[ftf][sgp511]17.1.a.0.402[1281-8033][global-wifi]

Search This thread

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
Here is it, the new update 17.1.A.0.402 für the 16GB WiFi model SGP511! (Downloaded in Germany.)

https://mega.co.nz/#!xZAAyYoD!EFFk9hRoYgPXITY2_d5QtiyJMgHMbLMK9fDbSzgW8Gg

Have fun! It works, flashed it myself on my unlocked device.

P.S.: Somehow it was not possible to enter caps for the thread title - they always were automatically changed to lowercase. How's that??

Last edited:

Faisal Alro8y

May 2, 2014
I have the wifi version also but my device unlocked and rooted, if i flash it from recovery will it wipe everything ??

thanx

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
You can't flash a FTF from recovery.
Only with Flashtool.
You can set in Flashtool which wipes you want or not.
Root and recovery will be gone, and to regain them we have to wait for Doomlord releasing a new custom kernel suited for .402 firmware.

Reactions: Faisal Alro8y

xinfinityoO

May 14, 2011
Wellington
17.1.A.2.36 vs 17.1.A.0.402

to me this one looks old then what came installed on the tablet ??? according to the numbers

or am i wrong

edit
====
correct ur tittle

firmware version is

17.1.1.A.0.402

can someone please provide me to the links of flash tools.

thnaks

Last edited:

Chefproll

Apr 27, 2014

http://developer.sonymobile.com/services/flash-tool/

Hasenbein1966: I guess this forum is meant for helping each other, right ?
If we just throw in some technical terms which won't mean much to others, we should not wonder if the same "others" brick their devices - and then need to ask for far more help.
Providing a single link costs us 10 seconds and makes asker and follow-up readers quite happy and safe.
Keeping "secrets" for ourselves might lead others into great trouble, causing real problems and far more effort to the "experts" - now dealing with an issue with no simple 10-seconds-solution anymore.

"Spoonfeeding" a human baby is a vital step for it learning how to eat without any further help. It's a principle working very well for millenniums, a first step to being able to help yourself. I don't see anything wrong with that.
We're a community after all. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: moSess

xunus

Feb 22, 2010

If we just throw in some technical terms which won't mean much to others, we should not wonder if the same "others" brick their devices - and then need to ask for far more help.
Providing a single link costs us 10 seconds and makes asker and follow-up readers quite happy and safe.
Keeping "secrets" for ourselves might lead others into great trouble, causing real problems and far more effort to the "experts" - now dealing with an issue with no simple 10-seconds-solution anymore.

"Spoonfeeding" a human baby is a vital step for it learning how to eat without any further help. It's a principle working very well for millenniums, a first step to being able to help yourself. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Hi chef, i saw this flashtool too but it says i have to be unlocked. I also saw a flashtool from here and it doesn't say i have to be unlocked. I wanted to stay locked but flashing a newer firmware(different software customization). Is that possible:confused:

Chefproll

Apr 27, 2014
Hi chef, i saw this flashtool too but it says i have to be unlocked. I also saw a flashtool from here and it doesn't say i have to be unlocked. I wanted to stay locked but flashing a newer firmware(different software customization). Is that possible:confused:
I just don't know. :( - I didn't root my Z2s till now because I a) don't want to lose the X-Reality video enhancement, and b) still got no Z2 without any manufacturing defects/touchscreen issues (even after upgrading to .402). :/

pmeinert

Nov 7, 2010
Why not try it and report back. If it succeed without unlocking, then great, if not, you don't loose anything. I used the one you linked too successfully on Mac, but mine is unlocked.

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
If you flash a FTF with the xda flashtool, you don't need to be unlocked. This is the flashtool which is always meant in discussions here, not the Sony one with the same name.

Reactions: Chefproll and xunus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is it, the new update 17.1.A.0.402 für the 16GB WiFi model SGP511! (Downloaded in Germany.)

https://mega.co.nz/#!xZAAyYoD!EFFk9hRoYgPXITY2_d5QtiyJMgHMbLMK9fDbSzgW8Gg

Have fun! It works, flashed it myself on my unlocked device.

P.S.: Somehow it was not possible to enter caps for the thread title - they always were automatically changed to lowercase. How's that??
    If you flash a FTF with the xda flashtool, you don't need to be unlocked. This is the flashtool which is always meant in discussions here, not the Sony one with the same name.
    You can't flash a FTF from recovery.
    Only with Flashtool.
    You can set in Flashtool which wipes you want or not.
    Root and recovery will be gone, and to regain them we have to wait for Doomlord releasing a new custom kernel suited for .402 firmware.