[ROM][ENG] TG01 Debranded Orange UK - 6.5.0 ROM v0.010 (11/04/2010) NEW LINK!

Search This thread

coolkat

Sep 5, 2007
Interesting one here, I have my TG01 linked to my exchange server at work....
-It worked fine on the Standard Orange 6.5 Rom
-I then installed the v.009 rom and my device would not connect to my work server
-flashed to v.010 still does not connect
-flashed back to standard 6.5 and works fine (although the way it deals with exchange forces a restart every few hours)

The exchange server forces a security policy (pw & encryption) which I assume is not supported in the home cooked roms I guess.

Anyone know of anything I am missing?

you need to install certificate from your exchange server. I think the original rom circumvents this.

artemis25

Sep 18, 2007
Hi

I use v0010 rom and i notice gps problem in IGO. The problem is reconect the gps. The program play good for while but after 1-2-3-5 min loose the signal and after 30 second find the signal.

What is the solution ....?

PS: i use in sys.txt file GPS virtserial
ps2 : I try to download gps data (via internal gps) and i take "failed to save downloaded gps data" message

Last edited:

(InsertNameHere)

Jan 11, 2010
Hi

I use v0010 rom and i notice gps problem in IGO. The problem is reconect the gps. The program play good for while but after 1-2-3-5 min loose the signal and after 30 second find the signal.

ps2 : I try to download gps data (via internal gps) and i take "failed to save downloaded gps data" message

I had this problem too, i do not know what the solution would be, i have changed rom now

arag0n85

Jul 29, 2009
Hi

GPS works properly, it's all about have the location set properly and the gps data updated. Using google maps once and then updating the "gps internal data" usually solves it.

artemis25

Sep 18, 2007
GPS works properly, it's all about have the location set properly and the gps data updated. Using google maps once and then updating the "gps internal data" usually solves it.

1. The GPS not work properly in 0010 version in my phone.
I install Igo8 . The gps work good for 2 -5 min and after loose the signal for 30 sec.

2. How can i update gps data ? Where i can set the location and how i using google maps (where is this software)

arag0n85

Jul 29, 2009
1. The GPS not work properly in 0010 version in my phone.
I install Igo8 . The gps work good for 2 -5 min and after loose the signal for 30 sec.

2. How can i update gps data ? Where i can set the location and how i using google maps (where is this software)

You can update the GPS data at settings -> system -> internal gps

And you can download google maps from m.google.com/maps

Google maps it's only needed if you can't download the data properly, because google maps updates the location information of the device. Anyways, this rom it's obsolet I guess, At least you need 6.5.0 over 6.5.5, you should update your rom to one of the latest 6.5.5.

artemis25

Sep 18, 2007
I go to settings - internal gps. And i take error (failed to download)

What you mean update 6.5.5 windows ? I had 6.5 wondiows before update your rom version 0010.

Can you test in version 0010 how properly work the gps ? (problem: reconect gps after 10-20 sec)

ps: software version 5005.0300.76
radio vers: 5001.0300.76
ce os 5.2.21876

Last edited:

Shujitzu

Nov 19, 2008
Hi artemis25
Im using the same version and im not having a problem with gps. i was getting the same error with the internal gps and the solution is just to get proper network setup for gprs. You can do this via network settings and choosing your operator or you can go to toshiba's website and send it from there. once you got the settings open the msg(both of them) and then soft reset. this should solve the rerror msg. im using google maps.

rajauk1

Apr 29, 2010
tg01

ok phone full charged and its ready to be flashed ...........totally new so scared of pin method ............ i dont no wot i am doing but here it goes :D

shad0wboss

Oct 6, 2010
Genève
Because i'm new to all this. Just saw that you can change language by installing UK ROM.

I'm about to buy TG01 so i need to know how i can install rom (safe?)

Also will it actually work and change the entire stuff into English? because the one i'll buy is French version.

bib*oops

Oct 15, 2009
Because i'm new to all this. Just saw that you can change language by installing UK ROM.

I'm about to buy TG01 so i need to know how i can install rom (safe?)

Also will it actually work and change the entire stuff into English? because the one i'll buy is French version.
For flashing new ROMs, read this:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=654674
By installing any wwe ROM vers, you'll have everything in english...

kevinpwhite

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 19, 2006
There is information in the thread in my sig regarding GPS. Also more details in Aragon85's thread from early investigations and understanding re GPS and AGPS.

Experience shows that if you set AGPS off everything else works well.

screamer333

Feb 14, 2007
i have AGPS is off by default, checked with HD2 tweak
checked registry it was 2, changed to 0, will tes later.

Last edited: