Votes: 104 58.4%
  • No, revert to old CDMA

Votes: 74 41.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Scott_T

Oct 7, 2008
So far I am very happy with this ROM. It has been running very smooth, and is not bloated with everything including the kitchen sink.

Kudos.

Scott

gbmitchell

Jun 18, 2006
Alabama
blake.pm
ROM WARS!!!!!!!!!

IT'S CHEF VS. CHEF ACTION!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS NOT JUST A BATTLE
ITS A BATTLE ROYALE!!!!!!!

Seriously though, can you just make an exe installer on the update this weekend.

OpenWave

Jan 18, 2008
45.5081° N, 73.5550° W
*PeeU* It reeks of testosterone in here!

11 pages on alleged plagiarized custom ROM's! Are we supposed to extradite NFSFAN to PpcGeeks to stand trial or something?! lol Give credit where credit is due and don't look a gift horse in the mouth (wth did I write that for?)
I might just install this ROM tonight and give it a try. Does the 'free' tethering 'internet sharing' work for Bell?

Last edited:

OpenWave

Jan 18, 2008
45.5081° N, 73.5550° W
If you need any help pm me. I remember you from hofo. I help everyone there on bell with windows mobile lol. If you need any help add me on msn (pm info).
Yup the tether fix for bell release is still in tact and works fine. Just don't use peer2peer or skype or bandwidth hogg so bad that you get flagged for abuse.
Hey thanks Eric for your help (I'm going to need it) lol
Will add you when I get home tonight on a real computer, maybe you can explain how the the remote desktop application works, thanks again!

no2chem

Jul 18, 2007
1.From what i know nueMassStorage the version in the past nfs edited it had no license file on the site or in the zip. That's what i saw myself. not saying this makes anything okay but there is a FLIP side to this past issue. ITs not used anymore so why are we discussing it anymore.. it was delt with....

2.No, you idiots came back out of your holes to troll. This is lame your attempts to show how huge your e-penis I am envious okay? So how about you simmer down and stop posting useless stuff on this thread.

3.Are you 12 hun? Come on bud, grow up. Ur virtual e-penis's balls have dropped. I suppose your real ones wont ever? Anyhow......I am done it's like talking to a retard here you keep saying same things.

NFS IS BAD
NFS HAS NO SKILL
HE SUCKS
HE STEALS
I HATE THAT SEXY DEVIL

LETS BURN HIM AT THE CROSS RIGHT NOW...

Honestly. NO ON CARES for your guys's silly antics.
This is in reference to the **** before I even posted a single word on this thread in other pages. I bit my toung and figured let them get out there hate for nfs. I suppose you guys wont let up so time to actually debate this and get it over with so we can all move on hopefully.

This is to everyone here flameing this rom release over same one issue of "illegal" copying" OKAY, it is resolved now? Why not go back to the hole? Its warm down there..... try going home to your holes please.

a)

International Copyright Act
Article 4
Computer Programs

Computer programs are protected as literary works within the meaning of Article 2 of the Berne Convention. Such protection applies to computer programs, whatever may be the mode or form of their expression.

(for those not familiar with the Berne convention, The Berne Convention states that all works except photographic and cinematographic shall be copyrighted for at least 50 years after the author's death)

b) clearly, this applies with or without copyright notice.

c) nueUSB was clearly protected by international copyright law

d) nueUSB was a component of nueROM, which clearly has its own license agreement.

TheChampJT

Feb 7, 2008
I personally don't want to jump in the middle of this great debate, but it seems it has gone on here the moment this thread was opened. I have yet to read all the posts in full, but from the few I have read, it seems to be getting out of hand. I've seen some big names in here, mainly those most active in other forums. I understand from what I have seen that there is work posted with this ROM that either shouldn't be, or no credit was given. In all honesty though, I'm not sure how much longer I feel like watching this thread go back and forth with who is right and wrong.

