Slide Aside

Search This thread

m0rPhEuZz

Mar 26, 2014
Hi all,

I've disabled the "Slide aside" but now i want to enable it again but when i go the to apps menu/disabled and select the slide aside i don't have the option to re-enable.
In the Setting/general the slide aside option also disappeared...

Please help

Klotar

Oct 9, 2013
Winnipeg
Hi all,

I've disabled the "Slide aside" but now i want to enable it again but when i go the to apps menu/disabled and select the slide aside i don't have the option to re-enable.

Please help

I go to Settings, scroll down to Slide Aside (Device section) and then click the toggle switch (top right), does that not work for you?

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
I never really found it all that useful when Google's builtin Multitasking app lets me pick any open app (not just 3). Plus I don't have to manually hide anything.

I DO use the floating apps and Memo often.

Klotar

Oct 9, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't even have that option... :(

Sorry, I read your initial post too quickly. I now understand that you meant you had disabled Slide Aside. So now it is listed with your Disabled apps but the Enable button is greyed out, correct?

I wonder if another app is also disabled that Slide Aside had as a dependency?

Are you rooted? Have you ever run GMD Auto Hide Softkeys?

m0rPhEuZz

Mar 26, 2014
No i'm not rooted.
D802 International with kit kat 4.4.2

As you'r right the button its greyed out.
And in the menu the option its not there.

Last edited:

scottanz

Jul 31, 2013
same issue here, disabled slide away while phone is on root, flashed to official 4.4.2 and am unable to enable slide away.
I guess the solution is to root my phone and enable it again :rolleyes:

BreakingVZW

Jul 7, 2012
Carmel
Hi all,

Please help

Lol I have the opposite issue. I disabled mine (although mine is listed in disabled so idk wth is up with that) but slide aside is always showing up in running apps even though it is disabled in settings AND apps.