you've succesfully installed the ROM! (or recovered)
  13. Enjoy!

Host Status: Online! | LIVE |

Host Announcement: None
Download Section:

Last edited:

Furrydaus

Jul 6, 2014
Singapore
Changelog

Changelog
Code:
[LIST]
[*]| Alpha V4 - BUG FIX UPDATE |
[*]Added new lines of code to fix some wifi + mobile data performance issues
[*]Added battery life tweaks
[*]Dalvik Cache Improvements ported from other ROMs
[*]UI Stuttering Bug Fixed
[*]Bootup time decreased slightly by a couple of seconds
[*]Graphics performance improved
[*]Updates some pre-installed applications
[/LIST]
[*]| Alpha V1 |
[*]Improved Updater Script
[*]Torch.apk Fix
[*]build.prop tweaks
[*]Latest Minimalistic GApps
[*]Notification Light Support for more colors
[*]New Compatibility Checker
[*]Battery Tweaks
[*]OTA Prototype
[*]Improved Phone Security with updated certificates
[*]Improved Bandwith
[*]Improved Mobile Data
[/LIST]

Version Notes
Code:
None as of the moment

Last edited:
Reactions: Alwer and arroyo

danny19901

Nov 4, 2010
Stockton-On-Tees
If this boots I will defiantly give it a try

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

CM from ROX and some parts of my own port ;)

Sent with the XDA Premium Application for the XPERIA SP running CM11s
Great work just out of curiosity where's V4 as it says in change log ?

OK tested and doesn't boot also boot animation lags badly and needs centring

Last edited:

judas1977

Mar 22, 2011
I don't want to complain and disencourage, but it's always good to test something before releasing it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEVER SETTLE as the Unofficial CyanogenMod 11s port for CODINA is now here! Powered by FORCEware!

Announcements:
    TEST VERSION
    This ROM will have slow development until OCTOBER

What is CyanogenMOD?
    CyanogenMod (pronounced sigh-AN-oh-jen-mod), is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices . Based on the Android Open Source Project, CyanogenMod is designed to increase performance and reliability over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers such as Google, T-Mobile, HTC, etc. CyanogenMod also offers a variety of features & enhancements that are not currently found in these versions of Android.​

What is CyanogenMOD 11s?
    Find out more about CyanogenMOD 11s HERE

What is ONEPLUSONE?
    Again, find out more about the ONEPLUSONE HERE

What is FORCEware?
    FORCEware is a set of ROM's that are further customized and improved upon their predecessors by me, Furrydaus. This ROM is the SECOND ROM developed under the FORCEware name and aims to bring you the best out of ROMS for your device! The First FORCEware is for the XSP and it is a PORT for CM11s too. Check it out here: [LINK]http://xdaforums.com/xperia-sp/development/port-forceware-unofficial-t2859792[/LINK]​

Definitions for Noobs
    Here's a list of things new users want to take note of to inform you of things:
    • ROM: A ROM is a Customized Version Of Android [You should know this by now]
    • Flash: Flash is the term to describe the process of installing something into your device
    • Root: Root is defined as the 'Administrator Mode' for Android
    • CWM/PHILZ/TWRP: This are the recoveries that are used to flash things to your device
    • Soft-Brick: A soft-brick will make your device useless as there isn't any android system installed. To recover from a soft-brick, refer to guides that show you how to recover using ODIN
    • To learn more, USE GOOGLE SEARCH

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM11s for CODINA |FORCEware|, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Ace II

Contributors
    Furrydaus
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Firmware Required: CWM Recovery and everything needed for CM installation
    Based On: FORCEware CM11s for XSP

Version Information

Created 2014-09-04
    Last Updated 2014-09-04
    Sorry to hear everyone is having problems. I'll address some of them here.

Firstly I'm not a fully fledged Galaxy Ace II Developer and you have to understand that this is my first development on a Samsung device and I'm trying to get used to how things work here.

Secondly this ROM is a port of my ROM for the Xperia SP and it as expected didn't turned out very well during boot. The bootloop fix is underway and please do understand this is a TEST. READ IN THE ANNOUNCEMENTS

Thirdly I condone the use of languages that violate the forum rules. For those who've used very unnecessary language I'm letting you off for now. If continued, I'm taking action. Believe me Im not afraid to lose supporters if they're unwilling to be courteous to others.

Fourth if youve have any experience with rom creation for Samsung devices, I can use assistance in development. Because again, im new to Samsung devices.

Fifth, I own a galaxy ace II and yes I'm mainly using my SONY device. Understand that I can't flash ROMs myself on my ace as I've given it to my cousin. Why I decide to develop this for the ace? Simply because I want to see how Samsung development goes.

If you've any more queries, please leave a message in the thread and I will attend to you shortly.

Regards,
    Furrydaus

Refer to the recent lengthy post I've posted in page 3

Yes, site THREE (3).

I wouldn't complain IF you wrote it in OP.

Instead of quoting bunch of useless licenses, you should write "big red" NOT TESTED in OP.

Some people just love to be a guinea pigs and installing every released ROM, but you have to understand, that people consider everything posted in development section to (at least) working/booting.

I don't support using bad language, but... people have right to complain just the same way as you have right to release UNTESTED things... (even if you do it for free).

It's always good to see new dev in our device section (even if he/she is just learning), but we have to keep some standards. Those standards were broken when people that didn't have codinas started to release untested ROMs (some of them have "personal" testers though, and - most important - making ROMs for similar devices - they have big chance to make working ROM).

You said, you wanted to learn how to make samsung custom ROMs - great, but as i said - you should test if it* (at least) is booting.

Sometime is better to focus on device you OWN instead to making other devices users happy by force...

@danny19901

Nfc.apk is present in sources of many ROMs, i don't think it's a factor here... AFAIR - i deleted it using option in local manifest in my ROMs...
    Changelog

Changelog
    Code:
    [LIST]
    [*]| Alpha V4 - BUG FIX UPDATE |
    [*]Added new lines of code to fix some wifi + mobile data performance issues
    [*]Added battery life tweaks
    [*]Dalvik Cache Improvements ported from other ROMs
    [*]UI Stuttering Bug Fixed
    [*]Bootup time decreased slightly by a couple of seconds
    [*]Graphics performance improved
    [*]Updates some pre-installed applications
    [/LIST]
    [*]| Alpha V1 |
    [*]Improved Updater Script
    [*]Torch.apk Fix
    [*]build.prop tweaks
    [*]Latest Minimalistic GApps
    [*]Notification Light Support for more colors
    [*]New Compatibility Checker
    [*]Battery Tweaks
    [*]OTA Prototype
    [*]Improved Phone Security with updated certificates
    [*]Improved Bandwith
    [*]Improved Mobile Data
    [/LIST]

Version Notes
    Code:
    None as of the moment
    The only reason i don't use cm 11 is live streaming. Is it working in this rom?