[DFT] Sammy Rainbow - custom roms for Samsungs 1st generation

Search This thread

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
I don't think anyone is even working on it, someone please correct me if im wrong but I really wouldn't hold your breath.

the DFT forums for the focus S are dead.

myfocusw7

Dec 19, 2011
So today I tried installing on my FocusV1.3 but I kept encountering the following error every time. I had the latest samsung drivers installed (SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_1_5_6_0.exe) but still I kept getting this message.

What is the workaround for this?
[Error Description]:

Please make sure that your device is connected to your computer.
also make sure that right drivers are installed (SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe)
Try to connect device to different USB port and also you can try to reboot PC.
Also you can try to exclude USB hubs.

[Info]: USBWorkDMLI_SAM.cpp (173)

dmw_4814

Nov 8, 2010
Cleveland, OH
So today I tried installing on my FocusV1.3 but I kept encountering the following error every time. I had the latest samsung drivers installed (SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_1_5_6_0.exe) but still I kept getting this message.

What is the workaround for this?

Make sure you're clicking on the right executable to flash the ROM - I just installed the WP7.8 ROM on my Focus yesterday, and I tried for hours to flash it (I was getting the SAME error message as you)! I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I realized I kept double-clicking the .EXE to install MAGLDR on my phone, and I ALREADY installed it! As soon as I double-clicked the .EXE for the ROM, it installed without a hitch! :)

Dennis

myfocusw7

Dec 19, 2011
Make sure you're clicking on the right executable to flash the ROM - I just installed the WP7.8 ROM on my Focus yesterday, and I tried for hours to flash it (I was getting the SAME error message as you)! I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I realized I kept double-clicking the .EXE to install MAGLDR on my phone, and I ALREADY installed it! As soon as I double-clicked the .EXE for the ROM, it installed without a hitch! :)

Dennis

This is the exe(DFT_MLI_SAM1.exe) I'm trying to install but each time I'm getting the same error message:eek:

dmw_4814

Nov 8, 2010
Cleveland, OH
This is the exe(DFT_MLI_SAM1.exe) I'm trying to install but each time I'm getting the same error message:eek:

That's the .EXE for installing MAGLDR on your phone (I believe); do you already have MAGLDR installed, and are you now trying to flash the ROM? If so, you need the .EXE for the ROM. If you're trying to install MAGLDR and are getting this error message, I'm not sure what could be wrong.

Dennis

myfocusw7

Dec 19, 2011
That's the .EXE for installing MAGLDR on your phone (I believe); do you already have MAGLDR installed, and are you now trying to flash the ROM? If so, you need the .EXE for the ROM. If you're trying to install MAGLDR and are getting this error message, I'm not sure what could be wrong.

Dennis

Yes, I'm trying to install MAGLDR on my phone. But with this error message poping up I cant go any forward.

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
i know it sounds stupid but if its in a zip folder , make a new folder ,put all the contents in there and run it from there , make sure you have all the latest drivers , interop unlocked , dev unlocked , it should work , I just put the Nokia rom on my focus 1st gen and thats what I did , works great!

sid8810

Aug 25, 2004
guys, do i need to do this full unlock to get the 7.8 cooked roms? is there a samsung 7.8 cooked rom out?

bmamo

Nov 15, 2010
I had to install it using my girlfriend's computer. She has 32bit win7 on an x86 CPU, whilst i have a 32bit win7 on an x86_64 processor. on mine MAGLDR wouldn't install, and neither would the rom install. On the other machine it worked like a charm.

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
You can use that deep shining Nokia rom on 1st gen samsungs , I am using it now , kinda cool having the win 8 start screen plus there are other added features , you should try it!

ricardox6

Account currently disabled
Oct 30, 2010
GB
meettomy.site

/DFT Sammy Rainbow\
Custom ROMs project for Samsungs WP7 first generation

attachment.php

Supported phones:
*Samsung Focus Rev 1.3 (2K)
*Samsung Focus Rev 1.4 (4K)
*Samsung Omnia 7 (2K)

Please take attention, Samsung Omnia W and Samsung Focus S are the second generation and this release doesn't support them!

Do not apply Samsung FOTA updates - they may fix existing holes and prevent flashing MAGLDR / custom ROMs!

Please read these instructions carefully before installing!

Overview
Flashing custom ROMs done by installing MAGLDR to device.
MAGLDR is custom bootloader, created by DFT team. Closed source.
MAGLDR version for Samsungs is stripped down from most of LEO MAGLDR features to decrease it's size.
This release contains MAGLDR 2.00.

After flashing MAGLDR, you can use DWPI (DFT Windows Phone Installer) to install custom ROM.

Current version still have some issues with USB, I am working under them :)

Requirements
You need supported official Samsung ROM installed on your device to proceed with the installation.
If right MAGLDR version is not present, installation may fail
Please make sure battery is charged to 100%!

Description
Ability to install MAGLDR for flashing custom ROMs
Samsung OTA may replace MAGLDR by stock bootloader. Be warned!
Flashing stock ROM via Samsung utility will replace MAGLDR by stock bootloader.

Warranty Issues
Be warned, using this application may void your warranty.
If you need to send your device to a Repair Centre, make sure that it looks like stock!

