[Q] Camera light not working in AllianceROM

Search This thread
May 5, 2011
I can't seem to get the camera light to work at all with AllianceROM build 1. It won't flash in the camera app, and I've tried 3 different flashlight/torch apps and it none of them will light it. Any ideas? :confused:

May 5, 2011
Update

I can't seem to get the camera light to work at all with AllianceROM build 1. It won't flash in the camera app, and I've tried 3 different flashlight/torch apps and it none of them will light it. Any ideas? :confused:

It suddenly works again. I'm not sure what happened, but I restarted the phone a few times, booted to the stock ROM, and then booted AllianceROM again and now it works (for now). Possible bug?

kinstre11

Jul 6, 2014
Hobe Sound
It suddenly works again. I'm not sure what happened, but I restarted the phone a few times, booted to the stock ROM, and then booted AllianceROM again and now it works (for now). Possible bug?

There are many reported issues with rom slots in Safestrap. It is always recommended to flash on the stock slot. If you insist on running multiple roms I'd advice keeping your daily rom on the stock slot for the battery performance alone.

May 5, 2011
There are many reported issues with rom slots in Safestrap. It is always recommended to flash on the stock slot. If you insist on running multiple roms I'd advice keeping your daily rom on the stock slot for the battery performance alone.

Thanks for the advice. I'm still scratching my head on this one though, as AllianceROM is currently in the stock slot.

May 5, 2011
I'm going to try out Jasmine ROM v1.8. Flashing it to the stock slot now (did a nandroid backup of AllianceROM and moved it to a ROM slot.) Maybe Jasmine ROM will be less quirky.

kinstre11

Jul 6, 2014
Hobe Sound
I'm going to try out Jasmine ROM v1.8. Flashing it to the stock slot now (did a nandroid backup of AllianceROM and moved it to a ROM slot.) Maybe Jasmine ROM will be less quirky.

There are some quirks to every rom but multiple flashing can leave residual things behind that screw with what is currently running.

I do this everytime I flash a new rom. If you don't know about this already you'll be surprised just how much is left behind after wiping the slot the normal way. You should still do both wipes. However be aware that even doing both of these multiple times there will still be some residuals left over.

The other thing I can recommend (but not all the time, warnings are in the OP) is a Odin restore. This will completely wipe and reset everything, there should be no residuals.

Good luck on Jasmine.

scott_65

Jun 13, 2012
Not sure on your particular problem, since you said you were in fact on stock slot. But a few comments just in case it helps. I had problems with every single rom that I did NOT put on a freshly wiped stock slot. Any other slot always created problems. I also ran into many various issues when reinstalling my titanium backups. So the last install of Alliance that I made (the current rom that I'm using now, for the last couple of months), I kept it to a very minimum. I used titanium to reload my texts and maybe a few game apps (data only), that was all. I always use google to restore my contacts, emails, etc. And my pictures, ringtones, etc are always stored on my sd card. I know allot of people rely heavily on backups, but I usually have more problems than what its worth. Hell, up until the last couple of roms, I never even made backups. If I bricked a phone, I just wiped and started all over. And the same every time I switched roms. The only thing I lost was old texts and my progress on solitaire scores, lol.

As far as your specific problem. The only thing I would suggest is try thinking of any sort of settings or apps that might link the flashlight or torch feature with the camera. I don't use any other apps, but I know there are allot of alternative torch apps, and also ones that use the camera, like instagram, etc. The only experience I have with any related error is if I try to open the camera while the torch is on, it force closes the camera. Turn off the torch, reopen the camera, all is back to normal. I'm using the stock camera, and stock torch app...