[BASEBAND] SmartFlash stock baseband release: 1035.21_20110725 (V20m version)

Search This thread

wapz

Jan 20, 2008
Managed to extract the baseband files from the KDZ upgrade, so here they are for your pleasure. Flash all four files in order from the largest to the smallest.

1. R375_SIC.fls
2. AENEAS_FW.fls
3. slb.fls
4. psi.fls

Please follow the instructions from Paul's thread here. You can also find the Smartflash tool and the drivers overthere.

To use P990 flash to flash this baseband:

• Download the utility file from Paul's thread.
  • Download the driver file from Paul's thread.
  • Download the baseband file below
  • Run the SmartFlashTool_P990.exe application on your PC
  • Turn device off, remove battery, plug device in while holding volume down - you should see a software update message on screen and the COM port should be filled automatically in the flash application below after installing the drivers if required.
  • Select the 'ROM Copy D/L' tab
  • Ensure 'Normal Mode' is selected
  • Ensure 'Erase CAL' is NOT selected
  • Click the browse button next to 'CP Bin:' and select the baseband (FLS) file
  • Click 'Start' and wait for the flash to complete
Please follow the last 6 steps for each of the four files.

Download the 0725 baseband from v20m here (multiupload). RIL for v20m is here.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE.

Last edited:

wapz

Jan 20, 2008
But the baseband is the same as in V20L?!

v20l and v20m prove that if you do NOT use the baseband that comes with the release, you usually get Fastdormancy issues (the phone jumping from HSDPA back to UMTS). This causes batterylife to decrease... a lot. We found first first Topogigi's roms that flashing the baseband that comes with the specific releases fixes all of these issues and improves battery-life. So it might mean that there are tiny differences between basebands, even if they are all called 0725.

You can recognize the errors by looking on the command-line (easiest way to check this is with terminal emulator), popping to root with "su" and executing "logcat".

FD not activated
D/GsmDataConnectionTracker(25463): LGE_Fast_Dormancy) Set Timer to 1000

It should actually say it is activated, but you'll recognize that straight away when you see it. Try it, and if you get issues with v20m, make sure to flash this baseband. I for example installed the deodexed v20m, and when I did, I got many FD issues on the v20l baseband. Today I flashed the KDZ with baseband and I have not of these issues anymore.

If anybody could try to flash this baseband, flash the deodexed v20m from the german forum, and confirm it works now this should be the one to use.

rottenpenguin

Jun 17, 2011
I flashed this BB an then copied the RIL but after that the radio stopped working (no coverage). GetRIL said that the v20m RIL was identical to v20L Italy open. I used the BB with other RILs and they worked.

edit: I checked logcat radio and found errors like this one: couldn't find rild socket retrying after timeout.

Last edited:

wapz

Jan 20, 2008
I flashed this BB an then copied the RIL but after that the radio stopped working (no coverage). GetRIL said that the v20m RIL was identical to v20L Italy open. I used the BB with other RILs and they worked.

edit: I checked logcat radio and found errors like this one: couldn't find rild socket retrying after timeout.

Hmm, weird. Sounds like a non-gb ril on a gb baseband, weird.

Reactions: TOFIRE

norbee007

Jun 27, 2009
Budapest
Hi!
I just wanted to update my BB. I flashed the 824, it wasn't good, so I flashed 823, but it wasn't good for me, and then I tried the v20m which is 4 separate files. When i flashed the first (the biggest .fls) my computer turned off... :S I thought i screwed up my phone, but it is working, it only doesn't ask my pin code.
When i try to flash it again with the smart flash it get time out error, the pic is attached.
What can I do besides send it back to LG and hope to repair it? :S

Thx in advance!

Update:
I solved the problem with flashing the v20m.kdz, following this tuto: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1327929
The first time it was a bootloop but i made a factory reset with: power button (hold)+vol down (hold). After the restart all is good. :)

Edit: Is there a v20m BB which is only one .fls? I almost bricked my phone while trying to flash the 4 file version... :S

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

wapz

Jan 20, 2008
I have these errors sometimes as well with the four files. Because it doesn't even start flashing it is not an issue. Just try again and mostly the second time it works fine again. Don't worry :)

Reactions: norbee007

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Managed to extract the baseband files from the KDZ upgrade, so here they are for your pleasure. Flash all four files in order from the largest to the smallest.

1. R375_SIC.fls
    2. AENEAS_FW.fls
    3. slb.fls
    4. psi.fls

Please follow the instructions from Paul's thread here. You can also find the Smartflash tool and the drivers overthere.

To use P990 flash to flash this baseband:

• Download the utility file from Paul's thread.
    • Download the driver file from Paul's thread.
    • Download the baseband file below
    • Run the SmartFlashTool_P990.exe application on your PC
    • Turn device off, remove battery, plug device in while holding volume down - you should see a software update message on screen and the COM port should be filled automatically in the flash application below after installing the drivers if required.
    • Select the 'ROM Copy D/L' tab
    • Ensure 'Normal Mode' is selected
    • Ensure 'Erase CAL' is NOT selected
    • Click the browse button next to 'CP Bin:' and select the baseband (FLS) file
    • Click 'Start' and wait for the flash to complete
    Please follow the last 6 steps for each of the four files.

Download the 0725 baseband from v20m here (multiupload). RIL for v20m is here.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE.

Hmm, weird. Sounds like a non-gb ril on a gb baseband, weird.
    I have these errors sometimes as well with the four files. Because it doesn't even start flashing it is not an issue. Just try again and mostly the second time it works fine again. Don't worry :)