New update 20F anyone?

Search This thread

moxalis

Sep 1, 2011
Is there any way to unroot in order to install the update, so that I won't have to flash the rom? Full Uninstall from the SuperSU app doesn't seem to work.

meangreenie

Mar 6, 2012
Is there any way to unroot in order to install the update, so that I won't have to flash the rom? Full Uninstall from the SuperSU app doesn't seem to work.

I think you need to restore system/ect/install-recovery.sh .. then delete the su files and the SuperSU apk should be completely back to stock barring any other system modifications made.

moxalis

Sep 1, 2011
I think you need to restore system/ect/install-recovery.sh .. then delete the su files and the SuperSU apk should be completely back to stock barring any other system modifications made.

How do you restore the original install-recovery.sh file? I can find it in the folder but I'm not quite sure what you mean after that.
Also, sorry if I'm being off topic!

meangreenie

Mar 6, 2012
How do you restore the original install-recovery.sh file? I can find it in the folder but I'm not quite sure what you mean after that.
Also, sorry if I'm being off topic!

yeah sorry there's a catch 22 there

installing superSu/ioroot overwrites it and i don't think it's backed up.. you'll have to grab it from a clean rom .zip if there is one

Reactions: moxalis

Goreman

Jul 14, 2014
Hi, what's the utility of the padlock that is in the right under corner of the quick window screen?

metalboy94

May 12, 2011
Bucharest
Hi, what's the utility of the padlock that is in the right under corner of the quick window screen?

That's actually been there since 20D. LG elected to add another lockscreen to the QuickWindow lockscreen, so that before you can switch clock faces you need to swipe to unlock on the QuickWindow area - and the padlock is there to show you that. It doesn't prevent answering calls or dismissing alarms, but it's very oddly designed (the 2nd lockscreen forced the Clock widget on 20D; even if you left the Weather widget on screen, after waking up you would see the Clock widget, and after swiping you would see the Weather one).

Goreman

Jul 14, 2014
That's actually been there since 20D. LG elected to add another lockscreen to the QuickWindow lockscreen, so that before you can switch clock faces you need to swipe to unlock on the QuickWindow area - and the padlock is there to show you that. It doesn't prevent answering calls or dismissing alarms, but it's very oddly designed (the 2nd lockscreen forced the Clock widget on 20D; even if you left the Weather widget on screen, after waking up you would see the Clock widget, and after swiping you would see the Weather one).

Thanks for the reply, so in fact it serve to nothing...

aaa89h

Jul 10, 2011
www.google.com
battery drain

After updating to 20f i got a huge battery drain
Battery life is 22 to 24 hours
Before updating it used to be 40 to 48 hours

What should i do? Should i go back to an older one or just go with CM rom?

masteril

Nov 30, 2012
Totaly rubbish this lg ads on the home screen is ugly and i dont find anyway to remove it and its part of the home screen.nothing new.camera focus is still bad and slow.20d is just fine.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fallenwout

Oct 19, 2011
Totaly rubbish this lg ads on the home screen is ugly and i dont find anyway to remove it and its part of the home screen.nothing new.camera focus is still bad and slow.20d is just fine.

Ads on lg launcher... What are you talking about? don't misinform people.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Reactions: vamsik58

masteril

Nov 30, 2012
Ads on lg launcher... What are you talking about? don't misinform people.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

its not ads its ad. And i dont misinform just flash Bruce rom and see yourself.
On one of the tabs in lg launcher just like in g3 roms with the health.
On 20f you have "ad" tab from lg about the g2.totaly useless.

Michalko5896

Jun 16, 2014
its not ads its ad. And i dont misinform just flash Bruce rom and see yourself.
On one of the tabs in lg launcher just like in g3 roms with the health.
On 20f you have "ad" tab from lg about the g2.totaly useless.

1. You can turn this off
2. It is also on 20d and 20b (maybe also on JB, idk)

Reactions: 60nine

Top Liked Posts