Snapdragon-8228,8225Q,8212 development future??

Search This thread

digyvijaykumar123

Nov 21, 2013
Koderma
OPENSOURCE ISSUE

I purchased 3 devices and i have to choose one for me and rest for my brothers,But i am confused which one i should use.

Xolo Q1100 with Snapdragon 8228 CPU & Adreno 305 GPU

Xolo Q500 with Snapdragon 8225Q CPU & Adreno 203 GPU

LAVA IRIS 406Q with Snapdragon 8212 CPU & Adreno 302 GPU​

I defiantly want to develop custom Roms and kernels but i cannot find any source codes of these.No sources provided by manufacturer and
nothing found on internet.My previous device was mediatek based.I am new to snapdragon.

Specification variations has no matter with device selection.I just want development and opensource.

SO any of the above processors have development future?

If any more info required then plz notify me....

I am mentioning here some good devs so they can give me advice.Sorry if you don't like my way.I apologizes.
@wanam @HazAnwar @albinoman887 @alucard_24 @blackdub370 @broodplank1337

Last edited:

WildfireDEV

May 1, 2013
OPENSOURCE ISSUE

I purchased 3 devices and i have to choose one for me and rest for my brothers,But i am confused which one i should use.

I defiantly want to develop custom Roms and kernels but i cannot find any source codes of these.No sources provided by manufacturer and
nothing found on internet.My previous device was mediatek based.I am new to snapdragon.

Specification variations has no matter with device selection.I just want development and opensource.

Thing is although this phone is Qualcomm based and not Mediatek it is unlikely that the manufacturers will ever release the source code because they are Chinese companies but there is a chance. Search around being a Qualcomm device you might be able to find another device with the same chipset and with existing kernel source and use it.

Sent from my HTC One (M8)

Reactions: digyvijaykumar123

peter_dizai

May 13, 2011
A.m.o.n.g D_E_V_E_L_O_P_E_R_S
Which one?

Well.it would be the best for you to pick up the first one in your list.:good:

because of several reasons which the first one is I.do have it myself, and I'm so pleased of that and secondly it's specifically designed to enable devices to switch seamlessly from app to app, enjoy breathtaking download speeds and play the hottest games and even enables best-in-class mobile experiences with all-day battery life.:cowboy:

Reactions: digyvijaykumar123

digyvijaykumar123

Nov 21, 2013
Koderma
Thing is although this phone is Qualcomm based and not Mediatek it is unlikely that the manufacturers will ever release the source code because they are Chinese companies but there is a chance. Search around being a Qualcomm device you might be able to find another device with the same chipset and with existing kernel source and use it.

Thanks for your advice sir.I will look forward to it.:good:

because of several reasons which the first one is I.do have it myself, and I'm so pleased of that and secondly it's specifically designed to enable devices to switch seamlessly from app to app, enjoy breathtaking download speeds and play the hottest games and even enables best-in-class mobile experiences with all-day battery life.:cowboy:

Thanks for reply,and first one definitely seems good on specification table.But i need to choose device which has development future and for
that it must be opensource.So do you have any idea about sources for snapdragon 8228??And which device you own?

verma_ayush

Dec 31, 2014
Delhi
OPENSOURCE ISSUE

I am mentioning here some good devs so they can give me advice.Sorry if you don't like my way.I apologizes.
@wanam @HazAnwar @albinoman887 @alucard_24 @blackdub370 @broodplank1337

I have the Xolo Q500. Pretty good device though but now its bricked. There is no custom recovery nor custom rom available for this device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OPENSOURCE ISSUE

Which one?

Well,as I said, I do have the first listed device and hopefully I have gathered some sources which were in chinise,
    I had tried to translate some but most unfortunately I am not with my own PC right now but If I get there and if you wanted to,I can share them with you.