Nexus 4 Died Fix

Search This thread

xph11

Nov 27, 2012
www.google.co.il
Hi,
I need help:
my nexus 4 was in charging overnight, hen i came up this morning, he was still fully functional.
aftr an hour, i came to use it again, it i saw that it was dead.
i have tried the fixes for the problem (to hold vol down and power byttons, an after 15 seconds to insert Cable and all this stuff, didn't worked).
i dont know what else to do!
im freaking out!
thanks for help :)

CCody

Apr 29, 2013
Can you turn your device on? If you plug in the charging cable, did it charge? And what about bootloader mode?

xph11

Nov 27, 2012
www.google.co.il
Can you turn your device on? If you plug in the charging cable, did it charge? And what about bootloader mode?

Nothing :/
the device wont turn on, the device wont charge (i have tried different socket/desktops, and also different chargers), and i cant boot into bootloader / recovey mode.

Note: when i performed the steps on the internet, when i plugged in the cable, the Red LED light in turning on for about 15-20 seconds, and then turning off.

what can i do except for going to a lab?

CCody

Apr 29, 2013
Nothing :/
the device wont turn on, the device wont charge (i have tried different socket/desktops, and also different chargers), and i cant boot into bootloader / recovey mode.

Note: when i performed the steps on the internet, when i plugged in the cable, the Red LED light in turning on for about 15-20 seconds, and then turning off.

what can i do except for going to a lab?

You can try this, if you didn't have already:
- Plug your phone to the charger while holding down the volume down button. Your device should boot into bootloader mode.
- If the above doesn't work, then let your phone charge for half an hour and try it again.

xph11

Nov 27, 2012
www.google.co.il
You can try this, if you didn't have already:
- Plug your phone to the charger while holding down the volume down button. Your device should boot into bootloader mode.
- If the above doesn't work, then let your phone charge for half an hour and try it again.

i have tried it and it didn't worked.
i will try in half and hour again like you said. (but i dont think that the phone is charging at all)
also, when i tried you steps, the Red LED blinked a few times when i inserted the cable in, and then its turned off.

CCody

Apr 29, 2013
i have tried it and it didn't worked.
i will try in half and hour again like you said. (but i dont think that the phone is charging at all)
also, when i tried you steps, the Red LED blinked a few times when i inserted the cable in, and then its turned off.

When you plug the cable in, you must press down the volume down button simultaneously. Not just only plug the cable in.

CCody

Apr 29, 2013
ok, i tried again now, and the Red LED is now on, and its not turning off.
its mean that the device is charging now?
im not touching it, im afraid to mess up something hahaha :p
Is the LED always on or only when you plug in the charging cable. I may have a slightly presumption...

xph11

Nov 27, 2012
www.google.co.il
Is the LED always on or only when you plug in the charging cable. I may have a slightly presumption...

since the LED truned on i didn't disconnected the cable from the device, and the LED didn't turned off.
i dont know if to remove the cable right now, because if it is finally charging, i dont want to stop it and mess it up again.

so what now?

edit: i didn't disconnected the cable yet. but the Red LED turned off.

Last edited:

CCody

Apr 29, 2013
since the LED truned on i didn't disconnected the cable from the device, and the LED didn't turned off.
i dont know if to remove the cable right now, because if it is finally charging, i dont want to stop it and mess it up again.

so what now?

You are charging from the electrical outlet, are you?
Just let it charge for at least two hours, it is a good sign that the LED went on. ;)

Furthermore this red LED also known as 'red light of death' is a common issue of Nexus devices. It's an indicator for the batterie not to charge or because there was a thermal shutdown cause by too much heat and you only can solve this by screw off your device.
I hope you dont must go this far. Just be patient and wait what happens after the charging period. :)

xph11

Nov 27, 2012
www.google.co.il
You are charging from the electrical outlet, are you?
Just let it charge for at least two hours, it is a good sign that the LED went on. ;)

Furthermore this red LED also known as 'red light of death' is a common issue of Nexus devices. It's an indicator for the batterie not to charge or because there was a thermal shutdown cause by too much heat and you only can solve this by screw off your device.
I hope you dont must go this far. Just be patient and wait what happens after the charging period. :)

did you saw my edit?

CCody

Apr 29, 2013
Did you also try to charge it with another cable? Try again to press down volume down key and plug in the cable.
By 'not charging at all' do you mean, there isnt this batterie logo when charging?

Edit: Try this volume-down-plug-in-cable a couple of time. It may not work the first time you do it.

Last edited:

xph11

Nov 27, 2012
www.google.co.il
Did you also try to charge it with another cable? Try again to press down volume down key and plug in the cable.
By 'not charging at all' do you mean, there isnt this batterie logo when charging?

Edit: Try this volume-down-plug-in-cable a couple of time. It may not work the first time you do it.

tried, not working.
when the phone i connected to charger, there is no LED light or somethinh on the screen.