Perhaps this thread needs to be closed, or resolved ASAP.

pierre1321

Sep 20, 2008
I personally don't want to jump in the middle of this great debate, but it seems it has gone on here the moment this thread was opened. I have yet to read all the posts in full, but from the few I have read, it seems to be getting out of hand. I've seen some big names in here, mainly those most active in other forums. I understand from what I have seen that there is work posted with this ROM that either shouldn't be, or no credit was given. In all honesty though, I'm not sure how much longer I feel like watching this thread go back and forth with who is right and wrong.

Perhaps this thread needs to be closed, or resolved ASAP.

i second that and third that or whatever it takes, but i would like to see it resolved cause sometime soon i would like to test this rom, even though i admit i did add to the ignorance

pierre1321

Sep 20, 2008
can you tell me what size page pool you are using and what the memory size is for storage and programs, also do you have any extra cab files for games or apps, and i might have gotten lost in all the blazing guns and smoke but was there any response to the sprint tv working or sprint telenav, thanks:confused:

JimmyMcGee

Moderator Emeritus
OK This is the Official Warning to Everyone.

We are going to take NFSFAN's word that there is not stolen work in his ROM anymore.

We are not going to talk of this issue any further.

Any further discussion will result in a ticket to banville courtesy of me, JimmyMcGee

Thanks.

JimmyMcGee

Moderator Emeritus
Well Guess What, I believe PolarGoat, missed my post. But I Doubt pierre1321 and NFSFAN did.

So Both of you welcome to a Three day Ban.

Thread Closed as well. Its deteriorated into Nonsense, Its not Beneficial at all to the community, so I wish to see it fade away.

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
The thread has been cleaned out a bit.

And will be cleaned out some more, Not out of censorship, but out of the clear nonsense and shame some posters are putting on themselves and XDA.

And a few more cooling of periods have been dished out.

1. Locking Roms from being extracted is something the kitchen tool builders like Bepe have put in there for many reasons. The tool and option exist to be used.
2. The way most do it when they want some information about a package or specific setting in a ROM, is ask the cook.
3. Protecting a ROM from being extracted does not say anything, content can still be taken out and cooks that use the tools that "lock" the ROM know this to. While everyone is so focused on the Rom protection method, i have not seen mention of the other reason why removing and merging all .DSM files and RGU's into just a few (ROM protection) is being used. PERFORMANCE.
4. Everyone has the right to cook a ROM, anyway he or she likes it.
5. Not only where the claims of "stealing" unjust to NFSFAN, they where also disrespectful to many of the people and users that have contributed information about the needed values for USB Pop Up.

My job is to make sure, that people, that are willing to spend time and effort to do something for the comunity, can do just that, do something.
And sometimes that means we have to play police(y) officer.

JimmyMcGee Gave a warning, and a good one at that. And i will back that up for any Upcoming new thread concerning this rom.

I hope to see NFSFAN back in a few days, and i hope that the new thread will be clean of trolling and flaming, because it will certainly get a no remorse policy when it comes to the same bull**** that happened here.

I hope all other 3day Banned users, get their witts together and realize that this does not serve XDA nor ppcgeeks any good.

Claims about "Stolen Software" are not fought about in the Forum.
This could have been asked any mod, that could then talk about it with other mods, that would eventually lead to someone getting the facts out.

USB2PCPOPUP from Opal does not work as a cure all cab or OEM for all devices. Different Resource files have been checked and modified from different builds and devices, different USB driver Registry settings from diferrent devices have been compared. Now most OEM packs need little or no adjustments to make them work on some other devices. This was not true for the Opal Extracted USB pop up. The person that put the most time into finding all this out and getting it to work was NFSFAN. He did it by communicating with some other users and cooks and by sharing information. I think everyone that has shared information and talked about this, would be outraged at what happened and has been claimed here.

ANY post related to something that has not happened in that particular thread where it is being posted to, or posted just to attack someone for "crimes/misunderstandings" of the past or other forums all together, do not belong here.

We break ****, we look at all the tiny pieces, then put it back together, take out a piece, put it back, replace it on and on and on.
We don't Claim stuff, We Theorize, We Research it and then we try to Claim it as acurate as possible and people HELP making sure that the final claim is correct, by testing and adding to the information. It's what XDA was about when it got started, and it's what it stil is about.

