[Q] [HARDBRICK] LG G Pad 8.3 V500 after Swapper 2

Search This thread

wisnusewu

Oct 21, 2013
Hi, I have flashed my GPad with vanir commotio rom, and after I run swapper 2, my tablet won't boot again. Cannot go to recovery and download mode. I have used USB JIG with no success, and when I connect to my computer, tablet shown "qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 (COM3)" on device manager. Can anybody help? Thanks

Jhon998

Nov 27, 2013
UK - Live in UAE
Hi, I have flashed my GPad with vanir commotio rom, and after I run swapper 2, my tablet won't boot again. Cannot go to recovery and download mode. I have used USB JIG with no success, and when I connect to my computer, tablet shown "qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 (COM3)" on device manager. Can anybody help? Thanks

If it's appear like that in the pc, looks like your internal memory has been wiped (or partitioned), happened to me before, i sent it to lg customer care and they had to replace the hole motherboard... sorry to hear...

When u use the swapper, choose mdblock1 instead of mdblock0, cuz. it is the internal memory and 1 is the external one!

Or use another swap app that have a advanced settings!

wisnusewu

Oct 21, 2013
The problem is LG G Pad is not available for my country (Indonesia). I bought it from Hongkong. When I contact Indonesia's LG service center they seems cannot service my tablet. So shame.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Jhon998

Nov 27, 2013
UK - Live in UAE
The problem is LG G Pad is not available for my country (Indonesia). I bought it from Hongkong. When I contact Indonesia's LG service center they seems cannot service my tablet. So shame.

I guess all is manual right now, u better buy a motherboard and replace it your self, Dude!

Preference: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-LG-G-PA...OGIC-BOARD-MOTHERBOARD-ORIGINAL-/131129026401

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

It costed me $177 to fix in lg center, then i found this motherboard...

Reactions: wisnusewu

wisnusewu

Oct 21, 2013
Can I fixed it with JTAG or anything? For me It's not worthed to spend around 200$ for fixing this tablet.

wisnusewu

Oct 21, 2013
I guess all is manual right now, u better buy a motherboard and replace it your self, Dude!

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

[/COLOR]It costed me $177 to fix in lg center, then i found this motherboard...

Are you sure 100% if I change the motherboard, I can use my Pad again?

Jhon998

Nov 27, 2013
UK - Live in UAE

Not sure, but if u have qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 (COM3), then, it is a motherboard fail, means that not hole motherboard is effected (MAYBE if the hole motherboard effected, u will not get any sign, even in pc), but it maybe the internal memory fail, but otherwise u cant replace only the Internal Memory alone, u have to get the hole motherboard, so u can bring it back to life...

Reactions: wisnusewu

wisnusewu

Oct 21, 2013
Thanks for your answer.
Now, just waiting a month for the motherboard to arrive. So expensive [emoji31]

jarod004

Jun 25, 2014
I feel for the OP, as I too, have hard bricked my tablet when I tried creating a swap partition via swapper. In my case, all black screen, no response when I try to power on the device, no nothing....

The only sign of life, is that when I connect the tablet to the computer via USB,i hear 2 faint beeps but then nothing....

Does anyone have any recommendations, apart from replacing the motherboard? I find it a bit too expensive, as its almost 2/3rds the price of a brand new tablet.

Does anyone know if JTAG will work on the LG G Pad 8.3? Also if anyone can recommend someone who can fix it, for a fee ofcourse ;) , please feel free to PM me. Thanks :)

Jhon998

Nov 27, 2013
UK - Live in UAE
I feel for the OP, as I too, have hard bricked my tablet when I tried creating a swap partition via swapper. In my case, all black screen, no response when I try to power on the device, no nothing....

The only sign of life, is that when I connect the tablet to the computer via USB,i hear 2 faint beeps but then nothing....

Does anyone have any recommendations, apart from replacing the motherboard? I find it a bit too expensive, as its almost 2/3rds the price of a brand new tablet.

Does anyone know if JTAG will work on the LG G Pad 8.3? Also if anyone can recommend someone who can fix it, for a fee ofcourse ;) , please feel free to PM me. Thanks :)
u mean USB Jig?? i don't know, I've seen a video earlier that it work with lg too... its made for samsung by the way...

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jarod004

Jun 25, 2014
u mean USB Jig?? i don't know, I've seen a video earlier that it work with lg too... its made for samsung by the way...

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Nope. I mean jtag, a device that is soldered onto the chip and hardcode data directly into it. You can use it to restore a hard brick. i think i saw from somewhere that the jig wont work. But i think Jtag will stand a chance.

wisnusewu

Oct 21, 2013
After I change the logicboard, everything works fine again to stock 4.4.2. The only downside is now my G Pad screen doesn't stick with the back part of the G Pad because of the teardown.

Jhon998

Nov 27, 2013
UK - Live in UAE
After I change the logicboard, everything works fine again to stock 4.4.2. The only downside is now my G Pad screen doesn't stick with the back part of the G Pad because of the teardown.
don't you have a case to stick em up?

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

You can however reach the ports? headphone and USB?

wisnusewu

Oct 21, 2013
headphone and usb are fine. It's just the bottom corners of the screen now slightly lifted up because cannot stick with the back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Preference: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-LG-G-PA...OGIC-BOARD-MOTHERBOARD-ORIGINAL-/131129026401

It costed me $177 to fix in lg center, then i found this motherboard...

Not sure, but if u have qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 (COM3), then, it is a motherboard fail, means that not hole motherboard is effected (MAYBE if the hole motherboard effected, u will not get any sign, even in pc), but it maybe the internal memory fail, but otherwise u cant replace only the Internal Memory alone, u have to get the hole motherboard, so u can bring it back to life...