External Battery charger for TG01??

Search This thread

borderfox

Apr 8, 2011
I used that charger in combination with a couple of batteries - up until a few months ago. Trying to use the TG01 this week - as backup - just need it with a different sim in it.

However, either the batteries can no longer hold any charge or the charger isn't charging them anymore? Anyone have any ideas on this?? I leave the battery in the charger overnight. It's got red light when I slot it in and blue light when I take it out (which in theory is the way it should be). However, when i slot the battery in, it's dead within literally a couple of hours!

Anyone know whats going on here?

juzz86

Retired Senior Moderator
I used that charger in combination with a couple of batteries - up until a few months ago. Trying to use the TG01 this week - as backup - just need it with a different sim in it.

However, either the batteries can no longer hold any charge or the charger isn't charging them anymore? Anyone have any ideas on this?? I leave the battery in the charger overnight. It's got red light when I slot it in and blue light when I take it out (which in theory is the way it should be). However, when i slot the battery in, it's dead within literally a couple of hours!

Anyone know whats going on here?

Sounds like your cells are stuffed buddy (based on the fact you do get a couple hours usage (not zero), plus the LEDs on the charger seem in order). How long have you had them? Usage patterns while using the TG01 as your primary device 'back in the day' can wreak havoc on cell holding capacity over longer periods of time. If you 'cycle' your cells down to about 10%, then recharge every night, your cells last longer. If you're like me, and put the thing on a charger every chance you get, your cells suffer somewhat. Not noticeable in day-to-day usage, but over time the effects are magnified :)

Top Liked Posts