Getting Android onto Xperia X2

Search This thread

scbond

Nov 29, 2008
Manchester
I love the look of the new Xperia X2 which, you will all surely know, is imminent! However, after having owned an X! which was a nightmare, I'm a bit cautious. Plus, I definately do not want to touch Windows Mobile, no matter what version they thrust upon us.

I currently use a G1, thankfully without T-Mobile, and was wondering what the chances of getting a full install of Android onto the phone are like? I haven't seen much about the hardware yet myself but I'm assuming the hardware is similar to that or the X1 and other high-end HTC devices. What I would really love is Android fully operational, with full usage of the hardware as the OS for the phone....not any form of emulation.

Jakarba

Feb 13, 2009
Yeah im interested on the android to i have my x2 for about a week and its a nightmare with the wm i hate it :( hopefully there will be some solution soon :)

madsk

Jun 9, 2007
Yeaa, me to. Im so disapointed. Xperia X2 is so slow, full of mistakes, and worthless using. :(

Kangal

Jan 3, 2006
I have to agree. But going by the specs it is the exact same thing as a HTC Touch Pro 2.
Except the:
1) tilt vs slide screen (A BIG difference)
2) 3.2 no LED vs 8.0MP with LED camera (A BIG difference)
3) 288MB vs 256MB RAM (~ no difference to experience)
4) FM Radio vs N/A (some value/difference)
5) N/A vs Optical Trackpad (some value/difference)
6) 3.6" vs 3.2" screen size (~ no difference to experience)
http://www.esato.com/phones/compare.php?phone=523&cp=458

All in all, I think the HTC has more features (except for camera) but the SE has a much better overall "feel". It is prettier and more sturdy (debatable) and the keyboard on the SE is much better (debatable but see my notes). So if the HTC had the camera, look and feel of the SE it would be a real knockout. Or if the SE had the FM Radio and Tilt screen it would be the knockout.

Why SE has better keyboard:
they both have all the useful keys (+)
the HTC has more keys (5 rows) vs SE (4 rows) (-)
The SE has larger keys (+)
The SE keys are more square (+)
The SE keys have a better tactile feel (+)
THE SE has slightly more amount of discretion between each key eg unlike Moto Droid (+)

Since HTC Touch Pro 2 got the XDA-royalty for XDAndroid, it actually should be very easy to get Android 2.1 on the X2. Why? They both have virtually the same processors and internals except the camera. The only issue would be if the X2 can be flashed, any slight differences that may need different drivers or unforeseeable factors.

If this occurred, I'd rather an XDAndroid X2 over the XDAndroid TP2 (depending on its usability ofcourse).

Kangal

Jan 3, 2006
If you guys cannot wait for Android and really dread the WinMo ugly face maybe there is a solution.

A coocked ROM with a new UI.
For eg/
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=670861
Which seems pretty decent.
Add in FPsece (get the full version) and some ROMS (ie games, Tekken 3, Gran Turismo 2) and your device might just be joyful after all.

Just surf xda, there might be a UI that is just for you.

nemesissbg

Apr 25, 2010
This shouldn't stop here. I'm pretty sure things can be better. That phone is so ****ed and no one trying to do anything. I don't know. Is it possible to come something good for that Phone? :confused::(:confused:

Gsm3_L@B

Jan 26, 2009
uae
yes we need some one help to install android on x2 pls sony ericsson xperia x2 how to install Android

twixi007

Jul 19, 2012
Android X2 2012

Good time of day.
Who can take on porting Android to Xperia x2?
I am ready to pay the amount within reason.
This phone is very practical - I do not want another, but Windows mobile 6.5 portibni all outdated programs out vyhdyat for new mobile operating system (Android, IOS, Windows Phone ...)
I am sure that this is possible because the Xperia X1 and X2 are very similar in configuration.
Any questions please bid on:
xperia-x2.tk
Or put a list of all the ROM developers
Best Regards, Dmytro

Last edited: