[ROM][KK 4.4.2][08/04/2014] CyanAOSP v3.4.0 port

Search This thread

Monfro

Jul 4, 2009
Mantova (Italy)
Nexus 9
Google Pixel C
This is a port of [ROM][KK][4.4]CyanAOSP KK4.4 for the Samsung Captivate.

All the hard work was done by ts1506 so spam his thanks button!

Main Features
1. Fast, stable and intended for gamers
2. Built from CM11 source with O3 optimizations, heavily debloated , no 3rd party apps are installed.
3. Trasparency and other KitKat effects enabled
4. Additional tweaks ( vary from version to version )
5. For those people who love ROMs with lots of themes , customizations , apps etc , please leave now , you will be disappointed , this ROM is not for you.

DOWNLOAD CyanAOSP v3.4.0

DOWNLOAD ts1506 GAPPS

DOWNLOAD ART COMPATIBLE GAPPS

If you need more customization install Xposed Framework and Gravity Box: most of the Gravity Box mods will work.

A special thank to pawitp, Alberto96, mohammad.afaneh and cannondaleV2000 for the kernels.

OLD RELEASES:
DOWNLOAD CyanAOSP v2.9.0
DOWNLOAD CyanAOSP v2.8.0
DOWNLOAD CyanAOSP v2.6.0

Last edited:

viiron

Feb 12, 2011
Otego, NY
Not Working For Captivate I-897

When selecting the ROM for update it pauses for a second or two and gives the following error:

Installing update...
This package is for "galaxys.galaxysmtd.GT-I9000.GT-I9000M.GT-i9000T" devices this is a "SGH-I897"
E:Error in /storage/sdcard1/CyanAOSP-KK4-v1.1.0.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Monfro

Jul 4, 2009
Mantova (Italy)
Nexus 9
Google Pixel C
When selecting the ROM for update it pauses for a second or two and gives the following error:

Installing update...
This package is for "galaxys.galaxysmtd.GT-I9000.GT-I9000M.GT-i9000T" devices this is a "SGH-I897"
E:Error in /storage/sdcard1/CyanAOSP-KK4-v1.1.0.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

1. After you flash for the first time it gives you this message.

2. Now you have to reboot recovery.
Then the new recovery will appear and you can flash.

3. Enjoy

Sorry i did not mention this.
OP updated with instructions

Last edited:
Reactions: ajeesh vijayan

carlosgardel

Sep 8, 2011
Hello, I dirty flash over slim 4.3 and boot ok and seems to work ok but have 1 problem. settings FC when clicking Developers Options. It supposed to work if I wipe everything?
Seems fast and stable apart from that.
Thanks!!

Monfro

Jul 4, 2009
Mantova (Italy)
Nexus 9
Google Pixel C
Its ART Working or does get bootloops?

...the tiny italic text...

Yes, ART works.
But you need to install ART compatible gapps (find the link in my CM11 thread)

Hello, I dirty flash over slim 4.3 and boot ok and seems to work ok but have 1 problem. settings FC when clicking Developers Options. It supposed to work if I wipe everything?
Seems fast and stable apart from that.
Thanks!!

At the moment I am not running this, on the rom I am running now developer options works, but device settings FC.

Do a nandroid backup, try to see if wiping data makes it works.
And you can also restore your backup later.

carlosgardel

Sep 8, 2011
Yes, ART works.
But you need to install ART compatible gapps (find the link in my CM11 thread)

At the moment I am not running this, on the rom I am running now developer options works, but device settings FC.

Do a nandroid backup, try to see if wiping data makes it works.
And you can also restore your backup later.

I resolved clearing Settings data. Thanks!

Reactions: idexample

viiron

Feb 12, 2011
Otego, NY

3. Enjoy

Yea this didn't work either. I did the usual..wiped data/factory reset, wipe cache, tried to install rom and received error. rebooted recovery, flashed again and got the same message. did this a few times with no luck.

I'm coming from HellyBean (Android 4.3.1) 10242013 :eek:

For ****s and giggles I just flashed AoCP 6.4.1u and that flash went well. But even trying from that rom and redownloading the CyanAOCP-KK4 it gives the same error.

Nevermind it was my fault. I was downloading the copy from andromirror (since it was faster) than the sucky ass time/bandwidth limiting site. But since I got that one it installed just fine.

Last edited:

anwarkhan25

Oct 25, 2012
Toronto

3. Enjoy

On your next build, extract the updater script, open it with notepad ++ and remove the following lines at the top. Then save and replace back into your zip. ;)

Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxys" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxys" || 
getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxysmtd" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxysmtd" || 
getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9000" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9000" || 
getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9000M" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9000M" || 
getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9000T" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9000T");

Nihar

Sep 13, 2012
Pune
On your next build, extract the updater script, open it with notepad ++ and remove the following lines at the top. Then save and replace back into your zip. ;)

Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxys" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxys" || 
getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxysmtd" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxysmtd" || 
getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9000" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9000" || 
getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9000M" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9000M" || 
getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9000T" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9000T");

I guess they are removed...
i just now checked it..
and the rom installs fine for me..

viiron

Feb 12, 2011
Otego, NY

Code:

Might also want to take a look at the following code changes so ro.vold.switchablepair works again for those of us that have broken internal sd cards: https://github.com/aperezdc/android_system_vold/commit/14231cf55570643e49c481dca5cf2a3f3249792f

carlosgardel

Sep 8, 2011
I have to say my Cappy loves this Rom. Its really smooth and stable. Im using Dalvik, tried Art for a while but I prefer Dalvik till all the apps I use work with it. Thanks, my Captivate is 3 years old and runs perfect with this. I not use the phone a lot but previous Roms i used deplete the battery fast in standby but not this. With light usage but wifi and location enabled its been 25 hours and have 57% battery. Great work!!

Last edited:

asharx

Apr 19, 2012
Ottawa
Yeah just put this on my wife's cappy. I am impressed, runs really smooth didn't have to mess with overclocking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: tork0112

Monfro

Jul 4, 2009
Mantova (Italy)
Nexus 9
Google Pixel C
Version 1.3.0 posted.

Changelog
1. CM 11 source synced as of 01/12
2. Advanced Settings added into launcher (mDNIE and TV Out working now)
3. Launcher3 included in ROM ( Same as Google Launcher, but 1/10th size and without google now integration )
4. CM Account removed.
5. Slimmed down a little (from 153MB to 147MB)
6. NeatKernel by mohammad.afaneh

Depending on the system partition your Captivate is using installing CyanAOSP 1.3.0 with NeatKernel may give error about different partition layout and if try to flash it gonna delete data.
If so do this:
1. Make a nandroid backup of CyanAOSP 1.1.0
2. Flash CyanAOSP 1.3.0
3. Restore data nandroid backup of CyanAOSP 1.1.0
4. Wipe dalvik+cache and Reboot device
Do these steps one after the other, staying in recovery from point 1 to point 4.

Last edited:

tork0112

Jun 6, 2013
Yeah just put this on my wife's cappy. I am impressed, runs really smooth didn't have to mess with overclocking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

Thanks!!! I'm using yesterdays along with the neat kernel, and it works fine for me! Plain, fast, and stable.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

keller.jeff

Aug 25, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Version 1.3.0 posted.

Changelog
3. Launcher3 included in ROM ( Same as Google Launcher, but 1/10th size and without google now integration )
4. CM Account removed.

Depending on the system partition your Captivate is using installing CyanAOSP 1.3.0 with NeatKernel may give error about different partition layout and if try to flash it gonna delete data.
If so do this:
2. Flash CyanAOSP 1.3.0
Do these steps one after the other, staying in recovery from point 1 to point 4.

Curse you hotfile! I hate hot file and it won't let me download ! Grrrr... Anyone have a mirror please?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a port of [ROM][KK][4.4]CyanAOSP KK4.4 for the Samsung Captivate.

All the hard work was done by ts1506 so spam his thanks button!

Main Features
    1. Fast, stable and intended for gamers
    2. Built from CM11 source with O3 optimizations, heavily debloated , no 3rd party apps are installed.
    3. Trasparency and other KitKat effects enabled
    4. Additional tweaks ( vary from version to version )
    5. For those people who love ROMs with lots of themes , customizations , apps etc , please leave now , you will be disappointed , this ROM is not for you.

DOWNLOAD CyanAOSP v3.4.0

DOWNLOAD ts1506 GAPPS

DOWNLOAD ART COMPATIBLE GAPPS

If you need more customization install Xposed Framework and Gravity Box: most of the Gravity Box mods will work.

A special thank to pawitp, Alberto96, mohammad.afaneh and cannondaleV2000 for the kernels.

OLD RELEASES:
    DOWNLOAD CyanAOSP v2.9.0
    DOWNLOAD CyanAOSP v2.8.0
    DOWNLOAD CyanAOSP v2.6.0
    Changelog
    1. CM 11 source synced as of 19/12
    2. Panorama mode fixed
    3. LockClock menu fixed
    4. Some new CM features added
    5. Gear Kernel
    6. Big Mem libs
    7. Trasparency and other KitKat effects enabled
    Version 1.3.0 posted.

Changelog
    4. CM Account removed.

If so do this:
    2. Flash CyanAOSP 1.3.0
    Uploaded v 3.4.0
    Hi, I'm trying to flash but I'm getting: assert failed: run_program("/tmp/updater.sh") ==0 error in the zip and status 7. I've flashed stock and CM11 but when I try this rom, reboot recovery and try to flash again, I get this error. It also doesn't allow me to flash any other rom. I have to go back to stock to be able to flash something else. Has anyone had similar experience and can give me a hand?

Unfortunately this is due to the fapt that Captivate kernels+recovery are not standardized, but they are all developed for other devices of Aries family, then compiled also for Captivate.
    Gear Kernel included probably has some asserts from I9000.

For this reason starting from now i will use only CM11 kernel for the rom; then users can flash other custom kernel of their choice.

Changelog of v2.6.0
    1. CM 11 source synced as of 10/01
    2. Call wake up lag fixed
    3. Added File Manager addon code into DocumentsUI from OmniROM
    4. A lot of other commits since last rom posted