Disclaimer
This product is free to use at your own risk. We take no
responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by
this unlocking procedure. No warranties, implied or otherwise, are given if you agree to use this product.
No problems were found while testing this product on several different devices, your experience may vary.
Use of the Product for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
It's not allowed to make any changes to this release.

Thanks to
HD2Owner for great art work!
mastermerlin for great art work!
sensboston for project bring up
fiinix and ceesheim for testings
All others for testing and support

Download links
look at attachment ;)

Enjoy!

The first custom ROMs
for Focus Rev1.3
for Focus Rev1.4
for Omnia 7

Best regards, DFT, Cotulla, 07.02.2012

Hi Master.
Do you have plans for custom ROMs for Samsungs 2nd generation?
I have a Samsung Focus S with a ROM demo and i wanted to install a full ROM.
Thank you.

ben ifin

Jan 3, 2011
Simlar question here.

I have a Focus 2 [ 2nd Generation Phone ].

-> has anyoine here tried installing on a 2nd gen phone ?

Ben

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

/DFT Sammy Rainbow\
    Custom ROMs project for Samsungs WP7 first generation

attachment.php

Supported phones:
    *Samsung Focus Rev 1.3 (2K)
    *Samsung Focus Rev 1.4 (4K)
    *Samsung Omnia 7 (2K)

Please take attention, Samsung Omnia W and Samsung Focus S are the second generation and this release doesn't support them!

Do not apply Samsung FOTA updates - they may fix existing holes and prevent flashing MAGLDR / custom ROMs!

Please read these instructions carefully before installing!

Overview
    Flashing custom ROMs done by installing MAGLDR to device.
    MAGLDR is custom bootloader, created by DFT team. Closed source.
    MAGLDR version for Samsungs is stripped down from most of LEO MAGLDR features to decrease it's size.
    This release contains MAGLDR 2.00.

After flashing MAGLDR, you can use DWPI (DFT Windows Phone Installer) to install custom ROM.

Current version still have some issues with USB, I am working under them :)

Requirements
    You need supported official Samsung ROM installed on your device to proceed with the installation.
    If right MAGLDR version is not present, installation may fail
    Please make sure battery is charged to 100%!

Description
    Ability to install MAGLDR for flashing custom ROMs
    Samsung OTA may replace MAGLDR by stock bootloader. Be warned!
    Flashing stock ROM via Samsung utility will replace MAGLDR by stock bootloader.

Warranty Issues
    Be warned, using this application may void your warranty.
    If you need to send your device to a Repair Centre, make sure that it looks like stock!

Disclaimer
    This product is free to use at your own risk. We take no
    responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by
    this unlocking procedure. No warranties, implied or otherwise, are given if you agree to use this product.
    No problems were found while testing this product on several different devices, your experience may vary.
    Use of the Product for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
    It's not allowed to make any changes to this release.

Thanks to
    HD2Owner for great art work!
    mastermerlin for great art work!
    sensboston for project bring up
    fiinix and ceesheim for testings
    All others for testing and support

Download links
    look at attachment ;)

Enjoy!

The first custom ROMs
    for Focus Rev1.3
    for Focus Rev1.4
    for Omnia 7

Best regards, DFT, Cotulla, 07.02.2012
    DMLI - DFT MAGLDR Installer
    DWPI - DFT Windows Phone Installer

attachment.php

DMLI is used to install MAGLDR to Samsung phone.
    Run DFT_MLI_SAM1.exe as administrator and follow instructions inside wizard.
    MAGLDR mode can be enabled by pressing "BACK" button inside clear storage menu.

DWPI is used to flash custom ROMs to Samsung phones.
    Phone must be connected in MAGLDR mode.
    After flashing you MUST do clear storage option, otherwise ROM may not boot.

Information for developers:

Also DWPI allows to dump current installed ROM, you can do it by running:
    Code:
    DFT_WPI_SAM1.exe -DUMP
    In this mode, DWPI will dump partitions to the files near EXE. (OS*.D000FF and CSC.D000FF)
    Note that current WP7 tools (like OSB7) may have problems with dumping ROMs after update.

Be warned: dumped rom may contain your Windows Live key!
    It can be not safe to share such dump, because somebody can use your key.
    Key is located inside DPP partition.
    Samsung WP7 first generation phones in MAGLDR mode:
    reserved4444
    So how do we edit our own ROM? I have a dump of my vanilla 8107 ROM and I can't get htcRIE to work with it at all with the CSC file... Anyone know what I am doing wrong or what tools I should use?
    CSC file contains only update packages which are installed at the first boot.
    Seems Samsung customize phones for operators via such way.
    OS inside OS.D000FF
    But I have a problem with DMLI software. After I click my phone type (OMNIA 7) the phone reboot in few moments. After that the software remains in "Installation progress" screen. Is it normally since the phone remains in home screen? How much time do I wait? Thanks
    This is NOT normal. It must stay in DLMODE during MAGLDR installation.
    Maybe you should try to flash other stock ROM.
    newbie here to flashing roms (will it remove all my data?)
    Yes, flashing custom ROM erase and remove all your data! Be warned.
    Many thankx for your work and your Custom Rom !!!
    But, with 8107, i lose my VVM ! have you a way to add my Mobil Operator files in your Rom to enable the VVM ?
    1)This thread only about method how to install custom roms.
    DFT roms are discussed in the other secion.
    2)I am not author of those roms, they was done by mwang. You should ask him.