KINdroid(Vermine Droid Clone)

Search This thread

corey124

Apr 22, 2011
Im curious does this only work over wifi? I always get a timeout error when I try this. By the way Im fairly new here but have an extensive knowledge of programming. I also was able to jailbreak my kin twom.

Nobody is going to believe that you were able to jailbreak your kin twom without proof of your accusation. just sayin.

johnkussack

Aug 17, 2010
i wanna crash mine, so post it. it's my 2nd kin, it can't be really so bad to kill another one.

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
This KINDroid thing sounds cool but isnt working on my device. I keep getting HTTP ERROR CODE:504. Which is a Gateway Timeout. I was wondering if anyone could help?

johnkussack

Aug 17, 2010
Yeah, i wonder who randomly knew about the R+B option... maybe.. umm err... this forum.. yeah, maybe.

Also, that's not jailbreak that's stupidly bricking. Interrupting a flashing is not a jailbreak.. oh.. sigh....

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
Every time I use this protal it gives me an HTTP:// error code: 504 which is a gateway timeout code I was curious if anyone could help me cause Ive tried everything.

ishbar

Jun 8, 2011
tucson
has anyone tried axcessing the phone whiles its updating hte modem? it might at lest let us send a file to it maybe?

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
Yes we have tried and failed it dosent give you an access pathway or modem pathway or rom pathway it just switches the software. There is no way that we currently know of to do this.

dezgrz

Dec 22, 2010
West Allis
Every time I use this protal it gives me an HTTP:// error code: 504 which is a gateway timeout code I was curious if anyone could help me cause Ive tried everything.

I'm hosting from a personal computer at my house so if it's off, my internet is down,l power is out, or any other reason you aren't going to be able to access the site.

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
I was digging through old posts and found this. THIS WAS AWSOME! Can we spaek this back up again and make it bigger and better?

Kinuser1

Apr 4, 2011
I was digging through old posts and found this. THIS WAS AWSOME! Can we spaek this back up again and make it bigger and better?

I know what he uses. This was a portal for the PSP at one point. I can download this and set up a server. Need some instructions for a server though. I'm not to fond of setting up servers.

So, if you just give me some sort of tut for a MAC user (Snow Leopard) I'll be more than happy to host this for you.

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
Tha would be cool if we could make an ICS portal and improve on his design. Then we could add in web apps that can be used even without this and we would have a really cool setup starting.

Kinuser1

Apr 4, 2011
Tha would be cool if we could make an ICS portal and improve on his design. Then we could add in web apps that can be used even without this and we would have a really cool setup starting.

It wasn't his design so technically I can't/we can't modify it. I'll have to ask the person who made it first.

Zachman690

Aug 19, 2012
Warrington
About jailbreaking your kin twom

Im curious does this only work over wifi? I always get a timeout error when I try this. By the way Im fairly new here but have an extensive knowledge of programming. I also was able to jailbreak my kin twom.

--
Hey. I read your comment on the xda forum about you being able to jailbreak your kin twom. I've been doing research on a way to jailbreak my kin twom for quite some time now. I love the phone and would just like to be able to open up its full potential. Could you let me know how you jailbreaked it and if you got it to run a different OS. Thankyou and I hope you can help me.

Zachman690

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
--
Hey. I read your comment on the xda forum about you being able to jailbreak your kin twom. I've been doing research on a way to jailbreak my kin twom for quite some time now. I love the phone and would just like to be able to open up its full potential. Could you let me know how you jailbreaked it and if you got it to run a different OS. Thankyou and I hope you can help me.

Zachman690

Sorry to disapoint, but I have not discoverd any way to jailbreak/unlock/root the Microsoft Kin TWOm. We are still working on this though and have promissing leads but nothing more.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those of you who have a psp you may know something about Portals. Offline web pages that give you the feel of using a different operating system. Well I've been working on making portals originally designed for the psp compatible with the KIN and then hosting them on a server due to KIN not being able to load web pages from it's flash storage.

I call the project I am currently working on KINdroid. It is based on the verminedroid PSP portal which is a PITA to work with because of the fact that it was programmed in french.

*UPDATE*
    Recent changes include:
    Fixed Maps link
    Fixed calculator app
    Added calendar link
    Fixed weather link
    Fixed duplicate backgrounds on some pages
    Changed IM link to ebuddy

Please clear temporary files and cookies to see changes.

screenshot20110614t1807.jpg

Give it a try yourself by going to http://173.89.0.47 on your KIN

Also try the windows phone 7 portal by going to http://173.89.0.47/win7phone/index.html