There are enough other sites to fight over issues and XDA is not one of those.

Thanks for your time.

The Thread is Re Opened.
This Rom does not Contain NeuUSB from No2Chem.
It's sad that all of this had to happen because of mistakes and missunderstandings.
Any Discussion aimed at theses previous mistakes or accusations will result in a longer ban fitting the way the post is written.
Rock On.!

Last edited:

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
The Thread is Re Opened.
This Rom does not Contain NeuUSB from No2Chem.
It's sad that all of this had to happen because of mistakes and missunderstandings.
Any Discussion aimed at theses previous mistakes or accusations will result in a longer ban fitting the way the post is written.
Rock On.!

Awesome. That's what I like to hear. Let the good times roll. :D:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NFSFAN's 6.5 21864 SYS/XIP V1.00 GENERIC CARRIER ROM

HOT OUT OF THE OVEN AND SUPER STABLE!!!!!
    Fastest WM6.5 ROM FOR VOGUE GUARANTEED

V1.00 RELEASED!!!

GET YOUR DOWNLOAD HERE

REQUIREMENTS: Must have general knowledge of PPCs and how to use one. GPS Radio.
    RECOMMENDED: GPS Radio (3.42.50) for Bell users

Precaution: Do not backup anything from previous ROM versions.
    Only backup contacts, appointments, emails and text messages.

IMPORTANT:
    Always flash from bootloader mode!!!
    Always Hard-Reset after ROM flash!!!
    Always let customizations run on my ROMs!!!

CRITICAL:

1. You have the choice of which dialer to install.
    This is very important!! You must install a dialer from one of the
    supplied cabs!! You have 2 choices CDMA or GSM.
    Click Here to visit the dialer post I made :)

2. For GPS to work with different carriers than Bell install
    one of the cabs in the attachment below, that matches your carrier.

3. For the weather to show up on the Manila2D homescreen
    you have to install the CDMA Home Weather Fix.cab
    found in the attachments at the end of this post. However, make
    sure that you ONLY install the cab after you setup the city in the
    weather tab of M2D, or else M2D will not launch.

4. To add custom cities for the weather tab on M2D, go to Start,
    Settings, System, and tap on Manila2D Weather Cities Editor.

NFSFAN's Opera 9.5

Based off newest build 17753!

Tweaked and built to be used with NFS ROM.
    Fully featured and loaded with speed enhancements. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Changes over stock:
    *Tweaked to be used with Vogue NFS ROM (heap & memory)
    *Zoom Slider Enabled
    *Uninstallable
    *Full Exit
    *Auto RAM Cache
    *Max Tabs set to 5
    *Download Complete Notification
    *Smooth Scrolling
    *Turbo Mode
    *Special Effects Enabled
    *Scroll Bar Colors Enabled
    *20 MB Disk Cache
    *Large page cache
    *Large image cache
    *Tweaked Adaptive Zooming
    *Max Server and Total Connections Tweaked
    *Removed HTC splash, substituted for original Opera splash
    *Defaulted skin colors to stock Opera
    *Home page set to google

FUTURE PLANS (V1.01):

N/A

****************************************************************************

HOTFIXES:

Verizon MMS:

* Install the cab provided in the link below, then after install go into the Connections,
    and delete everything there. After that is done, open Advanced
    Config, press Menu, and press "Import provisioning XML".
    Search for mxipupdate_oemoperators_102.provxml, and import it. Soft-reset, and MMS
    should work.

