[Q] My Note III is bricked??

Search This thread

KelvinEclipse

May 19, 2014
Hi guys, I am new here, I am now finding help anywhere about my Note III recent problem...

My note III is SM-N9005 Malaysia version, I did root it with CF Auto Root and I had been using it without problems until yesterday morning,

This is my case :
I realized my alarm was written "Clock has been not responding" and I lost my network service, then I tried to restart my phone,
Since I restart, it became worst, my phone went into boot loop and sometimes freeze on the "Samsung Galaxy Note 3" screen,
But in a few times of reboot, it will be able to boot into homescreen, but still no service for the network, and everything processes work extremely slow, even freezing and crashing!

What I tried to do to fix it :
-I went to the Samsung service center, and the technician said that my warranty is voided (Ofcourse I knew it), and he told me that this problem is due to software problem instead of hardware.
-I did flash my kernel with stock kernel again which was downloaded from Sammobile, but it did not fix my problem,
-And I tried to hard reset and factory reset of my phone, it did not help too,
-I am also tried to clear cache and dalvik cache and reboot the device, it didn't seems working...

I have already done what I could but I still yet to fix my phone, what should I do now, any experts can guild me?? T^T

Thank you

welard

May 5, 2009
Hi guys, I am new here, I am now finding help anywhere about my Note III recent problem...

My note III is SM-N9005 Malaysia version, I did root it with CF Auto Root and I had been using it without problems until yesterday morning,

This is my case :
I realized my alarm was written "Clock has been not responding" and I lost my network service, then I tried to restart my phone,
Since I restart, it became worst, my phone went into boot loop and sometimes freeze on the "Samsung Galaxy Note 3" screen,
But in a few times of reboot, it will be able to boot into homescreen, but still no service for the network, and everything processes work extremely slow, even freezing and crashing!

What I tried to do to fix it :
-I went to the Samsung service center, and the technician said that my warranty is voided (Ofcourse I knew it), and he told me that this problem is due to software problem instead of hardware.
-I did flash my kernel with stock kernel again which was downloaded from Sammobile, but it did not fix my problem,
-And I tried to hard reset and factory reset of my phone, it did not help too,
-I am also tried to clear cache and dalvik cache and reboot the device, it didn't seems working...

I have already done what I could but I still yet to fix my phone, what should I do now, any experts can guild me?? T^T

Thank you

have you done a EFS backup? it helps if you run into problems like this....

check here...http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2298104

this works on note 8 though

Last edited:

KelvinEclipse

May 19, 2014
Last edited:

welard

May 5, 2009
I didn't really know about EFS while I root my phone, I just knew it recently due to my current issue, so I didn't backup it....
Is there any other solution??? Or could I recover my EFS eventhough I didn't do a backup??

BTW, thx for reply~

check your internal card or sd card for a folder called Backups or something similar, if your running a custom rom normally EFS is automatically stored there if your custom rom does do EFS backup automatically at install....if not do a search on the forum for EFS RECOVERY or re-flash your rom it may help or may not, but im sure it wont though...

also read though the link i sent you there maybe some think there that may help you

KelvinEclipse

May 19, 2014
Thanks guys for the replies

-I went for a search for the backup folder in either of the storage mentioned by I didn't see a file called "backup"... I think I deleted it since the factory reset I've done yesterday, I went to many forums hat talk about EFS, and it wont help my problem cos all of them are talk about "Backup/recover", where I didn't backup my EFS earlier...

-I tried for the IMEI code, that's the reason I know about EFS, it shows "null/null", and most the information are showing unknown, such as baseband version, IMEISV, IP Address, Bluetooth Address.

-My current situation is whatever I flash into my phone, it just wont help, the problem didn't improvise at all...

Thanks..

doodydood

Nov 11, 2013
Thanks guys for the replies

-I went for a search for the backup folder in either of the storage mentioned by I didn't see a file called "backup"... I think I deleted it since the factory reset I've done yesterday, I went to many forums hat talk about EFS, and it wont help my problem cos all of them are talk about "Backup/recover", where I didn't backup my EFS earlier...

-I tried for the IMEI code, that's the reason I know about EFS, it shows "null/null", and most the information are showing unknown, such as baseband version, IMEISV, IP Address, Bluetooth Address.

-My current situation is whatever I flash into my phone, it just wont help, the problem didn't improvise at all...

Thanks..
download Stock firmware from sammobile or samsung updates
turn phone off, boot into recovery mode wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition
turn phone off, boot into download mode
use odin v 3.09 load your downloaded firmware into AP, check update boot loader box, don't check anything else and click start.
once it finishes flashing, it will reboot by itself.
if it fails then you might want to repeat the process above one more time.
if still fails u might want to do emergency recovery via kies.

Good luck and hope this helps.

KelvinEclipse

May 19, 2014
turn phone off, boot into recovery mode wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition
use odin v 3.09 load your downloaded firmware into AP, check update boot loader box, don't check anything else and click start.

Thanks for the reply:)

I have tried the odin method and it didn't work...
Now I am trying for the kies emergency recovery method, and I will reply if there are any improvements...

KelvinEclipse

May 19, 2014
Hi guys, I think have some new clues to determine my problem now

I flashed a custom recovery into my phone this morning,
and I realise that my /system, /efs and /firmware-modem is unmounted,

I tried to mount them, it was successful, but when I reboot the device, the problem still there,
Boot loop, no IMEI, no Baseband Version, Lag Processes,

and I went back to recovery again, I realised they have been unmounted again...

Any idea what is the problem guys??:confused:

Thx:)

KelvinEclipse

May 19, 2014

Hi there,

I have tried the kies emergency recovery method, but it was unsuccessful,
My note 3 was connected to the kies, but when I run Emergency Firmware Recovery,
My device was instantly disconnected with kies

And I have also tried the Firmware Upgrade and Initialisation,
The Kies showed me that my device is not supported with initialisation...

Anything I should do??

Thx:)