[Q] How to fix Galaxy S2 (No file contexts)

Search This thread

Noobaling

Apr 26, 2014
hey guys, this is my first post so forgive me if its a little vague,

today i was reinstalling OmniRom's Kit Kat, when it went into a boot loop. i tried formatting and wiping the cache, reinstalling, then rebooting, but each time i rebooted it showed the "Samsung Galaxy S II" logo and then then went straight into recovery. This cycle repeats each time i try to reboot the system. I flashed the old Siyah 2 Kernal using Odin 3, but this just seemed to make matters worse.

Now as i try to flash OmniRom, it says "Warning: No file_contextsset_metadata_recursive: some changes failed", which is then followed by yet more unsuccessful attempts at reinstalling the ROM.

The last time i repeated this process, it said "Root access possibly lost. Fix?", which led me to assume that everything would be hunky dory from there on out (yeah, exactly :confused: ...).

I have looked everywhere and the only advice i can find is reflash Siyah 2 Kernal and hope for the best, so any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Again, sorry for the vague description as this is my first time posting a question on this site. Please lay out advice in simple English as I am no more than a beginner in this field.