MMS CAB

GALLERY:

200906022152430000111f.jpg
    200910112337430004111g.jpg
    200907242049420002111f.jpg

200907242049310001111f.jpg
    200907242049080000111f.jpg
    200904060247120007111f.jpg

Code:
    ********************************************************************************************
                            [U]Full Change Log [COLOR=Red](Applies to all Releases)[/COLOR][/U]

[URL="http://74.53.45.2/%7Eevadmin/nfsfan/Public%20Releases/Vogue%206.5/WM6.5%20Log.txt"][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]CLICK HERE[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/URL]

[U]General Change Log[/U]

[U]V1.00[/U]

***Fixed issue with hard resets occuring***
    *Kitchen changed to platformrebuilder with my .bat scripts
    *WMP plays videos by default
    *Fixed headphone issue (this time it works properly no joke)
    *Fixed blurry camera
    *Fixed video recording issues (removed CIF & L modes)
    *Fixed date and time picker position in landscape + ported new version
    *Fixed Album slideshow
    *Optimized boot
    *Optimized memory allocation
    *Added new WinMo Dialer skin
    *Added new icons for Adobe & Album
    *Added aGPS Confirmation  --  1.0.1918.3131
    *Added HTC Geo Service  --  1.0.1919.1120
    *Added Microsoft Facebook  -- 1.0.0.7
    *Added Manila2D Weather Cities Editor  --  2.1
    *Added Bluetooth Audio Gateway support
    *Added Microsoft Marketplace
    *Updated to final WM6.5 21864 build (builds after will be designed on 6.5.1 branch and will be betas)
    *Updated Google Maps  --  3.2.1.17
    *Updated Adobe PDF  --  2.5.1.0.395886.05H
    *Updated Boot Launcher --  1.0.1918.1525
    *Updated HTC Framework  --  1.1.1919.2728
    *Updated Shared Resource  --  1.0.1919.2728
    *Updated Manila 2D  --  2.0.1919.1432
    *Updated AudioManager  --  2.2.1918.2329
    *Updated Media Tool Kit  --  1.0.1918.2223
    *Updated Random Access  --  4.1.1917.3928
    *Updated RSS Hub  --  2.1.1.1101
    *Updated Settings Improvement  --  1.0.1918.4129
    *Updated Streaming Media  --  3.1.1918.3421
    *Updated Task Manager  -- 2.1.1918.3027
    *Updated USB to PC Popup  --  2.3.1918.3029
    *Updated Voice Recorder  --  1.10.1918.1619
    *Updated Menu Enhancement  --  1.1.1919.1133
    *Updated Email Setup Wizard  --  2.1.1919.1730
    *Updated HTC Power  --  3.3.0.0
    *Updated HTC Album  --  3.0.1918.2223
    *Updated Pocket RAR  --  3.90
    *Updated CapSure  -- 1.11g
    *Updated Windows Live
    *Updated MyPhone

********************************************************************************************

If you like and appreciate my work and effort, please take the time to click on the
    button. Thank you for your kind support!!!
    i was told a way to try and fix the start icons issue over at ppcgeeks, im no cook so i rather tell you instead

Modify StartMenu_GridView_240x320.crp (file name may not be exact, but it's close).
    Pics are blurry...unless I use the "sports" option

Anyone else noticed that since around V14 or so, that the pictures that are taken with the default camera option (has the camera icon in top left corner) always end up blurry, regardless of lighting? I've got around it by using the "sports" option (has the running person icon in the top left corner)...unfortunately, I have to take 3pics at a minimum; but with this setting, they are clear. I know that the first thought is that my hands are shakey...but it never happened on earlier ROM versions, even back to the 6.1 versions. Thoughts? Am I the only one?
    Hey all!

THIS MAY BE THE SOLUTION for those who are experiencing Internet connectivity problems since a couple of days with Bell (NFSFAN ROM).

YOU MAY NOT NEED TO REFLASH YOUR DEVICE or reinstall any Radio Versions or whatever.

JUST TRY THIS FIRST :
    1. Go to Settings, Connections and click on Connections Icon
    2. Click on "Manage existing connections"
    3. Click on Edit... for the Bell Mobility connection
    4. Click Next, Next and then Advanced button
    5. Go to the "Servers" tab
    6. Change this option : put it to "Use server-assigned addresses"
    (You can note on a paper your DNS and Alt DNS numbers in case, cause it will be deleted after).
    7. click ok. Click Finish.
    8. Try to connect.
    9. Surf the Internet !!!
    10. Take a beer after so much energy finding this problem....

Hope it will do the job for you!!